It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where should you live to avoid the effects of TSHTF? And why? (America)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Yea I would stay away from the coasts, and the low land, any place that is earth quake pron.

They say the people in Alaska, would survive, but that's what they do, I don't know about the earth quakes though.

I kind of like Michigan, because they have the water, water is the new oil everyone wants to control the water. In the near future, wars will be fought over water Countries and people's will no longer exist.

People make jokes about the Mayan calender, I myself wondered for a long time, because of the water. Water everywhere, but that is it, or so it seems, when if the earth shift's on it's axis, a 500 ft. wall of water will hit some of the coast.

I don't know if it's true but they are saying the Naval astrological survey or what ever? is saying a planet or something is coming in.
I know solar bodies effect each other like Saturn and Jupiter cause worse solar flares or can by the way they pull on the sun.
Something big passing close to Earth could do something and from what I have been reading it is a fact that there are a lot of things in orbit around the Sun , that they have no ideal what they are or don't want us to know.

But I would say Midwest but watch out for Yellowstone, because as the Moon pulls the tides of the Ocean's it also pullsl the molten material beneath the land.
edit on 28-7-2012 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

Iiii heard that was look alike osama bin laden
Never thought was him

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
north dakota, less than a million folks in the whole state
and if you go far enough north , gets to bad you can go into canada.
but you better like cold weather.
edit on 28-7-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
1 . Form a group
2. Make sure each person is earning money one way or another
3. Pitch on a huge plot of land. I suggest a nature environment close to a big city. The goal is to stockpile, plan and attack not hide and defend. We are Americans and its time to get $%^$ accomplished.
My ideal location would be Northern California, but if you like heat head down to the southern states
4. Learn how to cultivate and farm goods on your property
5. Make sure the place is secure using everything from guns to dogs to booby traps. If you want to harbor and train the best revolutionary's around....cant risk intruders.
6. Train, train train. Whether its wilderness training, fire/explosives training, weapons training or stealth training. The object is to sabotage, and reveal the enemy. Reveal the oppression our country is blind too.
7. Plan. Every person must become honest and trustworthy. Brothers. Create a plan and accomplish it. The best part is knowing you have a home base everyone can rondevu at.
8. After you become a threat, making the local news frequently and building your groups name....you can start recruitment.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox666
1 . Form a group
2. Make sure each person is earning money one way or another
3. Pitch on a huge plot of land. I suggest a nature environment close to a big city. The goal is to stockpile, plan and attack not hide and defend. We are Americans and its time to get $%^$ accomplished.
My ideal location would be Northern California, but if you like heat head down to the southern states
4. Learn how to cultivate and farm goods on your property
5. Make sure the place is secure using everything from guns to dogs to booby traps. If you want to harbor and train the best revolutionary's around....cant risk intruders.
6. Train, train train. Whether its wilderness training, fire/explosives training, weapons training or stealth training. The object is to sabotage, and reveal the enemy. Reveal the oppression our country is blind too.
7. Plan. Every person must become honest and trustworthy. Brothers. Create a plan and accomplish it. The best part is knowing you have a home base everyone can rondevu at.
8. After you become a threat, making the local news frequently and building your groups name....you can start recruitment.

I'd be a little more careful revealing your plans like that on the internet, you know, with Homeland Security and the wiretapping laws and all that... these militia groups all border on domestic terrorism, which is a dangerous ground to be on after 9/11.

The Hutatree Militia... sounds about what you're thinking of, what with the whole "brotherhood" thing you got going on (minus religious apocalypse). They were infiltrated by the FBI, charged with sedition, and multiple weapons violations. They were acquitted of the sedition charge, but the weapons charges stuck.

Basically, our forefathers gave us the right to organize and form militias, but be very careful when you use phrasing like "attack," and "become a threat." The whole idea of forming militias was for defense, not offense.

*Edit*
I'd go Northern California for the low population, New Mexico or Arizona for the sprawling open land and escape into Mexico, Montana for the easy escape to Canada, or Alaska because there's just so much land there nobody would ever find you.
edit on 29-7-2012 by mkmasn because: Forgot to add in my location!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

In a 'shtf' situation, regardless of what happens(im assuming to you shtf means something huge and catastrophic that affects everyone) all cities and populated areas will be affected somehow. You are asking what city or state to live in to not be affected...and the answer is stay out of the cities. Get a place away from major/any roads, a place with overhead cover(wooded area), and close to a water source(not a main river, for the same reasons for staying away from roads).

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Thanks for your replies, everyone. It really helps, and we're gonna take a while to agree on something--cuz they want to accomplish dreams and travel to places they like, and I'm trying to merge that with finding a safe, gun-happy place to live.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

In New Mexico you can carry an unconcealed weapon freely, if that helps? We kind of all went a different direction than you originally intended.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests
Just because you buy your guns lawfully in texas, doesn't mean they have to stay there once you leave.

Good point, but why would you intentionally make yourself a federal target foe something that is perfectly legal just a state away?
Me for instance, I live in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia, and I love my guns.
I have family in Texas, Oklahoma,Utah Etc.
What I'm saying is I could get some great stuff that you just can't get here in Kalifornia, but why??
Doing so would make me a criminal, plus I am on the cusp of moving to another state.
When I get there I will get my silencers and mags above 10 rounds, and maybe a few guns I've always wanted but because of laws could not legally.
Why become a criminal and expose yourself to their prison system?

More toward the OP, just do a google on gun friendly states, then look at the individual states for what you want.
There are many good choices and few bad ones.
Myself, I'd stay well within the borders, i.e.no border states.look for states that do not interfere with their citizens, individual rights, water storage, utilities regulations Etc.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join