It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Mom Ditches Baby at Walmart After Shoplifting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Meanwhile, the News report showed the little boy with the police reviewing the Mall security camera footage and the little boy thought he was helping the police find "His lost Daddy" meanwhile, the poor kid's life was totally changed forever

How sad is it that I actually thought when reading that, oh well at least he didn't kill his kid. WTF Domo? WTF society?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

How in the hell do you get house arrest for a Home Invasion? That's just idiotic. Woman should have been sitting in jail before this.

I'd imagine she got a lighter sentence because she was a white female that was pregnant.

It's not right but that is how the system works.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
As a parent, this angers me to no end.
I'm glad the twit left her child.

They should set up sactuaries at Walmarts (as well a hospitals and fire departments) for people who just can't haandle the responsibility of children.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by antonia

How in the hell do you get house arrest for a Home Invasion? That's just idiotic. Woman should have been sitting in jail before this.

I'd imagine she got a lighter sentence because she was a white female that was pregnant.

Also because she committed the crime back in 2010, when she would have been a minor. They probably used house arrest as her punishment so her parents could keep an eye on her.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I said it once, I'll say it again, you should have to take a test before conception takes place.

If you fail, you are not permitted to breed.

I sincerely hope that child gets a whole new identity with people who give a crap to boot.

She should be flogged in the public square.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
#s crazy, I was in Morrisons the other day and this guy went to the checkout with loads of bags and two little girls no older than 6, holding his hands. For some reason 4 secuirity gaurds approached him and this guy just took off, I have no idea why they we're after him but when he ran, he left the two girls there with his bags, they we're screaming and crying it was awful. Whether the're their kids or not, I dont see how anybody could leave children alone in places they are unfamiliar with. crazy times.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

Yeah, I mean when you hear stories like this then that makes it sound good.

But in reality it would be abused..plus it is just creepy authoritarian government. This was already implemented to an extent in the USA. It led to poor people and minorities being forcibly sterilized.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Im just sayin, you have to take a test for a drivers licence right?...Why not for child rearin?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Horrible mother! She's young too, 19.

To be honest, I cracked up as they poked fun at the mother sprinting away. Instead of shoplifting to get stuff she wanted, she should of tried out for the Olympics! Her escape was kinda epic...

But in the end though... she shouldn't of brought her baby with her to go shoplifting. What else is messed up is that she was found at a club later that night.... Whats wrong with people?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

Because a driving test is on technical ability. A parents job is about empathy, responsibility, and love PLUS technical ability. There is no way to measure that.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Why not? They can hook you up to a lie detector and tell if your lieing right? Im sure theres a way to measure morality within a person.

I still think she should be publically flogged by a line of women who cannot give birth due to whatever reason.

And operating a vehicle does in fact take some self responsibility.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere

Why not? They can hook you up to a lie detector and tell if your lieing right? Im sure theres a way to measure morality within a person.

Polygraph tests are not admissible as evidence in most cases for a reason.
en.wikipedia.org...

I agree with RealSpoke here, a test would simply be used to ban the poor and "undesirable" races from breeding. Furthermore, please enlighten us as to what qualities one must possess and what amount of money one has to have.
edit on 30-7-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

When I get some children I'll let you know.......

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Yup. Over time it would degrade into full blown eugenics.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I think we're missing the point of this conversation arent we? The loser should not have been allowed to reproduce in the first place.

Who cares what ideals lead where.....what do you suggest then as a safety valve for the infinitely retarded?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by antonia

Pretty much, women in general get lenient punishments in the penal system. Plus she was probably using the fact that she was pregnant as leniency.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I said it once, I'll say it again, you should have to take a test before conception takes place.

If you fail, you are not permitted to breed.

I sincerely hope that child gets a whole new identity with people who give a crap to boot.

She should be flogged in the public square.

I don't think having a kid was exactly premeditated on her part. I think she was doing whatever she wanted and wasn't prepared for any consequence. I think there was more planning in this 'shopping' trip than when she got pregnant.
You will never catch all the unfit parents before disaster, just like you will never catch every drunk driver before someone gets hurt. People know it's illegal to drink and drive before getting a license, yet it continues to be a thing.

This kid is better off. It's sad, but a lesser of two evils for sure. I hope an awesome couple who can't have their own get to appreciate raising this boy.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Im just sayin, you have to take a test for a drivers licence right?...Why not for child rearin?

People can barely be bothered to wear a bullet proof rain coat every time, let alone stand in line for clearance to act like the mammal we all are deep inside. That would be the longest line ever!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

Free and unfettered access to birth control. Give it out like candy in schools. Free pills, free IUD's, Free Depo!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by GrandHeretic

Free and unfettered access to birth control. Give it out like candy in schools. Free pills, free IUD's, Free Depo!

They do in the UK! My school gave out condoms!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join