It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A relic from Atlantis?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

This is where the story takes an ever weirder turn. Even though he was inside a pyramid and was underwater at least more than 100 feet, Brown claims that he was able to see (he had no flashlight or other light source so it should have been pitch black) clearly but was not sure exactly how he was able to do it. What Brown seen inside was the most amazing thing though. In the center of the room was a carved stone pedestal that two burnt looking bronze hands were holding a 3 and a half inch crystal sphere. Directly on top of this was a brass looking rod which had a red gem at the end of it. This rod and gem were approximately 4 feet in distance from where the hands were holding the crystal sphere. Brown tried at first to dislodge the rod and gem but neither would budge. The only item he was able to grab was the small crystal sphere (the Atlantean Orb) that he said was easily pulled from the the two bronze hands. He immediately returned to the surface, rejoining his team and showed them his find. Not one of the other divers witnessed the pyramid and to this date, no one has been able to find the sunken city or the pyramid again even though Brown knows and has told the exact coordinates to others.

source

Has this tale ever been debunked? How does it figure into the equation now that Atlantis has been found, according to claims?

If this underwater temple actually exists, what civilization could it be? According to recent finds it wasn't Atlantis.

Then, Dr. Brown disappeared off the scene. He died in the early 1990s, and the story of the crystal was mentioned by some, but largely was just “one of those stories”, with no proof, as the fate of the crystal sphere was unknown.
But then some years ago, the crystal – today dubbed by some “The Atlantis Orb” – resurfaced, in the hands of Arthur Fanning, a resident of Sedona (Arizona), who refers to the object as the “Eye of God”.

source

I find it odd that it resurfaced even after this guy died. Maybe his relatives sold it.
edit on 30-7-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

good find i

always l;ike a storys of acient artifacts, wonder if he will let others see it?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

According to the article he rarely lets anyone see it. Claiming it has mystical powers. Part of me says, yeah right. The other part wants to know more.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Here's a video of it and it does seem to be interesting.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Delete... (doing more research)
edit on 30-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I can't really say much about his story of finding it. Seems to me like anything at the bottom of the ocean could be covered up pretty quickly. I'll give him that one, and remain curious at the possiblity of temples in the area.

The mystical powers though, I'm not buying that. If you stare at one of those 3d paintings and cross your eyes, you would swear they have mystical powers, but they don't. I'm going to call that part, the power of suggestion gone wild.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Absolute crap. Seriously, who would believe that fairy tale. A pyramid that no-one else has found in 40 years, a pyramid that was most covered, but had an opening and that opening just happened to lead to this room where the glass sphere was, that was easily removed, but had survived an Atlantean cataclysm and thousands of years under the sea. C'mon son.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Logman

They have found a number of ancient structures in that area. Things they think are ancient structures anyways.

Remember, you were probably calling Atlantis absolute crap, until they found it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I love these stories and I hate them too. I hate that so many can be debunked and that we tend to just brush off even the most interesting ones as fake because well...most of them are.

But, I do love a good Sherlock mystery and am appreciating the links provided by the OP and another poster. I plan on reading further and wish the guy had "pics or it didn't happen" from when he himself originally found the "Atlantean Orb". It would have made it somewhat more buyable IMO.

I always think that if these things people "find" had such spiritual power, why do they hide them? Why not bring them forth and see if it will help the suffering in the world...unless of course, they already know why. Anyway, another good story to sift through regardless of validity IMO. It would be nice if there were more to it though. I've no doubt, that one day we will all hear a story we will jump in and try to debunk...only to find that we have found the real thing (aliens, Atlanteans, Spirits, pick yer poison
).

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
His story reeks of being a hoax.

Why not allow reputable scientists to study the object? Because they'll report back it's just glass.

This guy (a real diver) picks apart Brown's tale;
Dr. Ray Brown’s “Atlantean” Crystal: What Is The Full Story?

As a diver I also see problems with Brown’s account. In one telling of the story Brown said that they had to hang on to mangroves during the storm. Does that mean they held on with their hands as they dove or did they tie the boat onto mangroves? Mangroves are always in shallow water and near islands. Because mangroves can punch holes in a boat, I find that another suspect part of the story. In addition, in the Berlitz interview, Brown related that he dove to a depth of 135-feet. That is deep. It means that when using one air tank he would be in the water no more than 30 minutes or so in total. (On the “In Search Of” recreation Brown made for the show he used one air tank.) And he would have to have spent at least 5 minutes going to the bottom and approximately 20+ minutes in his ascent. He could have spent no more than 5 minutes on the bottom. From his accounts of the dive, it seems he was on the bottom longer than 5 minutes to do what he stated he did. Not impossible, but improbable. Divers using mixed gasses (which was not available in 1970) or multiple tanks can dive to 135 feet and more, but a long decompression period is required when using multiple compressed air tanks.

The tale came from the late 60's early 70's which were rife with hoaxes (well, more rife than usual). That's the era that spawned Von Daniken, Sitchen, etc.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I remember this being on the old show In Search Of...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

I remember this story from "In Search of" with Leonard Nimoy back before the interwebs when Dinosaurs still roamed the Earth. There is a thread from quite a few years back and somebody posted a search for the people involved in the story and they came up with ZIP.

Still an interesting read though.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

see above

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

You know what they say about sick minds thinking alike. That's the second time in as many weeks you've done that

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

We're just cool like that, Brother from another Mother

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I deleted my first comment because something rung very familiar about this story right after posting it. In Search Of. As everyone else found... My parents loved that show and I swear I picked it up by osmosis at that age or something. lol...

Anyway, I went back and watched it with little better to do tonight and I'm not sure quite how to take the story, It's a great thread as a thought provoker though! On one hand, I have a real obvious question. What diver, while separated and completely alone, swims into an underwater structure without a flashlight? Internal light which can't be identified from outside and known to be reliable shouldn't change anything about the insanity of that situation. Did he have a death wish mixed with all that endless curiosity?

On the other hand and more seriously, people have been seeing unexplained things in those waters since Columbus sailed the Ocean blue if not before. Whatever the explanation, it's as possible as anything for the source of all that to be underwater and in lost structures. Who knows? The fact they've found enough to indicate civilization down there at some level very long ago seems pretty clear. The submerged roads do look like roads to me, for instance..

It appears he did live a life just as paranoid as I'd think he would and then he disappeared and died.

Well, the man who built the Coral Castle was allowed his little secret too. As I got to thinking, it wasn't until he died...like 30 seconds after..lol, that Government came and took every last scrap of anything he had for the way it was constructed.

I missed any real proof that the crystal offered today really is what he claims to have found before he died in the 90's.
So.. It could be.

edit on 30-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Mainstream archeology seems to have abandoned the idea altogether. They have managed to debunk almost everything down there, but an air of curiousity still remains. Many reports of underwater structures, disapearances, and such. I'm curious to know what goes on in the ocean when a hurricane goes through. It would make sense that a passing hurricane could be responsible for the covering and uncovering of underwater structures. Sort of like an underwater Valley of the Kings.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I am no expert, but i do know a thing or two about crystal and glass (restaurant business). That looks like crystal, not glass. Glass has bubbles and waves, unless it is quite expensive. Crystal, even cheaper crystal, looks better than expensive glass.

If you have ever drank wine from a libby glass, then held a churchill, or mikasa, you would absolutely see the difference.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchysAngel

Remember, you were probably calling Atlantis absolute crap, until they found it.

Wait
What???
Someone found Atlantis?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It's very interesting video and I think its just a matter of time before we have proof that a very highly evolved civilization was here before. They are finding out so much stuff already that makes it hard to deny it didn't exist.peace,sugarcookie1

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join