It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun carrying man ends stabbing spree at Salt Lake grocery store

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+79 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - A citizen with a gun stopped a knife wielding man as he began stabbing people Thursday evening at the downtown Salt Lake City Smith's store.

www.abc4.com

Yet another story proving that crazy people will be crazy people, and that guns can be safely used to stop them, without injuring anyone.

edit on 7/27/2012 by Mirthful Me because: Fixed Link.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
But I'm sure hit like 30 innocent people and other gun nuts started firing in random directions when they heard his shots and every child within 50 miles was immediately sent to an eternity of suffering in the ninth circle of hell.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It was a 'False Flag' to prove that 'Guns are good'

why not? it goes both ways correct?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
It was a 'False Flag' to prove that 'Guns are good'

why not? it goes both ways correct?

Only if you can show some feasible evidence.

First coincidence, it happened shortly after the cinema shootings and now people are talking about gun control.

Any more?
edit on 27-7-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by clayb2004

How much play do you think THIS will get in the national media?
Hmmm.

I wonder if any of the people getting stabbed were ANTI- GUN??

It would be AWESOME in a situation like that to be able to freeze time just before the guy breaks out the knife and go around and ask each person how they feel about guns and do you support my right to carry a firearm?

NO?

Ok, unfreeze.

edit on 27-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

First coincidence, it happened shortly after the cinema shootings and now people are talking about gun control.

Didn't this happen in April..?

Interesting it is being discussed now...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Most guys carrying a CCW are in general decent shots. They will be able to close on the knife wielding nut and plug him a few times without sending bullets in every direction slaughtering innocent children down the street. A round or two might miss and take out the milk fridge behind said knife psycho but the rounds won't be going in every direction.

Guns in the right hands are excellent tools for peace too. Not just for waging carnage.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

Why would it matter when it happened?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I would argue that this guy is even more off his rocker than the Aurora killer. It is one thing to cowardly open fire on unarmed innocents all while behind the protection of body armor and a gas mask, but to start stabbing random people with a knife that you just purchased at that grocery store. Knives are a much more "personal" weapon. He actually touched his victims, and felt the flesh tear.

Perfect example of how someone can purchase an inaminate object and turn it into a weapon of death. This was a grocery store, which probably sold kitchen knives I'm guessing. Is that designed to maim and murder?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Exactly... I'm sure we'll see many more of these "guns are heroes" threads popping up from now on.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

It doesn't matter when it happened.

IMO, it's better it did happen before the Aurora killings. That way people cannot say the pro-gun crowd is staging incidents to detract from the anti-gun movement following the shootings. I'm simply trying to shed light on instances where guns have been used responsibly to end horrible acts of violence.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Exactly... I'm sure we'll see many more of these "guns are heroes" threads popping up from now on.

Neither of you are really addressing the issue a hand though, now are you?

Would you like to try adding your point of view to the discussion?

I'll help you.

How do you feel about what this man did?
Do you think it was

A. A good thing he had his gun

or

B. A bad thing he had his gun.

There, that should get you started.
Now, before you answer a question with a question let me warn you, I will not be derailed.
That is a common tactic used by people of your mentality and I won't allow it.

So, will you kindly provide a DIRECT answer to my question?
(probably not because your ego won't allow it)

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Guns are not heroes. I don't even label the man that stopped this act as a "hero". I choose to think he reacted like myself or any other person carrying a weapon would react at that given time.

I, for one, would be at the very least relieved, had I been one of the shoppers at that store.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Why would it matter when it happened?

and...

Neither of you are really addressing the issue a hand though now are you?

Trying to finish it up now champ, calm down...

Well, I guess it all depends on how one processes this kind of information...

One possible personal take on the this would be that someone with an agenda pushed this 3 month old story to the top of the news stream for the day. A good agenda IMO, but it should be pointed out regardless.

But you already knew this, huh ..? If not, you're better off now guy...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Lol bwahahaha, I couldn't have said it better even if I tried really really hard.

Second line.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Because the anti-gun crowd wants to try to find any little thing to discredit the story and the message that the OP is trying to present.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
to bad there wasn't some manly man there, who has a " imposing figure" who could have gave him a "whoppin". that he deserved before he went to jail.

but we have to settle for, justice in the courts. and no deaths.
edit on 27-7-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Sure, that is a possibility "Champ".

But tell me this "guy",

How do you feel about what this guy did?

Do you think it was

A. A good thing that he had his gun and used it to convince this guy to stop stabbing MORE people.

or

B. A bad thing tha the had his gun and used it to convince this guy to stop stabbing MORE people.

How do YOU feel about this champ?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
to bad there wasn't some manly man there, who has a " imposing figure" who could have gave him a "whoppin. that he deserved before he went to jail.

but we have to settle for, justice in the courts. and no deaths.

lol, nice one.
That is destined to become an insider joke.
You should at least provide a link so people know what in the hell you're talking about.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

thanks, here it is.

the quotes " imposing figure" and "whoppin" come from a member posting on this thread ,www.abovetopsecret.com...who i shall not name in order avoid another pissing contest.[

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join