It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm certian that I just saw something extraordinary (need help w/ identification)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
What you are about to read is a true story of an event that took place this night (24.07.12). Nothing is made up or altert in the slightest way, it is important for me that you trust my description of a ...rather unusual experience.

24.07.12.(22:00 Germany/Palatinate Forest):

Witnesses: Friend, Me

While on our way back from a biking trail in the Palatinate Forest we took a brake at the last hilltop before returning home. It was dark outside but we had a magnificent view at the moon,stars and landscape. We stared at the sky for a few seconds and didnt exchange a word. Then something caught my eye.
First it looked like a piece of plastic foil was being blown around the air by the wind and the moon lights reflection made it stick out in the night sky. It didn't really seem to high up, my estimation was about 20-30 meters in (roughly) a 30° angle from my perspective.
I looked away from it and in that moment it dawned on my that I felt absolutely no wind at all, not even the slightest breeze. It took like 3 seconds for my eyes to focus on the object till I realized that it was something crazy. In that very moment, I was in a state of mental "shock"...no, shock is not the exact word I'm looking for, its very very hard to explain. It's when you see something thats completely unannounced, unpredictible, astounishing at the same time. For example: you sit in the passenger seat of a car and you witness a horrible car crash on the other lane (negative example, but happened to me once and it came quiet close to the feeling I had today). You can't move, you can't say anything, you just stare and it seems like you snap out of reality, startled.

As my eyes follow the object across the sky, out of nowhere, I hear my friend saying: "what is that?"
I didn't answer, I couldn't! I put all my focus to figuring out what the heck this was.

What "it" was? Well, we didn't have a camera with us and during the est. 15-30 second sighting, didn't come to think about recording it with our cellphone cameras. You just dont think about something like that! Your senses just cant focus on anything else, you feel like a robot with a malefunction.

Now to the description of this object :

- first looked like a piece of floating plastic foil, then after looking at it exactly i turned out to be 3 white lights in a loose triangle position, there seemed to be something connecting these lights which reflected the moonlight and gave a plastic foil-like impression in the first place, this "material" was loose and didnt have a solid form (like the body of an airplane for example). It adapted to the movements of these lights which were rotating in any possible angle.
- These lights (which represent the object since they were connected somehow) were flying in a straight line across the sky, est. at around the same alltitude commercial airplanes fly (30000 to 40000 feet). The object seemed to be very large, 3 to 4 times larger than a boeing-747. Boeing 747 Information. The lights were not flashin or blinking.
- There was no sound. Not even cars, people or birds. If it was a plane we would've heard it for sure.
- The flightpath of this object was horizontal across the sky and traveled at a very high speed. The sighting didn't even last 30 seconds before it vanished in a cloud right under the moon.

I know this might sound totaly crazy to most of you, but I had the feeling it noticed that it got noticed.
What I mean with that is that the object came to a sudden stop behind or inside a small cloud underneath the moon and rotated in place before it slowly faded out.

Since I dont own photoshop I had to draw it on paint, I am really sorry about the quality but this is the only way I can get out as much information as possible for other people to help me it.

Please help me find out what it could be, this is making me nuts! Did I just see a spaceship? An angel? Floating plasma of some kind? Neither my friend nor me can explain it, we are still pretty shuck up and are telling all our other friends and family. I can only say this much, ...it definetly was a UnidentifiedFlyingObject!

edit on 24-7-2012 by Anim8tr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I would say drones.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

maybe its just me or my career but when someone is giving me an acount of an event or incident and they start waffling on like a script from a novel or movie it just kind of feels like your "taking the piss". or maybe im just being cynnical.
nice story though.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

Do you mean drones of extraterrestial-origin? Cause this object surely didn't look like any drone I've seen so far, and I was stationed at a battalion with people that acctualy testflight the newest recon-and weaponized drones.
It was flying in a way that was close to breaking the laws of physics as far as I can account. Never saw anything seem so unstable yet travel in such a controlled manner.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Anim8tr because: grammar

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender
reply to post by Anim8tr

maybe its just me or my career but when someone is giving me an acount of an event or incident and they start waffling on like a script from a novel or movie it just kind of feels like your "taking the piss". or maybe im just being cynnical.
nice story though.

So far its just you and your career, and I'm not familiar with the saying "taking the piss". Probably cause english is not my first language but thx for the comment!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

Hey Anim8tr

Sounds like you had quite an experience! You sound sincere to me, and I don't know why you'd possibly make this up as surely you're going to get some flack from the "pics or it didn't happen" crew. Great details and well done with the mocked up pictures. You deserve a star and flag for your thoughtful post.

so what was it? It doesn't sound like drones or conventional aircraft. Could it possibly have been balloons tied together or with something between them tethering them together? If not, I couldn't hazard a guess. However as you and your mate are the sole witnesses you need to make the call. What do you think it was?

Cheers!
Westo

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
OP try to put yourself in contact with some painter so we can appreciate better what did you saw.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JackHill

Actually no need for a painter, just came across a video that depicts almost the same thing:

HIKONE UFO SIGHTING / YouTube Link

Exception is that the object was not releasing any orbs like in the video. But other than that it comes very close to the object I witnessed.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anim8tr
reply to post by JackHill

Actually no need for a painter, just came across a video that depicts almost the same thing:

HIKONE UFO SIGHTING / YouTube Link

Exception is that the object was not releasing any orbs like in the video. But other than that it comes very close to the object I witnessed.

Same behavior? Movement? Shape? I'm asking because that particular video seems to be CGI. These are becoming really good these days.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackHill

Same behavior? Movement? Shape? I'm asking because that particular video seems to be CGI. These are becoming really good these days.

Same behavior, not exactly the same movement but same shape (loose triangle form of 3 lights rotating). With all honesty, if I wouldn't have seen it myself I wouldn't think this video was genuine either. I still don't, it just looks like the exact same craft or orbs or whatever it was. I might want to add that the material between these orbs is also another exception that is not visible in this video.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anim8tr

Originally posted by JackHill

Same behavior, not exactly the same movement but same shape (loose triangle form of 3 lights rotating). With all honesty, if I wouldn't have seen it myself I wouldn't think this video was genuine either. I still don't, it just looks like the exact same craft or orbs or whatever it was. I might want to add that the material between these orbs is also another exception that is not visible in this video.

Interesting... strange world we live in huh?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
You saw something weird, that's for sure.

Ok, in answering, I'm going to assume that you aren't hoaxing, and that your friend saw roughly the same thing.

1st possibility: Some form of hologram. Someone for some reason was making a weird picture in the sky using tech that's not known, but not especially more advanced than what we know about now.

2nd: if it's a physical object, it could be from earth or from elsewhere
A: if it's from earth, it's either
I: a technological artifact made using unknown technology
II: a natural phenomenon such as
a: a living creature of some sort with which we are unfamiliar
b: an odd electromagnetic effect or something similar that is unknown
B: If it's not from earth then it's again, either an artifact, creature, or effect
3rd: it could be something from outside our local universal context. if so it could be any number of things such as parallel quantum state interference, something from outside the local causal domain, or something from outside the multiversal manifold in all dimensions (ie a virus on god's computer).

If it's existence is not strictly 100%, then it could be something like a tulpa or thought form, wherein something in human minds create something that is real enough to see and touch but wouldn't exist without those minds.

If the more mystical models of reality are the proper way to understand the event, then it could be a spell taking effect, a demon/angel/otherbeing showing off, a self-replicating pattern of unencoded information hijacking your brains momentarily in order to have expression in the material plane (through the brain changes engendered by your perceptions), or a loa/doodlebug/astral body/thingee going about someone's business.

Or, y'know, something new or rare that we have never heard or thought of. Stuff happens.

You don't have nearly enough evidence to pick any of these options. You don't have nearly enough evidence to exclude any of these options. You do not know what it was and probably never will.

I'm sorry if that's annoying, but, well... life is all about uncertainty. Best learn to start living with "I saw something dang weird in the sky and have no idea what it was."

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I'm curious what you mean when you say "slowly faded out"? I saw something strange here in NY last year. It was a single bright white light, larger than jupiter in the night sky, smaller than the moon. I watched it drift for about 30 seconds and the light slowly faded out (within a few seconds) like a halogen light bulb.

The one I saw was on a cloudless night. Did yours disappear behind a cloud, or just disappear like my sighting?

Right before my sighting I was thinking to myself "what if I turn the corner and I see something in the sky" and sure enough I have my first sighting of something odd. Anything like that with your experience?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I'm going to suggest that you are now one of many thousands of people who have seen a genuine UFO. I've never seen one myself, but I have experienced that WTF? moment as something that's "classic" like that happens to you. For me, it's been paranormal manifestations (objects moved, even tossed into the air) that were obviously not my imagination (a kitchen chair being thrown into a full sink board of dirty dishes certainly wasn't my imagination, since I wasn't the only one that saw it, and we had to clean up the mess) You really do get kind of frozen in place when something like this happens.

I always get a kick out of the crazy "explanations" that are offered by "rational" people who try to bend the laws of logic and reality (like the one guy suggesting that someone projected a holographic image into the sky, for some unknown reason, using a technology that is also unknown) just to have something to offer as a "rational" explanation for what you saw. As if the many thousands of sightings that happen every decade don't gather together as their own form of evidence of the fact that something is being seen in the skies around the world, and whatever it all is (collectively or separately) it's not us.

I love the accounts of people denying that the Wright Brother's contraption will ever get off the ground as the damn thing flew past them in broad daylight. "Nope. That ridiculous thing cant fly, and that's that." Meanwhile, the thing is flying within eyesight of them and the people they were talking to. And both parties were in complete agreement that the Wright Brothers were idiots to even suggest that their invention would ever work.

Delusional thinking exists on both sides of this debate. That much you can be assured of. Just write up a very detailed account and save it for your kids and grandkids. Someday, we'll figure out exactly what these things are/were. You'll be able to share your story of having also been part of this wonderful mystery, and that'll mean a lot to your kids and grandkids.

edit on 7/25/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

If you were referring to my post, I think you'll see that I wasn't offering an "explanation", but rather trying to come up with every explanation to show that picking any single one is pointless without more data. And the hologram thing is actually not very far outside our known capabilities.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

I saw almost the same thing last night around 11pm. I was outside walking my dog and looked up (I always see things moving, stopping suddenly, then moving in a different direction). There was a small white thing really high up and it seemed like it reflected light and it was three rod shaped lights that were connected by I don't know what. It was moving very fast and flashing every few seconds, but it wasn't a plane. It stopped, flashed twice and then doubled it's original speed across the sky. I had my mother come out and look up as it was moving but she didn't see it in time. The whole thing lasted maybe a minute. But this was in New York, so I'm not sure if it's connected?
edit on 25-7-2012 by Magdelene because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
This is it people, after a long time of research on the internet it was right in front of my eyes. I typed "rotating ufo" on youtube and the third video from the top shows you exactly how it looked like. With exactly I mean when I saw the first 3 sec's of this video it gave me instant goosebums.

YOUTUBE LINK

I call out all experts on this one. This is really exciting.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The video looks like a high altitude balloon to me, but I'm not sure.

Every 12 hours, every day, 800 balloons are launched around the globe for gathering weather data as inputs into forecasting models.

That's 584,000 balloons per year. Some will be observed by people.

edit on 5-9-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

top topics

join