It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US/West?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Not every Middle East issue thread requires a link

I was reading this day's myriad of News links over on Google and came to the conclusion the US/Western powers are cleaning house after decades of upheaval [Good, Bad or indifference] simply because China is on the rise and they want to make sure this side of the globe is in lock step.....

My tin foil hat may be a bit tight this morning but I request your thoughts?

edit on 31-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yes but is that all it is, why the rush to consolidate, why the urgency behind it?

It seems we are risking war just to finish cleaning up over there, so whats the threat.

The economy maybe, get it while the gettings good?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

IMO, the US in particular has already been catoring to the Chinese. At a glance the US wants the world to believe that we don't want to see a powerful china. Economically, and militarily they are supposed to be 'the bad guys'.

That's all fine and good for appearances sake. I think the reality of the situation with China is far worse ( or better depending on where you stand). I think that the US has already sold out to China. Without making any public announcements about the goings on the US/China relationship is a I talk, you listen deal. Meaning the Chinese have the west by the balls.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Shotgun response

The US/UK/Russia have all the oil [Or most of it ] locked up

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by benrl

Shotgun response

And the Saudis, but BINGO.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I could see china going expansionism to not have to rely on oil from abroad... Irony is funny isn't it...

I've been researching the water supply angle, population growth + finite potable water.

There was that aquifer they found in Libya that Gaddafi was tapping, though its probably a series of reasons, not just one BIG one.

It all comes down to resources and who has them.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

reply to post by benrl

Shotgun response

Bingo.

Oil is the Achilles Heel of China. It's national reserves are weeks long at best. It'd be nothing in a concentrated wartime effort.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I saw that and have been paying attention...

After the war the Iraqi's just handed China the rights to one of their largest unmolested oilfields, meanwhile rightly or wrongly Iraq is considered a US puppet State

Hmmmmm....

Concerning the National Debt owed, I wonder
edit on 31-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

You are also correct. China has a stranglehold on some raw minerals and precious metals that the US wants desperately. They have the mines and the refineries, too.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Hell yeah, dude. Debt owed.... Rediculous ammounts.

Here have an unspoiled oil field.

Makes sense to me, slay.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Nothing is more scary that Imperial China.

They've been bidding their time for a VERY long while and very shortly we'll see them start to get involved in certain international affairs that they usually would not.

Iran for example is one and perhaps some of the other Asian type conflicts.

I think the increase in military intervention in ME countries and Africa is jsut the United States trying to impose it's control and set up shop as quickly as possible before China starts offering to build bases in those nations in return for resources that it has a lot of and not many other nations do.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

There is a documentary movie.... Damn, I'm forgetting the title right now.

Anyway, the documentary is all about war profiteering in the middle east. Before US soldiers set one foot inside Iraq, businesses like Enron, McDonald's, Starbucks, and other major global corporations based in the states were already picking pieces of real estate. The same thing could be said of Afghanistan, but the success rate was far far less in that country.

Iraq today is the wild, wild west all over again. The military doesn't run very many ops any more, aside from maintaining bases. Now it's a Contractors wet dream.
edit on 31-7-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

IMO those were to set up centralized banking in those nations for the continued support of the Globalist Scum Bag IMF among other institutions.

Bu yes, now that the dust has settled the contractors and other private investment groups can bleed the people of those nations for all they have.

It's pathetic really. And I bet you that if China begins doing the same, they will offer a FAR better deal to the people of those nations than the US and it's allies offered the goverments.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I agree, and I also think that may be a root for all of this.

Think of the list of countries without a central bank.... Most of them exist in the ME. Globalists have no interest in former soviet states.

How about Iran? The don't have a centralized bank, either.... Makes a man wonder why the west is hell bent on regime change in the region.... The all mighty dollar reigns supreme.

ETA. This illustrates my point.

Sudan
Libya
Cuba
Nort Korea
Iran

Forget Cuba. It's all about the middle east.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Goood bto see othbersinteested in the sane btioic :[ up]

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Appertnly IK have some approprioately time mallwarwe

I guess I hit the mark!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well I agree that resources are a big part of this, oil vs are metals. The west has oil for sure but China has the lock on the metals. Afghanistan has a rather large supply of some of those metals and if I recall China got the mining rights to them. If people thought the US exploitation of other countries was bad I can't wait to hear how everyone will like how China does it. They will be able to decimate countries without going to war, just hire locals to mine and refine said minerals, then between the work environment killing people and the side affects of the refinement. Lets just say who needs to go to war? What will be interesting to see is when Russia and China start competing over resources.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Goood bto see othbersinteested in the sane btioic :[ up]

I guess THEY don't want us discussing this.

Good luck with the infection, though. That sucks.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It comes down to the imminent failure / collapse of the US economy. At present the only way to maintain the economy is through warfare and the associated production of war materials.

Prior to Iraq the US had little oil of there own. A decade of stealing Iraqi oil and sending it to the US to be pumped into the ground and now the US has a surplus. Yet so many believe the BS that they discovered new oil fields in their own back yard.

Failure of the petro dollar is the failure of the US economy. You can only print money if the rest of the world lets you. It will all come crashing down sooner rather than later.

China's only expansionist policies is that of economic strength. She shifted into this approach when she started to control her population growth, which is now stable, a full decade ahead of her own expectations.

Buying from non US-aligned states makes perfect sense to prevent a future stranglehold. China learns from past events and does not want to see a repeat of the oil embargo that lit the fuse for the Pacific theater of WW2.

P

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yesterday 0, today after/during posting 57 instances.... range anyyhoo clean now

top topics

<<   2 >>

join