It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merrill Lynch: US, Western World No Longer Call Shots for Rest of World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
MoneyNews story

Merrill Lynch: US, Western World No Longer Call Shots for Rest of World

Merrill Lynch is urging investors to embrace a fundamental shift in their investing strategy as U.S. and Western economic domination crumbles.

The company is pressing its clients to revamp their investing strategy — even their basic beliefs about how to choose investments — in the face of world geopolitical change, according to The Financial Times.

In this new investing world, U.S. Treasurys and gold are out, or at least much less important. Investments now considered off-beat, like Australian sovereign debt and Singaporean bank bonds, are in.

One alarming part here is the fact that demand for U.S. Treasurys seems to be on a downward trend.

That means it is more difficult for the U.S. to "borrow" new money.

That means that the U.S. will undoubtedly need to raise interest rates to attract big lenders.

And what does That mean ??

For the past half a century, the U.S. and a small number of other wealthy countries ran the world economic order. But that's over now. The Group of Seven richest countries, or G-7, expanded to the G-20 to include China and other emerging markets. But under the Merrill Lynch view, even that group is not inclusive enough, the Financial Times reports.

The world is now without clear economic leadership, the company believes. It's now in a "G-Zero world," Merrill Lynch executives warn.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
And the east rises..
This is going to cause so many wars and 'conflicts'

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
the east can manage quite well without westerners medling and exploiting the people ... would make many here happy to see all westerners leave asia for good and never return... we dont want or need western control ....

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Why those sorry s** ^*^** #$(*# &)((^# !!!!!!

Whew... I feel a bit better now. These are the same pieces of trash the Government just put out nearly unlimited buckets of money to SAVE and THIS is how we get THANKED? Hey, I have no truck with their message, maybe it's even true though I don't think so. Not in any way their warnings are in time to help anyway.

They are an American company though and if ANY company had better admit "They didn't build that", THAT is the one. The "West" built them and the "West" just went broke bailing them and all their sorry little buddies out over the past 5 years. Oh the nerve....

This kinda crap is what originally did attract me to OWS. That wasn't the way, IMO, but these criminals can't stop reminding us that a way MUST be found.

*And furthermore.... They can just leave the United States any time they'd like to carry their sorry butts off our Soil. I feel that strongly, given how much the USG GAVE to these criminals in OUR names that WE will be stuck paying for generations!
edit on 28-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This title is all wrong...

Merrill Lynch: US vaults have been emptied by our gang of "financial experts". Let's do this somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
the east can manage quite well without westerners medling and exploiting the people ... would make many here happy to see all westerners leave asia for good and never return... we dont want or need western control ....

There's a long way to go.

American & International Corporations In China-

NOTATION- even though this is a very long list of American and other foreign corporations in China,
it is certainly not a complete listing. We have only included a few of the names you may recognize.

This is a list of companies who either own factories, or have contract factories producing their products
in China. Some of the companies produce 100% of their products there, and others only produce parts,
or certain ingredients for their products. The list below is approximately 1% of the actual Corporate list.

Companies such as Avon, GE, and AT&T for example, have been in China and manufacturing products
for 20 to 30 years. Most American consumers simply had no idea. Previously their source was Japan.

source

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Well, there are 2 choices for US and West :

1.Accept the situation and become ruled by China.
or
2.Make it so that China goes back to 18th century.

Obviously, 2. will be chosen, simply only because NATO military power dwarfs the rest of the world.China? Just a midget.

So, China, get ready to go back to how you were before electricity, because NO WAY IN HELL the West will accept China as no.1 in this world.

In an apocalyptic world, yes, China can be no.1.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I have an idea.

STOP SPENDING OUR MONEY BAILING OUT THESE BANKS AND CROOKS!

...you are right wrabbit- it does feel good.

They tell us to watch our ass because we are not as good as we were? PSH.
We are better than we ever were, but now we have people within the system trying to screw that up for whatever agenda that they are trying to play.

I have a planned out budget and financial spending limits and cuts, all for personal finances.
Why dont they? Because they acquire GDP while the private sector loses it.

And people think the govt(rich people)cares about them why? They have taken over this country and only look out for themselves.

only 5% of more than 11,000 bills will pass the house this year in the 112th Congress.

Who is the 5% of people in this country? And whos legislation usually gets passed? The top 5%.

Why would they make bills that benefit you and not them? Why do people think WE are always the ones getting screwed? because we are.

They own this country. I used to think it was banks, but I think there really is a small group of people whos influence counts for more than entire countries.

There is only hope if you can get the "right" people in the scene behind your cause, or else its a hopeless cause.

Anyone here think that healthcare bill would have been passed if anyone other than Barrak Obama was introducing it?

I dont want to call the shots for the rest of the world- Let them do what they do. I have no reason to believe that the American people are any less innovative than any other country on the planet.

I just worry about the fear and burden people carry on their shoulders everyday from the fear that is being forced upon them.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Bank of America: Merrill Lynch no longer calls the shots for the rest of the investment company.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
those are the same entities that are killing nations economy, they infest and manipulate the governments of nations like pimps with gifts and luxury until the whores in charge drain their own citizens of their nations wealth leaving the countries bankrupted and in debt

Then they move like leeches they are to infect and drain the next victim.

That is the power of corporate dictatorships

Citizens should understand that their best interest has never been in the minds of the leeches.

top topics

join