It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Oreilly versus Jason Chaffetz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Bill Oreilly Bill O'Reilly raged against Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) on his Fox News show Tuesday, after the GOP congressman disagreed with the Fox News host on gun reform.

Bill Oreilly Bill O'Reilly raged against Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) on his Fox News show Tuesday, after the GOP congressman disagreed with the Fox News host on gun reform. O'Reilly criticized the "far-left" for using the tragic mass shooting in Aurora, Colorado to promote gun control laws.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I watched this last nite and my blood started boiling big time either Bill Oreilly is a clueless idiot who just wanted to berrate a congressman, and did not want to listen to the truth.

People call O'reilly a "conservative" which is anything but the truth the video is on the site and should be found on youtube rather easily.

For the record Jason is right and Bill O was sadly misinformed.

What say you?

60,000 rounds ? Wow.

edit on 25-7-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I saw this too, and I got pissed fast, Bill literally didn't know what he was talking about. First he asked "Why was he allowed to buy heavy weapons (which he defines as howitzers, mortars, and machine guns) without being on some type of list?" which the congressman replied as saying something like "Yeah there is, those are all class 3 firearms and you have to do a lot of things to get them" (while Bill is interrupting him the entire time) then Bill asked why the guy was able to get 60,000 rounds (yes 60,000, he actually said this number about 5 times) Bill is seriously a stupid, ignorant person

EDIT: mybad, didn't realize the video was included haha
edit on 25-7-2012 by doesntmakesense because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I stopped giving O'reilly the time of day years ago and I wouldn't stop to piss on the guy if he was on fire. All he does is scream, yell rant and rave. His interviews are just screaming matches. How does anyone watch him without getting a headache?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So OReilly wants "some" gun-control, am I understanding this right? Not very "conservative" of him.

Is Fox now working to steer our opinion towards a more govt controlled society? Thought they were all about small govt.

I guess when Fox starts promoting govt control, we're in the end of days of traditional U.S. freedom.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I go you one better.

I gave up on all but the local news a long time ago. This is my first day back here in over a year and already Im getting a headache. I have been around since 2007 (forgotten passwords and usernames is a pain) and the political griping has gotten increasingly worse here and 100 times worse on the national news stage.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Oreilly is an idiot.

60,000 rounds? Machinegun? Send the FBI (I think he meant ATF) to check on people who order ammo? High-cap mag ban? Worked real well for Columbine, didnt it?

Just like every other anti his position is firmly rooted in ignorance and hyperbole.
edit on 25-7-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yeah ban,ban,ban is all they can think of if the reports were right the hi cap magazine jammed. what Orellly and the gun control crowd will never see the most dangerous weapon in the history of mankind wasn't stick,or stones,or knives,swords,arrows,guns,bazookas,howitzers, and even nukes.

The most dangerous weapon known to man is the human mind can't legislate that can they even tho they sure try like hell.
edit on 25-7-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm so sure this is all about gun control
I never really considered Bill that much of a conservative, for sure never a fiscal conservative
And lately he's been defending Obama alot

But he does have ALOT of clout with his viewers which is huge in numbers

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I'm so sure this is all about gun control
I never really considered Bill that much of a conservative, for sure never a fiscal conservative
And lately he's been defending Obama alot

But he does have ALOT of clout with his viewers which is huge in numbers

Its all theater. I never could stomach O'Reilly even when I was on the bandwagon. I never saw him as a conservative, he was always off on what I thought of as conservative. He probably helped me wake up and realize that what I was voting for had been compromised and subverted.

I'm glad he's not pulling punches on this though - hopefully a lot more people wake up and think "he wants my guns?" and turn him off.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Man I thought bill got signed to HBO for that new show "newsroom"?

No? His show on Fox is actually a news broadcast? Not some joke?

Well the more you know I suppose.

Yeah this whole thing is very fishy and has great timing considering the Treaty coming up and discussing of the 2nd amendment during the election.

I don't doubt they'll use it to try and move gun legislation forward, I just don't 100% know for sure if all of this was orchestrated for that purpose.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
o'reilly is a complete and utter idiot. his technique is amateurish bullyboy meets clueless fool. what a clown.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I don't doubt they'll use it to try and move gun legislation forward, I just don't 100% know for sure if all of this was orchestrated for that purpose.

I am starting to think so "nudge" in the right direction between the shootings in the last 3 years then add Fast and Furious then between the Feinsteins of congress and the Clinton pushing for the Un small arms treaty,

"seemingly isolated" events that when added together makes anyone think twice to look at those events at face value if there is a common thread to tie all those together given the world we live in?

Very possible,very likely.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Bill is a bully. Plain and simple. If the guest disagrees he postures and puffs and gets agitated. Chaffetz doesn't get intimidated...at all. Anyone that watched the FF questioning knows that. I think Bill has been carrying Obama's water ever since his last interview with him. He did not have his facts straight and put forth an emotional straw man argument very similar to that of a liberal.
Conservative....no.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

He doesn't want your guns. The moron thought he had automatic weapons (machine gun) and a howitzer. Now I think everyone should be able to have a gun if they go through a 2 day class to teach them how to use it properly. However, nobody should have an automatic weapon and definetly no person should own a freaking howitzer.

The reason I say nobody should have an automatic is because there is absolutely no reason a person should have one. They suck for home protection and you cant hunt with them.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Class 3 firearms, and paying a $200 federal tax and anyone can own a "machine gun" in the majority of the states in the union.

Under the Federal License of Curio and Relic a person can own a howitzer,or anti aircraft gun all legal and name one person who has used either to "commit a crime" using a bazooka,howitzer,AA gun?

No one.

who the hell brings a nuke,or a howitizer or bazzoka to a gun debate it is nothing but a strawman.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

edit on 25-7-2012 by neo96 because: double post

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah, he is clueless..

Great find, Neo.......

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Oreilly is a tool. He bullies, talks over, and belittles people. He speaks out his posterior, no fact behind the crap he spews.

Someone needs to slap him open handed, upside his head.

Miserable excuse for a human.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

I guess when Fox starts promoting govt control, we're in the end of days of traditional U.S. freedom.

Ya

Fox's Policies are how we should judge our Freedoms.

Really people, grow a Cranium.

new topics

top topics

join