It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever got back with their First Love and it worked?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Hi,

Basically I have been in and out of contact with my first love since we split up 5 years ago. We were together for 4 years from the ages of 16-20 and things were great. We split up because of being young and wanted to go out into the world to do our own thing.

Anyways like I said we have been in and out of contact for years and recently met up a few times. I never stopped loving her and she has told me the same (despite for a few years saying she didnt love me like that). She is now saying she wants to try again etc. I have asked mates for advice but they are divided, some say go for it whereas others say it will never be the same and I am living off the fantasy of it from when I was younger.

I have always wanted to be with her again. Girls have come and gone over the years but its always been about her. A lot of people seem to think that first loves should never be forgotten and cherished but put to bed at the same time.

My question is has anyone ever got back with their true/first love and it has worked? Or is it doomed most of the time like most people say.

Much appreciated

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Haven't tried it personally, but a few friends have. Although in most cases it was more like 15-20 years later, not 5.
Happy to say for them, it seems to work out pretty well. The one thing a few have said, is don't go in thinking it will be like when you were young, just remembering what it was that attracted you in the first place.

If nothing else, you will find out if the fantasy of what could have been is greater than the reality and you grow from the experience.

Good luck to you!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
You have to go for it or you will forever wonder "what if". I have been married to my first love now for 7 years. We dated in high school and then once high school was over we had other things in mind. We were broke up for a couple of years but just like you we still talked quite a bit. Whenever I would run into her in person I would still get those little butterflies. You gotta give it a chance...you just got to.

Good luck!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I had sex with a girl I used to fancy in primary school a few times.
Edit to add.. yeah it worked.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
You have to go for it or you will forever wonder "what if". I have been married to my first love now for 7 years. We dated in high school and then once high school was over we had other things in mind. We were broke up for a couple of years but just like you we still talked quite a bit. Whenever I would run into her in person I would still get those little butterflies. You gotta give it a chance...you just got to.

Good luck!

Sounds like a similar situation in a way. Really good to hear that things work out happily for you. Yeah thats what i was thinking that in a way i guess it would be better to try it and then it fail than have a lifetime of wondering what if...

Very good advice in the first reply too. Will make sure that if i do it i think along the same lines.

Thank you

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Dont try to make it like the first time around. If you two give it another go, start off fresh. Make it brand new. I think it would work out better that way

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

I personally never got back together with my first Love...but I know people close to me that have, and it worked out great for them

I say give it a try, or you'll never know...you two have history, and it sounds like Love for each other...I guess I'm a hopless romantic at heart....I lost the Love of my Life, not actually my first Love, but not a day goes by I don't still miss him...

Good luck with whatever you guys decide....if you give it a try again, be kind and honest to each other, never break each others trust, that's the kiss of death for healthy relationships......

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I say go for it. If you're not committed to anyone else you have nothing to lose.

Just don't go into it expecting the same feelings. You're both a bit older with more experience, so the same feelings aren't going to happen. You may still be in love, but for more reasons this time. If anything, it'll be deeper and mean more.

I never tried to get back with mine but I did get in contact with her a few years back just to touch base. The connection was still there, we both felt it from a thousand miles away, and we were more mature now to where we could actually talk about such things like adults. Not two horny, stupid teenagers who didn't know what they were doing or feeling. But we live two totally different lives now. She has a family, she's stuck in the Bible belt and I'm, well.....we won't talk about my belt.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that just because you two loved each other back then that doesn't mean it's the same kind of love now. Maybe it's just that mutual understanding that for whatever reason, it just wasn't meant to be on the level that you both really needed, and that's why it didn't work out then, but might now. For some people it happens that way and for others it doesn't. Some people just look back and go "You know, It did feel good while we had it". And that's better then never having it all really.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
After 21 years I decided to revisit that first love and it nearly destroyed the wonderful life that I have.

It may work for some, but not always.... so be careful.

Mickierocksman

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hi guys,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice. have just got back from spending an amazing night/day with her. All the feelings have come back for both of us.

Just going to take it slow and follow some of the advice on here about by going into it fresh again.

Fingers Crossed!!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
You have answerd your own question mate.. You said it has always been her.. You only get one life mate.. Dont live in fear, dont be afraid to get hurt or you will live a life of regret..

That regret is what you should fear more than getting hurt.

Go for it man! You know you want too..

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
My first love tried to friend me on facebook. She is married with kids. I refused. She can't have her cake and eat it too.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I married my first love after being apart for our teenage years.
Miserable failure.
Though the marriage lasted 12 years and we had 3 kids.
The kids are the only thing I don't regret,
however, that's just my story.

Someone said if you don't you will never know and I agree, is best to give it a try and see what happens.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Well I can't back with my First Love...as I Never ended up with Her to begin With...lol

new topics

top topics

join