It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Legally blind SKorean archer sets world marks" story is why you can believe anything the MSM says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Have you seen this headline? I think it is great shooting but the headline is only half correct.

"Legally blind SKorean archer sets world marks"

hosted.ap.org...

LONDON (AP) -- A legally blind archer has helped South Korea set the first world records of the Olympics.

Im Dong-hyun broke the 72-arrow mark with 699 points in men's archery.

My interest was peaked when AP reported that a blind man had won gold at the Olympics and he was on the team which just set a new world record in archery. WOW, I was thinking maybe he had an implant or something but after Googling his name I found out that he is only half blind while his good eye has perfect "20" vision! What a spin! My eye sight is worse than this guys. I had to laugh at the spin. Here is an article from 2011 where this guy refuses to get corrective eye surgery for his bad eye. Don't get me wrong. I can see this guy is a great shot but you really only need one eye to shoot unless you have to watch for other things with your other eye. Actually this might help the guy focus on the target if his other eye but I don't know how he shoots.

what-is-laser-eye-surgery.blogspot.com...

With eyesight of 20/200, Im is legally blind in one eye. He has recently refused offers of corrective eye surgery and insists that he will compete with the assistance of glasses or contact lenses.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'm sorry but this is typical of the BS that surrounds the claim "the msm is lying". The man is legally blind by the definition of what constitutes blindness.

It is you that does not know what legally blind means not the msm that is lying !

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It's just a sensationalized title. Every news person does it. MSM or not. I wouldn't use that as an example of not being able to trust a certain thing. You have to just not be fooled by it.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Unless she is a Jedi

or she is a female NEO and can see everything even with her eyes shut

then she have a trick .. its impossible to do that
that something Criss Angel would do
always fixed
edit on 7/27/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

The man is only half blind ... if some one wants to think that makes him totally blind ... good for you and them but I call it BS....

You are right when it comes to splitting hairs on whats is or isn't the truth ... or half truth.....

Do you know if this guy is shooting with one eye closed? because if he is then his bad eye issue is a mute factor. I don't know I would suspect that he uses his one eye with perfect sight!

new topics

top topics

join