It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO Debunkery of Major Hector Quintanilla.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by milomilo

i think USAF and US Goverment are just as blind as ordinary citizen regarding UFO phenomenon. thus they are trying to poohpooh and hide under the carpet all these UFO data they got.

i think USAF are trying to hide UFO Facts because they dont want to admit they are powerless to prevent UFO phenomenon (since they are responsible for US Air Space / Defense)

i think these move by goverment are not the 'Conspiracy' that some people love to talk about. the real motive is more down to earth , that is to hide their own incompetence.

ditto with other world goverments (eg France with all those UFO data from military, still no answer and the military are powerless against the phenomenon)

It's been said (and posted) before but the idea that the U.S. Government is as clueless as the rest of us is a distinct possibility my friend and maybe nobody knows WTF is going on -U.K. Under Secretary of State Ralph Noyes also suggests as much in the statement below about unexplained military radar UFO incidents in British Airspace.

"Here we had a number of object seen coming in across the North Sea on coastal radar. It looked like a Russian mistake. Jet aircraft were scrambled. The objects were travelling at quite impossible speeds like 4-5000 mph and then came to an abrupt halt near to one of these stations not very high up. Jet aircraft picked them up on aircraft radar. The objects then simply made rings round them."

"Inevitably this led to the sort of enquiry which you would put in hand if you had any military responsibilities. Had something gone wrong with ground radar or with aircraft radar? We experienced pilots going out of their minds? Were people having fantasies? We *had* to investigate cases of that kind.

Over the years - although there were not an enormous number of such cases - there were a sufficient number to persuade me, and a number of air staff friends with whom I had to work, that something was going on, sporadically, in British airspace which we could not explain."

"But we did not particularly want to make public statements about that. Not for something that we had no explanation."

Ralph Noyes,Senior Official with British Air Ministry - retired as Under Secretary of State in 1977

link

I did find this interview with John F. Schuessler extremely interesting though and thought he made some excellent points about the very high standards of U.S. surveillance capabilities -even if they don't know about UFO origin it seems they certainly would know a lot about tracking the objects (and other important data) but choose to withhold the information.

There is no doubt in my mind that today if not many times over the past fifty years we have had the surveillance capabilities to completely monitor the activities of certain UFO flights –and know exactly when they’re going, where they’re going, how they’re going, where they appear form and leave to, all the characteristics about them – we have radar based devices that will not only show the distance, direction and azimuth of an object and all that but will also how shape. We have devices the army has developed for tracking projectiles – they check the acoustic wave and when something crosses over they can immediately track that data and go back to the source. That’s how they track where a mortar is or a howitzer. We can use that same technology – and its portable – for tracking UFOs.

I don’t believe any of these things fly over our country today without being known and if somebody wanted the UFO mystery to completely disappear they could in five minutes release enough data to show exactly what’s going on and is not going on.

That means (1) somebody knows and we don’t know. (2) Somebody monitors and we can’t tap into it. So we as little peon citizens at the mercy of when this happens and nobody is going to tell us..

An Interview with John F. Schuessler, Executive Director of MUFON (Mutual UFO Network)

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Great thread mate. Nothing new here for me personally, but you've put it all together really nicely.
It's about time someone ridiculed the ridiculers. Time to fight fire with fire.

As someone else said previously it would be awesome if a documentary was done on this making everyone associated with project blue book to look absolutely ridiculous. Wouldn't be hard. Just presenting the facts would be enough to make an absolute mockery of the USAF.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Well researched as usual Karl12.

Im interested in the Air Force "Foreign Technology" Office.........
Does this lend more credence to Lt Col. P. Corso's claims in his book.

I had read elsewhere that Corso was rubbished as there was No Foreign technology office....
Interesting that the officer involved had interest in UFOs and Blue Book....
The plot...as usual,,thickens.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BullwinkleKicksButt

It's about time someone ridiculed the ridiculers. Time to fight fire with fire.

Thanks for the post BullwinkleKicksButt and astrophysicist Bernard Haisch also basically says as much in the statement below - the second part of the quote could have almost been tailor made for Major Quintanilla.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f350ba959054.gif[/atsimg]

"I propose that true skepticism is called for today: neither the gullible acceptance of true belief nor the closed-minded rejection of the scoffer masquerading as the skeptic.
One should be skeptical of both the believers and the scoffers. The negative claims of pseudo-skeptics who offer facile explanations must themselves be subject to criticism. If a competent witness reports having seen something tens of degrees of arc in size (as happens) and the scoffer -- who of course was not there -- offers Venus or a high altitude weather balloon as an explanation, the requirement of extraordinary proof for an extraordinary claim falls on the proffered negative claim as well. That kind of approach is also pseudo-science."

Dr. Bernard Haisch
Director for the California Institute for Physics and Astrophysics

link

Originally posted by BullwinkleKicksButt

As someone else said previously it would be awesome if a documentary was done on this making everyone associated with project blue book to look absolutely ridiculous. Wouldn't be hard. Just presenting the facts would be enough to make an absolute mockery of the USAF.

Yes would certainly love to see that one mate and, as well as the contents of their USAF UFO Factsheet, they've also got quite a bit of explaining to do about their misrepresentation of actual unknown statistics and BBSR14 -apparently "about 30 or 40 per cent of Bluebook cases may have been miscategorized by the USAF as 'identified' and the true number of credible cases grossly underestimated".

"Much more disturbing are the indications from my limited review of BB cases that there may be as many as possibly 4,000 Unexplained UFO cases miscategorized as IFO's in the BB files. McDonald similarly stated in 1968 at his CASI lecture that from his review of BB cases he estimated that 30-40% of 12,000 cases were Unexplained, or about 3,600 to 4,800. These are mostly military cases and many involve radar".

Comprehensive Catalog of 1,600 Project BLUE BOOK UFO Unknowns

Think you may be aware of the cases already but there are plenty of other examples here where the USAF UFO explanations are bordering on the criminally negligent - in one case the USAF actually expects people to beleive the planet Venus can give you sunburn.

Originally posted by gort51

Im interested in the Air Force "Foreign Technology" Office.........

Hey Gort, it may be nothing but whilst looking to see who Major Quintanilla's superiors took their orders from (Colonel Eric de Jonckheere via Brigadier General Cruikshank) came across this page which describes how Cruikshank returned as Commander of the Foreign Technology Division (formerly ATIC) in 1964 -only when Bluebook was closed down in 1969 did he then resume duties as deputy chief for Military Airlift Command at Scott Air Force Base.
Cheers.
edit on 22-4-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Major Quintanilla disputes atmospherical physicist Dr James Mcdonald's views that the UFO problem has been 'superficially and incompentently handled by the USAF'.

UFO Debunking Laid To Scientist by CIA

The government's failure to fully investigate reports of unidentified flying objects stems, in large measure, from a 1953 Central Intelligence Agency proposal for a systematic "debunking of flying saucers," an Arizona scientist said yesterday.

News Archive - pdf

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Great historical piece from Saturday Night Uforia:

Our Speaker(s) Tonight:
James McDonald, Donald Menzel,
and Hector Quintanilla

Continuing a holiday tradition of presentating fascinating lectures by experts in the field.

www.saturdaynightuforia.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Presentation describing how debunkers Donald Menzel (NSA) and Philip Klass (CIA?) wangled their way onto Project Bluebook during the reign of Major Hector Quintanilla:

Vid

Thread

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join