It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Holmes Prophecy/Prediction Thread closed (?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I am in no way trying to undermine the Moderators on ATS or break the ToS for the site but I was tracking a thread where an OP made a prediction/prophecy/something that the alleged shooter James Holmes was going to die tomorrow evening at I believe it was 7:42 (or sometime close to that) Eastern time. This thread is now completely gone.

I have not bought into conspiracy theories with this whole situation regarding Holmes. Before this thread was deleted and even still now, I honestly think that this was a tragic event played out by an individual who was sick and claimed many innocent lives for whatever reasons that the general public does not know. This thread disappearing just struck me as odd because the thread was open for a relatively short time and when I clicked the refresh button a few moments ago to see if there were any new posts, the thread was removed. Now, I do not remember the OP's user name because I was browsing the thread out of interest because of the sheer nature of the claims so could someone verify if he was banned or not?

Now again, I am not in any way trying to undermine or question the moderators I am just trying to figure out what was going on. If this thread in any way does that, I offer my apologies in advance. I'm sure it is a very logical and easily explained answer (i.e. the person was trolling or his/her thread failed to meet the proper guidelines stipulated by the ToS and was consequently removed due to those very reasons), just wanted to do some due diligence.

You know, deny ignorance and whatnot.

Thanks in advance for your help ATS!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SneakySleuth911

I think they removed it because it was a minimal post.

The OP was a one liner that said something along the lines of, "Just wait and see."

That is probably why.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
yea i clicked on it and its 404d. looked interesting too. oh well.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
It was flagged as a troll thread and removed as such. No great loss.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

he asked it to be closed because it wasn't a real prediction just a made up thought for attention seeking

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaeus

This is a very logical explanation, and one that I considered. However, I have seen many other threads posted on this site that didn't offer much more (albeit some) substance than the one in question continue on for several weeks until the thread had nothing more to go off of because the prediction/prophecy/etc was bogus and failed to come to fruition.

Perhaps a situation where because of the delicate nature of the subject the thread was moved to a private Moderator forum for discussion as the best way to handle the situation so as not to upset or further escalate an already tragic event.

I may have answered my one question through my questioning process.

Either way, I do thank you for your response to my question! It is a very reasonable answer.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

all i can say is sometimes the mods like having fun so they keep goofy threads around for the hell of it

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Well the OP did say he was going to ask to have the thread closed.

I've seen other predictions from members in that forum also, but I guess they don't feel the need to follow the guidelines of posting in that forum, hence don't ask for their threads to be moved/closed.

But yeah, holmes will be dead tomorrow at 7:43 or something, holding his stomach and bleeding.

Pretty sure it won't happen. Nothing to say people don't want to do it. But unlikely.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
Well the OP did say he was going to ask to have the thread closed.

I've seen other predictions from members in that forum also, but I guess they don't feel the need to follow the guidelines of posting in that forum, hence don't ask for their threads to be moved/closed.

But yeah, holmes will be dead tomorrow at 7:43 or something, holding his stomach and bleeding.

Pretty sure it won't happen. Nothing to say people don't want to do it. But unlikely.

Agreed. Like I stated, I don't buy into the conspiracy of all of it, just was asking what people thought happened to the thread. Thanks for your reply!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
and when holmes is still alive on saturday - someone will " credit " the " prediction " for " saving " him

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

“He’s claiming his belly hurts him,” the worker said. “He complained once that he didn’t like the food . . . The guy killed 12 people, and he’s upset that he’s not getting a four-star meal?”

Could easily be internal bleeding from poison_

No? I don't have the original quote from the original prediction thread but there's definitely a correlation in that prediction and the above quote on updated quotes from a security guard at the prison that is in another thread here on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-7-2012 by Gumerk because: Clarification

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaeus

I think they removed it because it was a minimal post.

The OP was a one liner that said something along the lines of, "Just wait and see."

That is probably why.

I believe its 8:50pm Eastern time (?), nothing happened and its been put into the hoax area?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Another angle for closing it might have been that it appeared more like a threat. From what ppl said, the one liner could be spun into evidence of foreknowledge rather than a prediction, and we all know how the media would NEVER twist or spin words...

edit on 27-7-2012 by blamethegreys because: took out a thing, added a thing, fixed a thing.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd

all i can say is sometimes the mods like having fun so they keep goofy threads around for the hell of it

Troll bait.

If ATS wanted to really clean house, they'd just start a Jewish v. Hitler thread, and a Black v. White thread, and a Homo v. Hetero thread, and then monitor them and swing the ban hammer on everyone that stepped out of line! Hell, that might be a great idea now that I think about it!

new topics

top topics

join