It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins Maine

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

No, he isn't. But he is a lot better than MR or OB, and still viable and a legitimate vote.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

And what "guys"?

Last I checked, I am the only one you are debating with at this point.

And the only problem I have is your writing in a non-candidate, which will ensure your vote goes nowhere.

Yet I am pissing in my own face?

Right

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by johnnysixguns

Ron Paul did run for the ticket...last time...and just like it will be for G.Johnson..it got him/and will get him nowhere.

Its not chest thumping. Its obeying your principals(if you even have them to begin with).

And I will agree with you to the point of not every candidate is going to be everything I want, Ron Paul isnt "Everything" I want..but he is the closest thing. Gary Johnson believes in things I dont that I seriously have problems with. One being that he has loose immigration views, I dont. And for being in a city which I am, it has a major effect on our local economy.
he doesnt preach the same things Paul does eventhough hes a libertarian. Johnson swings to the left, and Paul swings to the right cause hes a fiscal conservative.

A vote for Johnson is the same as a write in for Paul.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

It wouldn't get him nowhere if RP supporters now formed some sort of cohesion towards backing another candidate. But none of you had that in mind, it seems, so now you're scattered and have no clue, and thus are throwing away your vote.

No matter how you want to cut it, you are saying your vote doesn't matter. So if it doesn't matter, then atleast vote legitimately, instead of pissing it away. If the RP supporters came together for another candidate, and RP backed him (instead of Romney, which he likely will), then it really could make a difference. But like I said, you are now scattered and pissing into the wind.

I have a hard time taking someone seriously who holds your stance, furthered by the fact that you asked me who you should vote for in lieu of RP, and THEN tell me that "thats my problem, telling you who to vote for".

Realistically, you are just beating your chest, letting the chips fall where they may and denouncing any responsibility, only so you can say that when MR or OB are in office, "I told you so".

Its childish.

And no.. a vote for Johnson is not the same as a vote for RP. Simply because of the fact that GJ votes will be legitimate, reflected in the polls, AND have the possibility to make a VALID statement. Not a non-vote RP which noone will ever know about except you.
edit on 31-7-2012 by johnnysixguns because: And with this, I am going to bed. Hone your argument, and I will pick it back up tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I asked you who had my best interests at heart..not "who should I vote for?" as you stated.

Gary johnson doesnt. Even if all the Ron Paul supporters came together and back johnson for a "FU mitt and barrak"fest...it still wouldnt be enough.

You still have yet to realize that those two parties OWN the political arena.

...you have the mentality I did 4 years ago.

And trust me- its not chest thumping as you keep trying to call it. I have repeated that several times but you seem to only know what you want to know.

Dont be one of those people who said "that"...then once your new guy gets in there you start saying "this".

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

You named one point where GJ didn't have your back. I can name more than 4 where RP didn't have mine. But he was still my primary candidate because of the fact he encompassed the most of what I wanted as a whole.

You want to start change? Well, it doesn't happen in one fell swoop, all at once.

And yes, I believe you are chest-thumping. You say you're not? Fine. We can agree to disagree. As we have this whole debate.

But you still know you're making a stillborn statement by writing in a candidate, for a vote that won't be reflected anywhere. Is GJ ideal for you? Maybe not. He wasn't the most for me either. But I won't be pissing away my vote this fall, and will be able to see who agreed with me on him.

What I won't be seeing is a percentage for my primary candidate, because his supporters have been split up across all the other candidates, or are not counted at all.

I won't be someone saying 'this' or 'that'. I have my beliefs, and they haven't changed in an election for quite some time. If anything, you are who I was 8 years ago, not casting a vote for anyone because I wanted to make a statement. The only difference is I know that is a childish way to do it now, and won't be continuing it anymore.

I know what casting a vote for someone who isn't elected gets me. I also know that casting a vote that isn't counted at all is worse.
edit on 31-7-2012 by johnnysixguns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Ok- if it makes you feel better..... :::- DOES A KING KONG AND BANGS CHEST ::::

Check it out- I gave you an answer...you dont like my answer..and you are destined to think that if all of us Ron Paul supporters got together and backed Johnson, that somehow he would have enough to beat Romney.

Sorry to tell you but.....that wouldnt even be CLOSE to enough.

Majority of the people in this country are either Republicans or Democrats...and most of them are faithful to their parties.

Even if all the independanats got together to challenge them, it would still be impossible because WE DONT HAVE THE NUMBERS.

edit on 31-7-2012 by Common Good because: ::::

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Just to close this on my end for the night -

I retract my misquote concerning who had your interest vs. who you should vote for.

I grew up in a family that was half yellow-dog democrat, and half old-guard GOP who are just a bunch of neoconservatives now. I know that the general population has latched onto the idea that there is no party except for those two. It doesn't mean that people can't vote outside of that box, and it certainly doesn't mean they should throw away a vote.

Until tomorrow, hopefully if anything, people can read our debate and it will sway their opinion in one way or another if they were on the fence, no matter which side the wind blows them.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Well goodnight to you sir, it was a Pleasant debate.

As long as it gets us thinking

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
While I am not a Paul supporter, I do feel the system has failed Ron Paul's campaign and these results offer some validation for him. I am a supporter of a three party system but not confident it would ever fly. Unfortunately for the Paul campaign, they will not see enough delegatory votes to get him the RNC nomination. What is bothersome to me is this morning I was listening to a supporter and delegate state his avid fervency to the point he is willing to support and keep "POTUS Barry" in office if Paul doesn’t get the nomination. Why not just stand behind Barry now? I can only assume the intent is to slap the RNC in the face, kick sand, stick your tongue out and say "there, take that!" So, why doesn't Paul run as a Libertarian...? Because, as republicans there are many areas where the Paul/Romney campaigns are in agreement. There are far less where they are not, as compared to the incumbency where the campaigns are diametrically in opposition.

My point is simple. We can no longer continue done the road we are on as a nation. There are some aspects of this year's campaign positions I am not in favor of however, with thet big picture in mind (our republic and my children's future), I can live with the differences in order to give our country a new/different direction.

Believe in your principles and move forward with compromise. This is how the fathers founded our nation.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I've been a Ron supporter since he announced his bid this second go round, and while I think it's great he continues to get delegates just as he said he would keep doing right up to the convention.. he knows very well that he's already lost his bid for presidency.. He's not even trying to run for president anymore and anyone who thinks he's going to some how magically win at the last minute isn't being very realistic.

Ron's goal is to make a strong showing straight through the finish line so that he has a better chance of getting a chance to speak during the convention to carry on his message.

Whether or not he will get to speak is still unclear to me.. but that is what he's fighting for right now.

The last count I saw for Ron including his 21 in maine puts him at 158 delegates.. Let's put this into perspective a bit .. Ron Paul is only beating two candidates.. and both have been out for a while now.. he's beating Gingrich by 20 and Huntsman by 156 .. He's losing to Santorum who dropped out even before Gingrich by just shy of 100 delegates.. and he's behind the unfortunate front man 1,364 delegates.. even if he got all of Santorum's, Gingriche's and Huntsmans he would be way below the minimum needed and still way behind Romney ..

The only way he could do it is delegates left Romney in mass during or before the convention, and while people debate whether they even CAN .. I don't believe they can or that it's likely.. the delegates I've seen talking ( Romney's ) say they signed documents stating that they would vote Romney..

I'm STILL a Ron fan and I can't stand Romney .. not big on Obama .. so I think in almost any case, we lose this go round as Americans.
edit on 7/31/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
reply to post by MrSpad

Your comment makes me wonder why you chose that particular post to reply to. Was it his message to keep at it despite the odds? A glimmer of hope you felt you needed to dash? Or perhaps your humanitarian instincts that compel you to urge people to not throw their vote away on the candidate of their choice because you feel he does not have a chance of winning? How commendable.

If it is all as hopeless as you and your confréres wish to convey then why waste your time? Do you visit Gary Johnson threads to pass along the same message, or to Jill Stein suporters? What prompts you to preach your endless "no hope" sermon on Ron Paul threads, a fear that his people can somehow effect the outcome of this election? Or are there some reservations or concerns you have about restoring liberty and the Constitution to America?

Despite the odds against Ron Paul becoming President of the United States of America there is still a greater chance of that outcome than your posts being able to persuade enough people to prevent it. What is your real point, reason, or agenda for continually posting this drivel?

edit on 30-7-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

I do not care to persuade anyone. In particulae Ron Paul followers who are cult like in his following. However, we have these never ending threads about how Ron Paul was cheated or the press does not follow him or whatever other excuse people wish to use to hide the fact that in reality the American people do not want him. Maybe, just maybe they do not want him because they know his voting record is a shell game. That they would prefer not sell the national parks, that they want laws against sexual harrasment at work, that they want student loans, that they do not want the government telling them they can not have an abortion do to Pauls religious beliefs, that farmers want the deparment of ag etc.

This silly idea that Paul somehow stands for the liberty and the Constitution is the same crap every politico sells. His views clearly reflect Pauls agenda and nothing else. I do not understand why people think their is one mythical interpretation of the Constitution when the people who created could not even agree on what it all meant.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Crap like this is why a 3rd party cannot win. How can you hope to win, when you can't even get on all the state ballots? How many debates only involve the big two? The debates they are "allowed" to participate in, how are the 3rd party people portrayed by the media?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Thanks for your response. Not that I agree with your interpretations of Paul's stances you do offer points to take into consideration and examine in your reply. Thanks for adding that bit of content to your criticisms and views.

edit on 31-7-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

If we split the vote, Obama wins.

You do realize that there's really no difference between the two... right? Right? No? Mmm.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
See I don't see it that way. If the delegates will all be allowed to vote their conscience, which is Federal law (superseding all state laws and "rules of the RNC), then Romney has NO support. Theres the RICO case coming against him too, but that's for later. US Marshals will be at the convention, and they will make sure that no intimidation tactics cause issues like they have at the state level. The delegates will be allowed to vote their conscience, even on the first round. Paul may win outright, but we'll have to see. One thing you don't want to do is give up on him now.

Know the Romney is a criminal. He may play the nice guy but he's part of a large crime syndicate (like the Bushes, Clintons, Rockefellers, Rothschilds, etc), only he's a bit more sacrificial than those groups because he's more clean than them. The purest lamb goes to slaughter when a sacrifice is necessary, and he's likely going to go down.

We'll see how it all plays out. There are a few court cases that have to proceed before I can comment further, as I haven't seen all the details of the case and the evidence. I sure will enjoy the fireworks though.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Haven't posted here in awhile; lots of new faces around!
To the OP, and all other nay-sayers: In an infinite universe, anything is possible. Is it, though probable that Ron Paul will win? No. Does that matter one iota? No. To the Ron Paul supporters: Forgive my arrogance for speaking for anyone but myself, but I think the following clip sums up rather well just how we feel about the good doctor.

We will NEVER be on the wrong side, again.
All this talk of wasted votes....here's how I see it: If you vote your conscience - even if your conscience tells you to vote for Micky Mouse; if you vote your conscience then you have not ever wasted your vote. Period.

The only way to actually waste your vote, is to let anything other than your conscience determine how you vote.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by blood0fheroes
Haven't posted here in awhile; lots of new faces around!
To the OP, and all other nay-sayers: In an infinite universe, anything is possible. Is it, though probable that Ron Paul will win? No. Does that matter one iota? No. To the Ron Paul supporters: Forgive my arrogance for speaking for anyone but myself, but I think the following clip sums up rather well just how we feel about the good doctor.

We will NEVER be on the wrong side, again.
All this talk of wasted votes....here's how I see it: If you vote your conscience - even if your conscience tells you to vote for Micky Mouse; if you vote your conscience then you have not ever wasted your vote. Period.

The only way to actually waste your vote, is to let anything other than your conscience determine how you vote.

Liberty or tyranny you choose,
or Barak Romney will.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
Booyah! My faith in Dr Paul's campaign has not diminished.

I have no faith in the campaign. My faith is in the moral strength and character of Ron Paul and his supporters!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Am I the only one that still has faith in the Paul campaign?

Wow.

You see it is this defeatist # that is the reason why the elite are so easily able to exploit you people.

Because you have no faith. You have no goddam backbone.

Suck it up, and put a little bit of faith in the man.

He won't win if you don't.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join