It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Harvard Study Confirms: Fluoride Lowers IQ

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

NEW YORK, July 24, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Harvard University researchers' review of fluoride/brain studies concludes "our results support the possibility of adverse effects of fluoride exposures on children's neurodevelopment." It was published online July 20 in Environmental Health Perspectives, a US National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences' journal (1), reports the NYS Coalition Opposed to Fluoridation, Inc. (NYSCOF)

"The children in high fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ than those who lived in low fluoride areas," write Choi et al.

There you have it folks. Whenever someone makes fun of you for spreading the truth about fluoride again, slap this article across their face.

SOURCE
SOURCE 2

Short video by Chris White about the fluoride and its accumulation in the pineal gland, where it causes calcification.

And don't forget folks, it's not even chemical grade fluoride that is in your water - it is hexafluorosilicic ACID, or soot that is scraped off of industrial smokestacks.
edit on 27-7-2012 by frozenspark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

"The children in high fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ than those who lived in low fluoride areas," write Choi et al.
I am surprised and shocked. Our governments are never wrong, they always know what's best for us? How could they force entire populations to ingest chemicals which affect their intelligence? It's just not plausible, I'm in denial here. I can't believe they would be so stupid and/or evil. Well they should certainly stop fluoridation now right? Now that we have the scientific data to prove it's dangerous, our gracious benevolent government should take the necessary steps to ensure our safety right?

\end sarcasm\

STOP FLUORIDATION NOW.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
They said high fluoride. Almost everything's toxic in high quantities, even water can kill people in high amounts.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
They said high fluoride. Almost everything's toxic in high quantities, even water can kill people in high amounts.

Yeah except water isn't a neurotoxin. And they are talking about areas where the water is fluoridated at high levels, which is A LOT of areas, in fact over 60% of Americas water supply is fluoridated at high levels, whilst only a tiny percent of the nation has a water supply which receives little to no fluoridation. Perhaps if you didn't drink so much tap water you would be able to discern these facts.
edit on 27/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: corrected number

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'm glad I don't drink water.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

That's my problem with the sources too. They seem to avoid mentioning what constitutes "high fluoride areas".

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I have never openly spoken against the consumption of fluoride, but I have however been aware of random reports... and for about 4 years now steer clear of it as much as possible. Such as avoiding public water, certain drinks and such... toothpaste's... yada yada. I'm still not sure if it's all worth it... I think it has more to do with younger developing children, but hey... maybe not.

I'm still staying away from the stuff... and upon further research, I might spread this article around!

S&Fs

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see what comes of this.

I remember my math lecturer in first year who noted that the average student is getting dumber by the year.

He attributed it to the use of calculators and the superseded slide-rule, but I wonder if fluoride is the real culprit.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
You can't forget about fluoridated toothpastes and all the food that is cooked using fluoridated water. One way or the other we are getting fluoridated in unknown amounts.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Flouride may very well be harmful. It looks suspicious, but I'm not certain yet. From your source article:

However, they (the Harvard researchers) point out research by Ding (2011) suggested that low water fluoride levels had significant negative associations with children's intelligence.

Choi et al. write, "Although fluoride may cause neurotoxicity in animal models and acute fluoride poisoning causes neurotoxicity in adults, very little is known of its effects on children's neurodevelopment. They recommend more brain/fluoride research on children and at individual-level doses. (emphasis and parenthetical information added)

I think there are better articles with which to slap people across the face.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Look... this argument over the health risks associated with fluoride is actually quite pointless. The real point is that we shouldn't be subjected to forced medication programs such as unsolicited fluoridation of our water supplies. The problem is that we don't have a choice. If I wanted to apply fluoride to my teeth I would CHOOSE to purchase fluoridated toothpaste (which contains pharmaceutical grade fluoride) and apply it topically, in the way it's supposed to be used.

I do not like INGESTING fluoride into my body, unrefined low quality fluoride scraped off of industrial smoke stacks and contaminated with a bunch of other chemicals may I add. The only way to avoid it is to purchase bottled water (which I do), and even then it's hard to work out which brands of bottled water contains little to no fluoride.

Did you know that most of the world has banned or stopped fluoridation and only about 5% of the worlds population is fluoridated and more than 50% of these people live in North America? Did you know that when you plot the levels of tooth decay in fluoridated nations vs the levels of tooth decay in unfluoridated nations there is essentially no discernible difference?

There is simply no justification for injecting fluoride into our water supplies. Perhaps fluoride doesn't help prevent tooth decay, perhaps it does help prevent tooth decay, there's a lot of evidence for both arguments... but like I said toothpaste does the same thing if you wish to use fluoride. Do you actually think all the potential health risks are worth this one debatable advantage?

Further reading: A brief look at water fluoridation and the insanity of it
edit on 27/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Wow... my short life experience and brief research about sodium fluoride told me the exact same thing. Good job Harvard, now I can believe in myself!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The thing that has always bugged me is why is the government so concerned about people's teeth? It's rather trivial and it still costs money. Yet no cures are ever being made by big pharma (I haven't seen one in a while, if at all), but the government puts flouride in our water so our teeth don't rot (which I don't think even works in that way)?

Am I missing something here?

Why are our teeth in the government's best interest in the grand scheme of things?

What ARE the grand scheme of things?

Feel me?
edit on 7/28/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Not only are we being poisoned by an industrial waste by-product, (were we asked to be medicated through our water systems???) our dental hygiene plummets from a crappy bandaid fix from the government.

Mastication is one of the MOST important things humans do every day!!!

The plot thickens....
In some studies taken, fluoride will harden the outer enamel layer of the tooth.
The downside is that it will also weaken and rot your teeth from the inside out.

So when your REAL teeth start to go, and no longer function right, (bad occlusion, teeth work like gears/clocks)
you begin to suffer from malnutrition (sometimes, not always) and become very weak.

Some of this knowledge comes from studying the topic online, the rest comes from my experience as a dental technician.

To add:
I've heard in the wild when animal lose just 1 or 2 teeth (like deer) they can suffer from malnutrition and eventually starve. This is because their teeth no longer mesh together and the food can't be properly broken down through mastication.

...chewing is underrated in america

Get off the FLUORIDE. Buy normal clean bottled water or find it from a natural clean source.
Get off normal toothpastes that typically have this crap in it. Or use a touch of baking soda instead, also gets rid of the mouth acidity after certain drinks/meals (reblances ph)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The Nazi fluoridation information is almost certainly legit.

Every library most likely has a copy of "The Crime and Punishment of I.G. Farben"

Joseph Borkin Copyright 1978 by The Free Press, a Division of Macmillan Publishing Co., Inc.

..."The first occurrence of fluoridated drinking water on Earth was found in Germany's Nazi prison camps. The Gestapo had little concern about fluoride's supposed effect on children's teeth; their alleged reason for mass-medicating water with sodium fluoride was to sterilize humans and force the people in their concentration camps into calm submission."...

Amazon Link

I don't know the page that's on but I do remember seeing it prior.
My library has a copy I'll find out sometime this week.
Maybe someone can google deeper and find the page #.

The documents predate the Internet by a long shot.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
i highly suggest using "Toms Toothpaste" its always here at my local Safeway.

No fluoride. Great taste (spearmint)

Next step is sabotaging/destroying all local fluoride/water plants

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Just google and research at the library everything available about I.G. Farben.

From the Wiki:

Of the 24 directors of IG Farben indicted in the so-called IG Farben Trial (1947–1948) before a U.S. military tribunal at the subsequent Nuremberg Trials, 13 were sentenced to prison terms between one and eight years. Some of those indicted in the trial were subsequently made leaders of the post-war companies that split off from IG Farben, including those who were sentenced at Nuremberg.

So basically they got busted for providing material for genocide, knowingly, and then got off the hook and got rewarded for it even.

The United States of America vs. Carl Krauch, et al., also known as the IG Farben Trial, was the sixth of the twelve trials for war crimes the U.S. authorities held in their occupation zone in Germany (Nuremberg) after the end of World War II, against leading industrialists of Nazi Germany for their conduct during the Nazi regime. The defendants in this case had all been directors of IG Farben. Of the 24 defendants arraigned, 13 were found guilty. The indictment was filed on May 3, 1947; the trial lasted from August 27, 1947 until July 30, 1948.

All defendants who were sentenced to prison received early release. Most were quickly restored to their directorships, and some were awarded the Federal Cross of Merit.

Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany

They got medals? This is baffling.

More info on the war crimes trial, as you can see about half of them were acquitted while half were found guilty, roughly.

By the way, IG Farben = Bayer, BASF, Agfa, etc.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

^^

This..

Other than the fact that the fluoride they use in the water supply is NOT your medical grade, but industrial grade that is scrapped from smoke stacks..

But mostly the above.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
the title of this thread is a lie, that "study" doesn't confirm fluoride lowers IQ, it says it might possibly cause at high levels cause lowering of IQ.
of course no where does it say how high the fluoride needs to be to cause it, and it isn't even sure that the correlation is even strong enough to be the causation or not.
anything is toxic at too high levels anyway, even water.

then again this is what i've come to expect here, biased reports with no critical examinations.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Conspiracy theory becomes proven fact. Jesus Christ! That means Dillinger is still alive!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join