It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama authorizes covert US support for Syrian rebels – reports

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

It's very hard to see through a secret order.

If he wanted to be like that, he could have just made a statement about supporting the Syrian Rebels. After all, with this order being disclosed, the effect is pretty much the same.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Kofi Annan Says He Is Quitting as Special Envoy to Syria, Effective Aug. 31

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The CIA and MI6 have been 'helping' the rebels from the start; they recruited and trained them for this mission.

www.guardian.co.uk...

"approved a CIA-MI6 plan to stage fake border incidents as an excuse for an invasion by Syria's pro-western neighbours, and then to "eliminate" the most influential triumvirate in Damascus. "
edit on 2-8-2012 by drbatstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Completely agreed, good post!

Originally posted by jibeho
No one likes to talk about "Benevolent Obma's " Proxy wars and hush military aid programs.

I published this thread yesterday regarding the escalating operations in Somalia to topple Al-Shabab. Nothing but Crickets. Last year the US denied any role in the fight in Somalia and now Clinton is talking about it....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All being done under the radar as much as possible in an election year.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

I wonder if President Barack Obama would be willing to sign a secret order supporting the rebels here in the US to overthrow our own regime. And why not, supporting this in other countries but not in our own [US] seems to me a bit hypocritical.

Our rebels would be called terr-or-ists though, and locked up.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
How many coups is that now for Obama? I'm losing count!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The US is providing everything but weapons to the Syrian rebels

Both sides [the rebels and Basher] have al qaida working for them, so no matter who the US supported, they'd be supporting terrorists, so better to support the guys being oppressed, right?

Syria, as it is now, is Russia's puppet, and their mad at US for trying to take it, but they don't want to start an all out war

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales
How many coups is that now for Obama? I'm losing count!

5 more and he'll win another nobel peace prize

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
We at ATS have been saying it the whole time, the story is now only official because they knew that they could no longer probably keep it secret or they were expecting a leak soon and so they preempted it and were forced to admit.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

I am curious, when will China and Russia authorize covert support for American rebels?
Its all a matter or perception.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It is Official. We are now supporting Al Qeada, the same "terrorist" we have been fighting for more than 10 years at a cost of billions of dollars and millions of lives.

Now that is "change" you can believe in!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Dreine

This present administration is a joke when it comes to anything involving Middle Eastern situations.

1. Increases drone strikes way above anything Bush did.
2. Let's top secret chopper parts fall into Chinese hands via Pakistan.
3. Let's Iran capture a drone

Sometimes I wonder whose side the administrations on?

Add the automatic budget cuts or sequestration cutting down the military to pre WW2 levels i have to agree and ask whose side is the current admin on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join