It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomburg's Gotta Go

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATSer's, this is my first "New Thread" post and I hope it wakes up some of those people in New York City.

I heard a story that your Mayor wants more Breast Feeding for YOUR Children. As a matter of fact, I think Bloomburg wants all of you Breast Feeding on HIS government Teet. Bloomburg already wants to control your Guns, Salt, Sugar, Money, Protest, Tobacco, and I don't know what else. Well, you wanted a Billionaire for a Mayor......and look what what you ended up with. This little so and so didn't need the money most Mayors screwed their cities out of, he just wanted the POWER. Bloomburg wanted the power to force his beliefs upon his "Subjects". After all, he's so rich he has to be smarter than you and he knows whats best for you and your family (sic). Don't you think it's about time to send his little ass packing??? The guy has a Napoleonic Complex and he's treating you like he's your Ruller......Haven't you had enough??? I don't live in New Your and I've had enough of him. Don't ya think that there is SOMEONE out there that would be the type of Mayor that would "Serve the People" rather than, the other around??? Or, are you looking forward to Alfa Sprouts, bottled water, and Breast Feeding your kids for a year???

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pistolerooo

Do you have any links to news articles that backs up your claims?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Here is one of many links I found after googling......................

Link

I also commend the OP for bringing it to our attention that the common man will never get anywhere by electing the filthy rich!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Re "Bloomberg"; "The 'bloom' is off the rose." Given his anti-gun rights stance and recent stupid statement (that the police ought to go on strike until american citizens disarm) it is indeed time for Mr. Mayor to be "deflowered" of all political power and influence. He has made a lot of money in business; perhaps he should tend to his own garden (business) then.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Any chance this "boob" was born the day Hitler died, because he is definitely linked to him somehow. Living in NY, I can tell you this guy is a dangerous piece of poopy. Here's the big problem, the majority of citizens in NYC who support this guy are his rich celebrity and elite know-it-alls, and they control all of NY from their seat of power. The majority of NY state is more conservative, but you would never know it because of this blight of a city.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

New mothers at New York City hospitals won't be denied the formula for their babies, but the formula will be doled out under the same procedure as medications. The formula will be stored in locked storerooms and out of sight in hopes new mothers will opt to breast feed. Bloomberg wants the formula tracked and counted like medication throughout the cities hospitals. Even breast-feeding mothers are emailing Fox and Friends Sunday morning saying it should be a woman's choice. They also find it disconcerting that the government is stepping into this very private matter for many mothers. This new baby formula plan starts on September 3, according to the New York Post

www.examiner.com...

It's already a done deal, he has the whole city council on his side so he doles this crap out like Obama does Executive Orders...welcome to Big Brother of the USA.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
My question is this, Bloomberg is worth $22 billion which places him 11th in the United States and 20th in the world. Source

Who exactly do you believe this man works for? The people of New York City? The common man and woman who pay the taxes and work their asses off, thinking they are working for a better life, a chance to have a small piece of the pie that Bloomberg has. This is not the case, this man works to make sure the elite get richer all on the shoulders of the middle class.

Where are the protests? Where are the grass roots actions to get someone in that position that actually give a care to the men and women who break their necks working their selves to death literally, just so that they can get food on their tables to feed their families? Until someone feels the need to start doing something, people like him will continue to get elected, and continue to do the same things to the same people until someone steps up and is willing to challenge the system like Dr. Ron Paul has.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

It's in the newspapers, TV, and the internet....you been living under a rock?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Add this to the list...no more food donations to the homeless...because if you are starving, you must not eat unhealthy food:

Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s food police have struck again! Outlawed are food donations to homeless shelters because the city can’t assess their salt, fat and fiber content, reports CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer.

newyork.cbslocal.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

That is just sick. Just another example of the govt using its power to step into things that should not be touched. Do you think the homeless give a damn about the salt and fat content of the food they are given. Ive seen them eating out of the dumpsters, and that fact right there makes me sick and tired of the way people in general are treated in this country.

This is why when I see the homeless, I invite them into my own home and I feed they a hot meal and let them get a hot shower and sleep in a cot that I have set up. Now a lot of people would never do that, but we really need to start caring about our fellow men/women. A country can be judged on how they treat the less fortunate, and right now the US ranks as one of the lowest in the world, and with the way we preach Democracy, and opportunity for all. It should read, Dictatorship, and opportunity if you have the CASH to afford it.

Sickening

link   
I heard that Term Limits were about to stop Bloomburg but the Term Limits were exempted for one (?) election cycle. Are the Citizens of New York City going to allow this again??? Thanks to that fiasco he's gotten worse.
As some of you have expressed, what has he done for the average New Yorker? What do you think he'll do next?

link   

I think bloomburg is a rich dipsnip, but there is some good ideas behind his plan to limit the amount of formula and advertising public hospitals push on new mothers::

Under the city Health Department’s voluntary Latch On NYC initiative, 27 of the city’s 40 hospitals have also agreed to give up swag bags sporting formula-company logos, toss out formula-branded tchotchkes like lanyards and mugs, and document a medical reason for every bottle that a newborn receives. Read more: www.nypost.com...

Basically, this is a way to reverse the pro-industry relationship the medical field has had with formula companies since the 1960s, when hospitals and doctors told new mothers that their own breastmilk was bad for their children, and they should give them formlua instead, which they just so happen to have to buy,instead of producing all on their own, for free, like nature has done for millions of years.
edit on 29-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

What about your ability to choose? There are women who refuse to Breast Feed, for their own personal reasons. To inform is one thing but, to take away one's ability to choose is Tyranny.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pistolerooo

What about your ability to choose? There are women who refuse to Breast Feed, for their own personal reasons. To inform is one thing but, to take away one's ability to choose is Tyranny.

They arent taking away anyones ability to choose. That's absolute hyperbole on your part.

In fact, what they are doing is promoting choice. Instead of PUSHING formula on new mothers, they are treating formula like any other for-profit product in the hospital.

A more accurate headline here would be:

Bloomburg to stop pushing costly formula on new mothers

For decades now, hospitals in the US have been pushing corporate baby formula on new mothers, and actively discouraging breastfeeding, which benefits the for-profit formula industry.

Instead of just repeating what the NY post is saying, why not actually look into the facts of the situation? Like I said, i think Bloomburg is a douche, but misrepresenting his actions is just stupid.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Did you even read what I posted...they are going to treat it like a medication and track it?

How is that freedom?

I wanted nothing to do with breastfeeding my children, the whole thing grossed me out, my hospital tried to push that on me said I wasn't bonding properly with my child...give me a freaking break....mind your own business.

My children grew up healthy and happier than most kids so what does Bloomy know?
edit on 29-7-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Bloomberg is the scum of the Earth and has been a thorn in my side for years.

From his wanting to control smokers (as if the West Side Hwy doesn't have carcinogens???), to his stupid soda bans.

This man has compltely no idea what the idea of personal freedom is supposed to mean. He puts policies on everything under the sun in an attempt to somehow make NY seem superior when in fact all he is doing is generating revenues by breaking all of our balls!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Did you even read what I posted...they are going to treat it like a medication and track it?

How is that freedom?

Because it Is medicine. It's more choice because now, instead of having a costly formula literally pushed on them, often on the taxpayer dime, they will be encouraged to nurse. For Free.

This is one of those issues where your dislike of Bloomburg, and your own emotions, are getting in the way of seeing that this is actually a positive plan, that will likely save the taxpayer money.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I live near the city & the guy is losing it from banning soda in NYC & telling cops to go on strike unless there is gun control. He has his NYPD all over NJ spying on Muslim's its just crazy what is going on over here ...

911 caller inadvertently reveals NYPD safehouse used for spying on Muslims in New Jersey

"A building superintendent called the New Brunswick Police 911 line in June 2009 to report something suspicious. The caller, Salil Sheth, had stumbled upon one of the NYPD’s biggest secrets: a safe house where undercover officers working well outside the department’s jurisdiction could lie low and coordinate surveillance."

www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 29-7-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
As a Long Island resident I thank God every night that Nassau and Suffolk counties are not part of NYC ... my heart goes out to those in the Five Boroughs.

For his first 2 terms he was just another NYC mayor ... Rudy's successor, 2 guys after Ed Koch, 3 guys after Dinkins, etc. Then he circumvented the electoral law and forced the City Council to allow him a third term (NYC mayors were previously limited to 2 terms in office). That PISSED me off. This guy basically declared himself Emperor of NYC. Then comes the ban on fountain sodas larger than 16oz ... incredibly pointless. True nanny state bullcrap. It should be mentioned that practically all of the City Council and even many of Bloombergs cronies have said that this is on ban too far. Christine Quinn has even said that if she is elected Mayor in 2013 she will overturn the ban on soda cups larger than 16oz ... Christine Quinn the superliberal opposes this - that is how bizarre and out of control Bloomberg has gotten.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

That is insane....it is not medicine, it is FOOD! Oh I get it this is part of the Obamacare plan isn't it?

It is no one's business whether a women pays for her child's "milk" or uses her own!

Stop it...this is a free country...just stop it already!!

Should we all own a cow instead of buying a gallon of milk...the liberal craziness is going over the edge....we are being controlled by a bunch of 5 year olds in grown up bodies....

If a women has the right to kill her unborn baby (liberal idea btw) then she has control of whether someone sucks at her teat!!!

Libs make NO sense!!!!!

Wow am I angry!!!

:fl ame:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join