It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hikers in Verdugos found body believed to be missing FBI agent

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSGrunt

If it was suicide then a bullet would be missing from the gun and a hole would be found somewhere!

Or he drowned himself
hung himself
stabbed himself
etc

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Assuming conspiracy theories are correct and he really didn't kill himself but was "put to ground" I would still be interested in learning the acceptable number of agents for such a job. 100 agents could be a lot, the norm, or not much at all. If anyone knows these figures at all it would make an interesting read.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
Yup, that's the way I feel after reading the above posts. I mean, really hundereds of FBI agents couldn't find this guy basically in his own back yard? Please. Too many questions. I still believe he knew something and this was his thanks for finding it. Be interesting to find a map and see just how close to home he really was.

He went missing from the 1700 block of Scott Rd, in Burbank, and was found as far as we can tell, near the 3600 block of Scott Rd.

Under two miles away from his home.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Ivens allegedly left a note at home before leaving. I didn't hear about that before. Of course there has to be a letter to go along with his disappearance.

It was a gratitude letter, Thea Ivens said, “telling me that our child and I are the greatest gift that God has given him. It was a message for Kyle to be honest, gracious and humble and that if you are that, you can sleep at night.” She added that she felt “undertones” that her husband “would be gone for a while, but he didn’t exactly say goodbye — he didn’t say that.”

Since February, Thea Ivens said her husband had not been able to sleep and in April, began experiencing anxiety attacks.

She said the attacks had nothing to with his work, although she acknowledged that there were “some incidents at the workplace.”

When asked if she could think of a reason why Ivens would leave her and her young son, Thea Ivens said, “No, none. He’s not leaving. I know he loves his child, our child.”
Source

I also didn't hear about incidents at the workplace, either. The words used in the letter are interesting, considering he started having trouble sleeping at night before disappearing.

During his disappearance, his wife, Thea, kept a blog updated almost daily. On one page I recall reading that she did admit he was depressed, but insisted he wasn't crazy, bi-polar, or schizophrenic.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

I think by incidents at the workplace she simply meant that a couple of his panic attacks happened at work, not that there was drama going on at work or anything.

I'll agree the whole thing just seems odd. Walk a few miles from home and off yourself, behind a church no less. Maybe the church thing is significant? Is this an operational church? Perhaps he walked to the church while in a state of distress to talk to a pastor or something, then either the church was closed so he went out back and shot himself, or the pastor wasn't much help so he went out back and shot himself. Any word on if he was a religious man or not?

Either way, if he did kill himself, I'd be almost 100% sure he shot himself. He had a gun, why would he slit his wrists, or anything like that? You can rule out hanging or drowning, he wasn't hanging behind a church, and the tides don't come all the way inland to where the church was. He either took something (poison, other pills, etc) or shot himself. If he shot himself (really the quickest most painless way to go) why wouldn't someone have heard the shots and reported it? The area isn't exactly remote.

And if the church is still operational nobody in all this time even went into the backyard? Didn't smell or see anything?

Honestly it seems like he was dumped there. By who and for what reason I have no idea, but I just get that feeling.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Where is a psychic detective when you need one? It is not a question of how he got there -- he was hiding waiting to run back home -- but why he ran. It appers he was working undercover, had authentic taboo merchandise, encountered something he could not report, and ran. And a hundred agents are following?

One theory is that he found photos or items which suggested agents were involved in abuse. Perhaps they were working to cover up a scandal of a certain political figure. Maybe he was entrapped participating in something illegal, with photographic evidence from a different agency.

It could be as simple as getting cornered for a lie detector test. Or as complicated as he's hiding something in a body cavity and was a double agent. Maybe he's faking a death?

He could have caught them doing something bad to one of their suspects. Planting evidence, removing evidence, injuring someone. He could have been drugged by a coworker, and was tripping. Maybe they were planning to cover it up as an exercise, him playing a runaway, and then the tables got turned on him.

It sounds weird but one theory is it involved a gigantic quantity of coc aine. Not sure why, but weird stuff happens when there is coc aine involved. And this is Burbank; in case you haven't noticed, Hollywood is right next door, actors are still predictably on drugs and I haven't read about big drug busts there recently. Is the greater good to let these folks get high as long as they bring in millions of bucks? You hear often officers not pressing charges for the greater good; you ever hear of agents not pressing charges on a large volume of a controlled substance? Well it is their greater good, not yours. It's only a theory; I'm not saying or implying that this is happening with this agency or bureau. This theory could be put on any number of law enforcement agencies.

I imagine after running through the hills, sweating out, not finding a way to get back home, he took a weapon and put it under his chin. Was it a .45? And I keep thinking that this man buried a small hole and put something valuable in it before dying, maybe jewelry, like a watch. Doesn't make sense, unless that watch was for espionage. Could be. Ever heard of a crooked agent? But the sex charges are so bogus.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

Originally posted by Chance321
Yup, that's the way I feel after reading the above posts. I mean, really hundereds of FBI agents couldn't find this guy basically in his own back yard? Please. Too many questions. I still believe he knew something and this was his thanks for finding it. Be interesting to find a map and see just how close to home he really was.

He went missing from the 1700 block of Scott Rd, in Burbank, and was found as far as we can tell, near the 3600 block of Scott Rd.

Under two miles away from his home.

Thanks. Pretty close to home for all these trained FBI agents to not find him this close to home? I claim BS.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
It is not a question of how he got there -- he was hiding waiting to run back home -- but why he ran.

I think it very much IS a question of how he got there.

If there were other people involved, there is a very real possibility he was dumped there. The fact that there were over 100 FBI agents looking for this guy, and supposedly he was only two miles from home the entire time, and in a well populated area, leads me to believe he wasn't behind the church this whole time.

He could have been killed somewhere else, or held somewhere else alive for awhile, and then finally killed or dumped behind the church recently.

Of the 100 agents looking for this guy, I refuse to believe all, or even a majority of them would have been "in" on whatever is possibly going on. Which means they would have actually been looking for him, putting up an honest effort to locate the man. With that many people looking for him, knowing his point of origin, they SHOULD have found him behind the church very quickly, simply doing a block by block check. With 10 people I'd say it's not odd he wasn't found. With 100+ FBI agents tracking him down, I find it highly suspicious he wasn't found in the initial search.

That is assuming he actually WAS behind the church the whole time. Which I honestly doubt. I'm still going with dumped there.

The rest of your post doesn't really make any sense to me so I'll just leave it at that.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I just had to go back and reread both news stories and noticed something that didn't register, and that's the first quote from the la times.

"consistent with the physical description"

So actually it could be anybody put there to misdirect? I mean how do we know it's really him? Their word?
I just find it too hard to believe that these highly trained agents couldn't find one of their own that close to home. If that was their tracking skills then were in trouble.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join