It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Ron Paul's Speech Against Iran Sanctions August 1, 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The first video comes from yesterday. It is the Executive Order signed by the President and read by the reading clerk to Congress, describing the implications and direct sanctions to Iranian infrastructure and banking affiliates.

Dr. Paul is correct in his assessment of the new sanctions imposed against Iran. His concern with civil liberties is unparalleled in my opinion, and not only in America. To bad this gentlemen really doesn't have a chance in the upcoming elections, because we may have seen for the first time an actual President who doesn't bow to internationalist warmongers and the global elite.

The Bill Mr. Paul is talking about is H.R. 1905 Iran threat reduction and Syria human right's act of 2012. The Bill is sponsored by the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Chairmen, Rep Ileana Ros-Lehtinen.

A few remarks supporting the legislation from Mrs. Lehtinen:

Yesterday ]AIPAC sent a letter to every member of Congress urging them to vote Yes on the Bill, basically establishing a virtual state of war on Iran.

How this whole thing will play out is yet to be seen, but escalating tensions in a country by prohibiting fair use of currency can only end up in possible conflict and eventually all out war.

edit on 1-8-2012 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
To bad I cannot vote for Ron Paul here in Canada . I think the world needs Ron Paul to be in office

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Nice speach Dr. Paul. So much wisdom falling on deaf ears. I would feel sorry for him but I know he doesn't need my pity. He's a soldier, if only half of his resolve sinks in to the American public then all is not wasted.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
He'll win.
I believe divine forces are in action here.
If he doesn't then it means he wasn't the best choice, or it isn't the time yet.
Perhaps if he doesn't win it means the global elite will destroy themselves, and thus need no opposing force to stop them.
But if he does, it means that we do need him.
I think we do need him, and he will be our next president, something will happen that will enable him to win.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Bravo Sir.

~Tenth

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You know what kills me? What really really... really kills me? Is that i am listening to this man speak and realize that everything he says is absolutely *right*. Right on the [snip] money (pun intended). And what do i see the Americans doing? They have Romney in there. [snip] ROMNEY!? Are you [snip] KIDDING ME!

Forget for a minute the fact that you say you are a republican, or you are a democrat. Just listen to Ron Paul speak here. Does he make sense to you? He certainly does for me. It is sooooo frustrating to know that the U.S. population has the chance to have this guy for president... yet it is Obama (who has lied about numerous things and on whom i have gone from somewhat hopeful to hell no over the course of his first term. He's backed by the same b.s. as Bush before him. And Romney? Your telling me Romney is a genuine, actual potential to be your *president?!* Please Americans. I beg of you, don't do it. Please do the right thing ( if it is still possible, i'm not familiar with you pres. election system.) Am i saying Ron Paul is going to be the best prezident evar or something like that? No, what i am saying is (for one, think of the alternatives) and for another, he is the only person who seems to have any kind of [snip] *integrity.*

I apologize for the perhaps indignant vehemence in my tone, but it seriously drives me crazy. Where is that America that we all know and love, the one that *actually* stands up for freedom, rather than oppression and corruption.

This is just my opinion, take it how you wish, i don't claim to be a know it all here, these are simply my expressions of impressions.

Peace. ~
edit on 1-8-2012 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/8/12 by masqua because: Censor circumvention

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Fellow Ron Paul supporters, I apologize for my complacency. It's gotten to the point where I get sick of starring and flagging Ron Paul speeches, threads, etc. cause the man is so darn

RIGHT!

Every time he speaks. I am sick of his rightness. I am sick of his brilliance. I am sick of his incredible record that that no one could ever hope to duplicate. I am just so darn sick of Ron the man Paul I could just....

As usual, he's dead on. More sanctions on Iran? It IS an act of war.
Over NOTHING. Note the great point he makes that the NPT provides for them the right to nuclear energy, and also note the never ending hypocrisy of the Israeli position.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What he has stood for the entire time is just beginning to spread, better late than never and It's never too late to stand up for you believe in. Thanks for being a beacon of hope to us all Dr. Paul, I bet they are squirming more and more each time you speak. It's spreading now... slowly but surely.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Is the threat real?

I am just as concerned about the restriction of civil liberties and basic Human rights to Iranians as I am about their restrictions to Americans. But let's worry about Americans first?
Worrying about Syrians and Iranians makes me think that the people who are doing the worrying are more concerned about something other than the American people...
Especially when our country is taxed so near to the point of madness and collapse!

It would also be comforting for me as a non-Islamic Human Being, if the Islamic faith, as a whole, would get rid of that whole Jihad business.
I mean, how can anyone talk seriously with another person about peace when they are holding holy writings whose place mark is a scimitar?
(And if someone thinks that even slightly offensive I would have to say in reply that the concept of Jihad against non-Islamic Human Beings such as myself is even more so...)

I would love to see us approach and talk to each other outside of the lights cast by any world religion...

Why can we not discuss things in the light of Human Positive Principles and Virtues?

Lets start with Principles such as Underlying Truths, Mutual Respect and Humanism...
Let us speak in terms of our shared Humanity, and it's more positive Virtues such Compassion and Honor... Humility and Spirituality...

These are Human concepts divided by no borders...intrinsic in all of us...upheld by the all encompassing Love of Life and what it is to be Alive and Aware...

War is the impatient animals way out...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing your great wisdom Dr. Paul.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
So if country's did this to us, we would consider it a threat and strike.

The purpose of this is nothing more than to get Iran strike first, then when we say "they attacked us" the people will call for the death of iran and it's people.

We are provoking war here. Peaceful country my ass.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
do people not listen to what this man has to say? seriously, i just don't get how people don't agree with him over foreign policy. oh, and how do they seem to forget that everything the man has predicted happened due to a deeply flawed system? they just won't listen.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Khurzon

America followed the wrong leaders, and now they have a choice to change all of that, even if it is not "immediately".
Idealism in this country changes more so than a lot of other countries because we are still a brand new country in terms of age and we have come quite far be it for the better or for the worse.

The "top Leaders", are not even leaders. They are the problem.

Every now and than by some stroke of luck, the people finally get 'someone' that they can put all their chips down on, that can actually bring them positive change instead of overall misery.
The people; MOST of the time ,cast that luck aside and continue their quest for never ending ignorance.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Vegas running false flag bets as of now? Get out of London is my 1st thought.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chapterhouse

Im ready to get out of Vegas. Ima go find a hole somewhere.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
USA claimed Iraq had nukes...1 million people died just to find out...oh they didn't have them afterall. Now USA wants to go to war on the same exact terms...a pipe dream that they might have nuclear weapons to justify their evil.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I have to admit, this pisses me off, what he is saying is fact and truth, why is it so crazy?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
A well educated woman was in my home just the other day and saw one of my many Ron Paul items, she asked me, "Who is Ron Paul?"

Now this is a well respected healthcare professional!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Poor RP trying to explain things to the dumbed down masses is a uphill battle. Here America is committing yet another act of war on a nation that hasn't attacked America. And why are we doing this? To protect a nation that has attacked us. Is our government stupid or what?

No surprise to see the Israeli spy organization AIPAC is meddling in our governments business once again where it doesn't belong. We need a law forcing all of it's members to be listed as foreign agents.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
It's all so backwards now I can't even muster the right words to describe it, else I'll violate T&C. These people calling for war with Iran have my open invitation to go in first. Of course they are the ones that will be seated in a recliner watching it unfold from the comfort of their homes when it kicks off. It'll be Iraq version 2.0 but worse, and for nothing.

Seriously. If anyone here supports action against Iran, go there, and do something about them. And bring Netanyahu with you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join