It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what if he was?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Nobody here, knows why or how we are here.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Maybe the universe is a machine and we are the waste. We decompose in a matter of years, go back into the world or universe to once again feed the machine of life.
Maybe, just maybe.

HaHa

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   
That is actually a very perceptive reasoning. As everything has a reason and moves in a cycle, perhaps we only know enough for us to do our part.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Read the New Testament. There is your proof of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Thomas, you are all talk or so it seems.

I don't see any proof of this.

Show me a verse, just ONE and I will be satisfied (even if there was only ONE verse, it would not explain every single christian WORSHIPPING trinity).

I will refute it with ease.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lurker
Genesis 26

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness and let them rule..."

Who do you think he was talking to?
The "us" are the holy trinity, Father son and spirit.

Thats just one.

Nevertheless, this is one of the POOREST excuses regarding Trinity I have ever seen. You're basically saying you are believing in this God-In-3 thing because of a verse that says "we" instead of "I"?

You are wrong. Your claims are about to be refuted.

(taken from www.jewsforjudaism.org):

Question : God said: "Let us make man in our image . . ." (Genesis 1:26) and "Come, let us go down, and there confound their language" (Genesis 11:7). To whom does the "us" refer?

Answer: Trinitarian Christians maintain that Genesis 1:26 and Genesis 11:7 are prooftexts of an alleged tri-unity god, but this claim is erroneous. The inference that "Let us make man in our image" (Genesis 1:26) refers to the plurality of God is refuted by the subsequent verse, which relates the creation of man to a singular God,

"And God created man in His image" (Genesis 1:27).

In this verse the Hebrew verb "created" appears in the singular form. If "let us make man" indicates a numerical plurality, it would be followed in the next verse by, "And they created man in their image." Obviously, the plural form is used in the same way as in the divine appellation 'Elohim, to indicate the all-inclusiveness of God's attributes of authority and power, the plurality of majesty. It is customary for one in authority to speak of himself as if he were a plurality. Hence, Absalom said to Ahithophel, "Give your counsel what we shall do" (2 Samuel 16:20). The context shows that he was seeking advice for himself' yet he refers to himself as "we" (see also Ezra 4:16-19).

Shall I add, that in the Islamic Book, the Qur'an, there are several verses talking in a "we" and "us" manner, although the supposed "one-ness" of God is enforced in every other Chapter.

Where is this "Holy Trinity" everyone talks about? Show it to me, please.

love,
max

[Edited on 28-4-2003 by Solomon Tulbure]

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lurker
Thats just one.

I refuted it above.

Refute my refutal or go to number two please. (if there is a number two)

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Religion is based on faith and faith alone. You cannot prove that there is a God, but then again, you cannot disprove that there is a God. It's a paradox.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
You have refuted nothing, oh passer of other people's ideas and concepts. You have merely used someone else's opinion as your fact. You easily refuted nothing. Nadda. Zip-zilch.

Read the New Testament. Go ahead, pick it up, scan your beady little eyes over it, maybe you'll pick up some information. I doubt it as your head is probably as hard as your heart.

You read it, and then you tell us why you believe it isn't clear that there is a distinct difference between the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. You tell me this from somebody looking from the outside to the inside, and doing it without the guidance of the Holy Spirit, without Whom the Book is a mystery, anyway.

Interesting, FM, you seem to work your self to death trying to deny something that others believe, that you have the choice to believe or not, and after that should not effect you.
It would seem you have serious issues.

Please, pull up a couch and lie down. We'll see what we can do to help you get over this phobia of yours.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   

You have refuted nothing, oh passer of other people's ideas and concepts. You have merely used someone else's opinion as your fact. You easily refuted nothing. Nadda. Zip-zilch.

Read the New Testament. Go ahead, pick it up, scan your beady little eyes over it, maybe you'll pick up some information. I doubt it as your head is probably as hard as your heart.

You read it, and then you tell us why you believe it isn't clear that there is a distinct difference between the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. You tell me this from somebody looking from the outside to the inside, and doing it without the guidance of the Holy Spirit, without Whom the Book is a mystery, anyway.

Interesting, FM, you seem to work your self to death trying to deny something that others believe, that you have the choice to believe or not, and after that should not effect you.
It would seem you have serious issues.

Please, pull up a couch and lie down. We'll see what we can do to help you get over this phobia of yours.

First, I have no idea why you keep calling me FM.

Now...

Read my refutal, you seem to have a learning disability.

I refuted the genesis verse TO THE LATTER.

I again (3rd time), challenge you to find a verse teaching the holy trinity. Or even TALKING about a God in 3 Persons as the "Holy Trinity". Maybe you should do that instead of trying to insult and flame me. I have never tried to insult one person on this board directly as you have me.

You seem to be all talk and insult, but no reason and logic.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
Religion is based on faith and faith alone. You cannot prove that there is a God, but then again, you cannot disprove that there is a God. It's a paradox.

You cannot prove that there is a Mint-Green 3 legged Unicorn inside the moon watching and observing the earth through x-ray vision.

You cannot disprove that there is a Mint-Green 3 legged Unicorn inside the moon watching and observing the earth through x-ray vision.

It's a paradox.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You have no logic or reason, you have no understanding of that which you hate so badly that you must run around trying to refute, and through your ignorance of the topic, you only look childish. I taunt you and take you as seriously as a little child because that is how I see you, a little child that has gained access to Daddy's computer. You call yourself Mr. Guru and come here to enlighten us all on that which you understand little. You can't refute the Trinity as you understand neither of them, or all of them. To argue with you would be like arguing with an idiot, once removed. I say once removed because you only tout that which you've stolen from other authors.

Why do you come to this board. Have you had no luck at other sites?

Why do I call you FM? The same reason I'll call the next idiot MIST.

Flame? You think I'm flaming you, pal? Trust me, I'm not flaming you. The lighter is still in the pocket. You'll know when I have lost the patience. Doubt it'll get that far, though.

tick-tick-tick-...........

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   

You have no logic or reason, you have no understanding of that which you hate so badly that you must run around trying to refute, and through your ignorance of the topic, you only look childish. I taunt you and take you as seriously as a little child because that is how I see you, a little child that has gained access to Daddy's computer. You call yourself Mr. Guru and come here to enlighten us all on that which you understand little. You can't refute the Trinity as you understand neither of them, or all of them. To argue with you would be like arguing with an idiot, once removed. I say once removed because you only tout that which you've stolen from other authors.

Why do you come to this board. Have you had no luck at other sites?

Why do I call you FM? The same reason I'll call the next idiot MIST.

Flame? You think I'm flaming you, pal? Trust me, I'm not flaming you. The lighter is still in the pocket. You'll know when I have lost the patience. Doubt it'll get that far, though.

tick-tick-tick-...........

Rolling On Floor Laughing

!

I was right...... you are a joke.

BTW, I already refuted "The Holy Trinity".

And for your information, your "holy bible" refutes Trinity.

may your eyes be opened
max

ps: you are not a bad joke

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Solomon:

I notice that you are running to subjects that you feel you have more ability to refute people on.

Why not answer some concrete questions on more verifiable subjects, as I have already posted?

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
hey muffin man...whats up with the god question...do you beleive in him? are you strugling with faith?

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
wow..this topic got off track fast...it started off as what if god was one of us...and is now does god even exsist?...and as for the reply that if you cannot prove god doesnt exsist then he does exsist, theres nothing to prove either arguement completely...and honestly in my opinion is a waste of breath...we've all basically heard the same arguements from eachother...but anyways, if god is proven to not exsist, does that mean this country was founded all in vain? what will hapen to all our morals, i think its better to have some kind of moral basis, wether its a whole bunch of b-s or not, lets face it, our morals in this country arent even that great, imagine what they would be like with out them....life is jsut a journey, to where? no one really knows...but lets not try and define it, just live it and go with the flow...

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
If God was one of us it would probably look like this...............

Me> *Sitting at couch watching TV*
God> *Walks in with a six Pack* Yo yooo, God in the house.
Me> Kickin...Wheres jesus?
God>*pops open a beer* Car trouble, wrapped around a tree; Shiva got hammered and played "Peek-a-bu" with Jesus while he was driving.
Me> That sucks....well...lets watch some Tv Bro.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
For know this,''''predicted Saint Paul ,

'''That in the last day's perilous times will come :
For men will be lovers of themselves,lovers of money,boasters,proud,blasphemers,

disobediant to parents,unthankful,unholy,unloving,
unforgiving,slanderers,without
self-control
brutal
,despising of good ,traitors,headstrong,haughty,
lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God
,having a form of godliness but denying it's power''''
( 2 Timothy 3 : 1- 5 )

''''Scoffers will come in the last day's,walking according to their own lusts,'''wrote Saint Peter (2Peter 3: 3 )

Saint Jude described the same thing: ''''The Apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ........told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts.
These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, nor having the ''Spirit'''' (Jude 17-19 )

Having lost the ability to discern right from wrong,many have turned,''''as a dog returns to his own vomit'''(Proverbs 26: 11 )............

''''For the time will come,'''Saint Paul foresaw,
'''''When they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires,because they have itching ears,they will heap up for themselves teachers;and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables ''''''
(2 Timothy 4 : 3 , 4 )

''''''Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons''''(1 Timothy 4 : 1 )

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Just a slob like one of us?

Just a stranger on the bus?

Guess we'll see soon...check out a new movie coming up...Bruce Almighty...

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomon Tulbure
You cannot prove that there is a Mint-Green 3 legged Unicorn inside the moon watching and observing the earth through x-ray vision.

You cannot disprove that there is a Mint-Green 3 legged Unicorn inside the moon watching and observing the earth through x-ray vision.

It's a paradox.

Quit it, your makin' me sound ridiculous. I'm saying that it's based off faith, nothing more. It could be the most ridiculous thing(a mint-green 3 legged unicorn) but you can't disprove it.(I personally don't believe it, but that doesn't make it untrue)

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Solomon said:

"The US Constitution was written by Atheists, Freethinkers and Deists, all of whom were members of the Illuminati Order; an organization of moral and civilized men and women."

Did you say MORAL and CIVILIZED!? I don't call allowing brutal slavery and genocide of the original man on the American continent moral or civilized.

Aren't atheists not allowed to join the Freemasons?

They were definitely Illuminati. The Constitution was never meant to be fully followed. They meant to trick us into thinking that it was from the very beginning.

ONE

[Edited on 5-9-2003 by BuddhaCession]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join