It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real life Jurassic park coming to Austraillia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

An Australian billionaire reportedly plans to clone a real dinosaur from ancient DNA samples for a "Jurassic Park-style" area at his new theme resort, prompting many around the web to ask, "Has Clive Palmer seen how Jurassic Park ended?"

How cool would this be if it comes into fruition. On a side note i feel sorry for you Aussies, got America wanting to build a naval base down under. The Chinese buying up your land and water and now possibly giant carnivorous reptiles to contend with if it goes awry.

Thoughts?

Linkage

edit on 3-8-2012 by shaneslaughta because: Typing in the dark receses of Hell

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
i dont know whether to say this is awesome or not. this would be awesome..not considering the pros and cons.

i cant imagine what type of effect this would have world wide if indeed they are able to re-create this "jurassic" style theme park.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Star and flag as this is something I would LOVE to see, regardless of how the movies ended.
Now I do not claim to know a dern thing about DNA or any of the other things that might be involved with building an animal from dna but...
It seems to me that a wooly mammoth could not be too hard and very far off from an elephant.
I may be waaay wrong I dunno, but I'd love to see some dinosaurs living and breathing.
The mechanicals just don't do it for me as I know down deep that they are just that, plus they cannot just run around freely.
Another thing I'd LOVE to know....
I have had many different meats, I wanna know what a Brontoburger tastes like, really.
Plus one of these things could feed a neighborhood for months if done right.

Can't wait to see this, I'm giddy as a kid at disneyland about this subject.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Clive is a blow hard. He also wants to build a replica of the Titanic.

He's a rich fart with nothing but mush for brains.

This will not happen.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Serious? Imagine that.

Those billionaires with their money.

"I think the 1% have too much money and really don't know what to do with it."

I think any normal human wouldn't really know what to do with billions of dollars, I guess someone had to try the Dinosaur thing at some stage

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I have always wanted to try a rack of Rhabdodon.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

So the billionare thinks that you can go from artificial insemination to making a dinosuar out of nothing but DNA???

Good luck... no i really mean it, good luck

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Don't "clones" like that usually not live very long?

The exhibit would be a waste of money. :/

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

Dolly the sheep lived for 6 years. died of a cancer of some type. i don't think lifespan is the issue, the lack of embryos and a nice uterus to grow them in would be the real issue.
maybe science holds the key.....remember main stream knowledge is not the only kind.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
1. We have artificial wombs. Here

2. They wouldn't have to clone if they could find a dino stem cell. (adult preferably)

3. They're most likely going to use an alligator egg as a host for it, when they do it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
From day one of JP I've been waiting.
I hope I see this in my lifetime.
I would give just about anything to go there - see it - etc.
Dang! If I'm not too old by then I'd try and get a job there.
Cleaning up Dino dung - lol - what a trip!

peace

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

me too silo me too

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I have a very interesting rock at home and have been told it could possibly be a fossilized dino turd, dunno if their is any DNA in it but i dont mind selling it for a couple of million

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Cleaning dino dung?
I dunno bout that, if the dino was big enough, one pile could be a day long job!

It would be awesome fertilizer if it was a herbivore though.

I see a new market.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

....and now possibly giant carnivorous reptiles to contend with if it goes awry.

That's nothing new. They've always had giant carnivorous reptiles down there.

edit on 8/3/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I am a rich guy, what to do with my moneys.... Hmmmm, feed some poor people? Nah, open up some schools for poor people to learn solid trades? Nah, I want me a dinosaur!

Maybe there is a good reason dinos are extinct. I think there is a fine line science needs to not cross, to me cloning animals is past that line. Especially prehistoric ones

edit on Fri, 03 Aug 2012 02:57:17 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Thoughts?

I thought John Hammond would have something to say on this.

Called him and he did...

On a more serious note, I think the movie itself makes a statement about how dangerous and stupid it is, but that is assuming it is even possible.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Already been done in this forum:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Can't get viable DNA from a fossil thats 65+ million years old, considering that dino bones are not truly turned to stone, the marrow itself can be rehydrated leaving one to conclude dinosaurs didn't live millions of years ago. If he got viable DNA from dinosaur remains, and marrow is still viable then what we know of them is wrong. There was a paleontologist several years ago that soaked a dinosaur bone in an acid wash to clean it and when she came back 23 minutes later the marrow had been revived and blood vessels could be seen and most of the books are having to be rewritten because of her discovery. In light of that, it would be interesting to see a living dinosaur and be able to bring back extinct species. Worked for North American buffalo, why not give it a try?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Yeah ok...Rich gonn do what Rich gonna do!

That said I doubt this becomes anything...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join