It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clear Photo of Luminous Triangular UFO From 2005

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I was looking through photographs at ufoevidence.org when this photo caught my eye.

Enhanced:

The photo was taken over Puerto Rico on May 15, 2005. The case appears to have been investigated by 'Inexplicita: The Journal of Hispanic UFOlogy'.

The following is a preliminary report of this event in Puerto Rico -- the flight of a large triangular UFO over Puerto Rico. More witnesses to this sighting are coming forward, since there were more people on the avenue when the event took place. We would like any witnesses living in Puerto Rico's Carolina and Urb. Los Angeles districts to please phone us at the following numbers in order to continue our research. At this time only one person has photographed the object, but we are aware that more people saw it, including administrative personnel from the [Luis Munoz Marin International] Airport.

The main witness and photographer (same person) was interviewed by the group:

Transcript of the Interview by Willie Durand Urbina and Jose A. Martinez Echevarria with the witness to the triangular UFO seen on May 15, 2005 at 12:16 a.m.

Willie: Hi Wilfredo, please tell us the experience you had when you left work. Wilfredo: Well, it was one night when I left work at around 12 midnight. I was in the town of Carolina near the Los Angeles development, on an avenue exactly facing the airport and beyond Baldorioty [de Castro Avenue], or exactly behind Baldorioty. Then I saw a glow that came from behind a hill and thought it was strange.

Willie: There's a hill there?

Wilfredo: That's right, in the rear. That's when I heard the dogs barking, the birds singing and I saw the animals were becoming desperate. I was frightened. What could it be?

Then when I looked behind me, I saw a great, very large glow. But I couldn't see the craft because I was inside the van. I pulled the van over and got out -- that's when I saw an immense triangular object. I can't give you the exact measurments, can't describe it in meters, but I can tell you [and compare it] to the size of a ball park or two enormous ball parks. It was going very slowly and passed directly over me. Willie: Was it making any noise in particular?

Wilfriedo: None. No sound, just a light coming out of the middle.

Willie: Did you feel any heat, atmospheric changes, or temperature [changes] as the object went by?

Wilfredo: Yes, it seems that the light emitted some sort of heat, I don't know what kind of heat. It was like a high voltage bulb and you could feel the heat of the light. It made no noise whatsoever and was going slowly, very slowly, and thats when the van's engine and lights went out completely. I got inside, tried to turn the engine over, but nothing. Ahh!! But before getting inside, I took my camera phone and tried to take photos of the object, but I had to remove the fidner to lower the light intensity, because it couldn't be seen in the photos when I took it. I removed the light intensity from the camera and that's how I managed to capture the craft and photograph it. Then I took another photo from inside my vehicle, and that's strange , because nothing electrical worked, yet the cellphone cameraa worked. I don't know how, but its as if they wanted me to take a picture. "I'm up here, take a picture!" is what I'm thinking. Then I took the shot and it kept moving. The streetlights went out as it flew overhead, flying over the parking lot and away...

more info at this link: ufoevidence.org...

It is a very interesting case. In my opinion the photo doesn't have the feel of a hoax. With technology today I could of course be wrong, but the multiple witnesses to this case provide interesting evidence.

What does ATS think?
edit on 1-8-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Not sure what to think, but I am surprised there are no other pics of the event. There are a couple of threads from Karl12 about UFO's in Puerta Rico that may be of interest, including this incident. Seems the area is/has been a hotbed for activity.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I like this pic from one of the threads:

edit on 1-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Disregarding the photos, the witness report was very consistent with previous reported sightings of this UFO. It's probably going to re-appear in that region over the next couple of months, so keep your eyes open for more reports.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm sorry , but the pictures are worthless , because they could be of anything . If you disregard the the testimony of the the photographer , then you are left with nothing but a photograph of a triangular light , with no background reference.
We are all too easily lead these days . Seriously , how many of us would believe the statement without the pictures and how many of us would believe the pictures without the statement ?
Both could be as fake as a foreskin at a jewish wedding .

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Which picture is suppose to be the clear one?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg47

You're totally right. The photos could be of anything.

However, in my opinion, the fact that there are multiple witnesses to the case who appear to be credible casts doubt on the hoax explanation.

This day in age, with so much technology, any photo could be faked. So, the question is not "could this photo be faked?" Because of course, that answer is yes. The question is "is this particular photo faked? Are all witnesses in this case lying?"

you disregard the testimony immediately, though in a court of law, eyewitness testimony can serve as major evidence in criminal cases.

But, I agree with you, it is completely possible the photos are faked. Although, in my opinion that is not likely, considering the testimony of multiple independant witnesses.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

looks like this one, photographed through a telescope in wisconsin:

wisconsinufo.blogspot.de...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Firstly , thank you so much for taking my reply as it was meant . You are one of the few people on ATS who are willing to appreciate both sides of a discussion .
To be completely honest I know nothing of this case and I would be doing my intellect a complete dis-service if was to accept everything at face value .
The photograph is the weak point , which I'm sure you can appreciate . If people doubt the photograph , they will also begin to doubt the testimony , which is a shame , because there indeed were multiple witnesses.

Please don't take this the wrong way , but I have to point out that even though there were multiple witnesses , this does not strengthen the validity of the picture . Do we know for sure how many witnesses have seen the picture ?

edit on 1-8-2012 by tpg47 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join