It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what if he was?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I mean this in a compleatly serous tone.....What if God was one of us?

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Jesus was one of us.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Jesus wasn't GOD the creator of the Universe. a small part of God ios reflected in everything you see. The grandness of mountians, the warmth of the sun and the vastness of the sky heavens what ever you want to call that abyss out there

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
okay pop quiz abstract...

what does it benefit mankind/humanity to have God come down and be with us in human flesh (Jesus)? I know you dont believe in that but i Just want to see what you would say if you were positioned with that question. You seem to be open enough to sincerely answer it.

and conversely what does it benefit mankind/humanity to not have God come down and be with us in human flesh?

[Edited on 26-4-2003 by krossfyter]

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Kross, the world would benefit grately if God in the flesh would come down to us and see us suffering and dying.

This earth is not worthy of God, that's why God sends down prophets. God even said it in the Bible that he regretted making this earth. We are not worthy of his presence here on earth.

And He would also contradict everything he brought down to the Hebrew Israelites, saying that He is the One and ONLY God... no three persons.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
POP QUIZ INTERCEPTION!!

okay you see it as if this earth is not worthy of Gods presence thats why to you he doesn't come down in flesh.
I see it as we are made worthy to God through Jesus (God incarnate). Certainly if Jesus (God in flesh) was never a part of the plan... we would NEVER be made worthy enough. Because we cant do it on our own of course... thats why this whole Jesus thing was so essential in this plan.

well we both know where we separate in our belief in God. Its a MAJOR distinction and this Jesus thing is only half of it I assume.

Also I don't believe GOd is three different persons.... I believe there is 3 essences of ONE God... Much like past, presence and future are three distinct parts of time but time none the less or my uncle is an uncle to me, brother to his brother and son to his parents etc. but still the same person. Im just spitting out analogies so you can better understand this. Just because you never heard of these before doesn't negate the analogy... or conversely just because its an analogy doesn't make the stated idea any more true or false... its just for your understanding only regardless if you believe it or not.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter
god in human flesh(jesus)

Before I start refuting the existence of God to you I need to remind you that there is more evidence in your "holy bible" that Jesus was not God, than there is him being God. Therefore, your statement of Jesus being God in human flesh is false.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Translation: "I have not a clue about your belief and do not even know what I do not know, but my seething hatred for you God causes me to attack Him and your silly little beliefs."

Now go ahead, Sol, treat us to your very original and enlightening distortions, just like we've never heard them a thousand times.

Are you really the legend in your own mind that you wish you were in ours?

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Imo Jesus died in vain. Even if his death on a Roman torture device was benifitial in some spiritual sence, it was all in Vain. For His message is distorted and even lost in most cases. That even strengthens the arguement that we are not worthy, as we can't even settle petty differences. Its up to us and us alone, the people of this earth will continue to be blind. They can't help it, its how they adapted to their enviorments. Religion is a bad word. Or, it has become a bad word.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lurker
Imo Jesus died in vain. Even if his death on a Roman torture device was benifitial in some spiritual sence, it was all in Vain. For His message is distorted and even lost in most cases. That even strengthens the arguement that we are not worthy, as we can't even settle petty differences. Its up to us and us alone, the people of this earth will continue to be blind. They can't help it, its how they adapted to their enviorments. Religion is a bad word. Or, it has become a bad word.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomon Tulbure

Originally posted by krossfyter
god in human flesh(jesus)

Before I start refuting the existence of God to you I need to remind you that there is more evidence in your "holy bible" that Jesus was not God, than there is him being God. Therefore, your statement of Jesus being God in human flesh is false.

then, explain what these words from ''''OUR BIBLE''' mean???

Therefore the LORD Himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a Son, and shall call His Name Immanuel" (Isaiah 7:14).

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God... 3 All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made... 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the Only Begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth" (John 1:1, 3, 14).

"And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule My people Israel" (Matthew 2:6).

"But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall He come forth unto Me that is to be Ruler in Israel; Whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting" (Micah 5:2).

And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a Son, and shalt call His Name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the LORD God shall give unto Him the throne of His father David" (Luke 1:30-32).

"And He shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of His Kingdom there shall be no end. 34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the Power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that Holy Thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God" (Luke 1:33-35).

"But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the Law" (Galatians 4:4).

"Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God" (1 John 4:2).

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
i'll make it easier..........
Explain this.................

In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God...
All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made...
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the Only Begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth" (John 1:1, 3, 14)

What does this verse mean in '''Your Bible'''???

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
ok, you seem to know your scriture, can you explain "Nephlim" to me? I sometimes wonder if one is near me.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
What if..what if... what if??
The question really is...What's the point? We are ALL part of God-yes! Are we God? NO! It's that simple. None of US are God, we do not worship eachother as we do God...we do not pray to eachother as we do God.
And if we did...Well wouldn't it be a sin? Where as it's NOT a sin to worship God
Magestica

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Only the fool tries to refute God, just as the fool tries to define God.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

then, explain what these words from ''''OUR BIBLE''' mean???

I said that there is more evidence about him NOT being God, nor did he ever CLAIM to be God.

The following is taken from an Islamic page (www.thereligioustruth.com...):

Jesus Christ (pbuh) was the son of God, and God at the same time. The bible says that his words were "I and the Father are One.".

According to the Bible, Jesus (pbuh) did say that. But let us look at the other things he said about him being God.

"'Why do you call me good?' Jesus answered. 'No one is good except God alone.'" - Mark 10:18

"So Jesus said, 'When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.'" - John 8:28

"The father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form." - John 5:37

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord', shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he only he who does the will of My Father in heaven." - Matthew 7:21

"For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me." - John 6:38

"I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him." - John 13:16

"Jesus said to them, 'Only in his hometown and in his own house is a prophet without honor.'" - Matthew 13:57

"Jesus answered, 'My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me.'" - John 7:16

"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." - John 14:28

This is what I was simply pointing out, obviously you did not understand me at all. There is more supporting him being separate from GOD than him being GOD.

As for Islam, Muslims, and www.thereligioustruth.com... , I have tried debating with the webmaster of that site over Internet Chat Relay (irc), but his eyes are shut, as are those of many in this discussion forum as well, who are religious. Or should I say, all religious people.

I challenge every Muslim to read my book "President GW Bush is a Moron: Islam is NOT Peace.", and Helen, since you seem to be a hard-core Christianity follower, I challenge you to read my book "Christianity Exposed".

You can get them at www.amazon.com too.

goodbye
max

[Edited on 28-4-2003 by Solomon Tulbure]

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   
As an addon, there is nothing whatsoever that teaches TRINITY in the bible.

Post me ANY verse that "supports" it and I will refute it reasonably.

thanks again,
max

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
*snore* whu...did you say something?

Read the New Testament. There is your proof of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Clear as a bell, unless you're willing to declare God as shizophrenic.

Oh yes, there is no God, right?

If there is no God, why do you feel the need to work so hard at disproving him?

That answer is obvious. You are haunted by Him. You rejected the Son of God so many times that the Holy Spirit no longer knocks at your heart, and that heart is no hardened.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Genesis 26

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness and let them rule..."

Who do you think he was talking to?
The "us" are the holy trinity, Father son and spirit.

Thats just one.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
If somebody in this planet can prove god does not exist. I will be truely impressed. Just remember this, If God cannot be proven not to exist, then he exists. For it is the foundation which society is founded upon.

That which cannot be proven to be false their by can be proven to be true. For their is no evidence that it is false.- Basics of Science

God is the same way in a scientific point of view

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join