It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keep your eye on the ball folks. National crop report indicates $78 billion plus disaster is on the

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The latest crop progress report makes for grim reading.

Nearly half of the nation’s corn fields are now rated in poor to very poor condition.
Corn: 45 percent in poor to very poor condition
The report showed that 86 percent of corn has now silked, which is well above last year’s report of 56 percent. Twenty-two percent of corn is now in the dough stage and 6 percent of corn has dented, compared to the five-year average of 9 and 2 percent.

Soybeans: Setting pods but baking
For soybeans, the news is just as grim. Though 36 percent of the soybeans have already set pods, compared to 16 percent last week, conditions continue to decline. This week soybeans fell by 3 percentage points, with 35 percent of soybeans in poor to very poor condition.

www.agprofessional.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well we all know now the price of food is about to sky rocket get your home gardens together now. Get your organic seeds and start to re learn the lost ways to grow and prosper. This is the perfect storm for GMO crops as they will last longer than there organic counterparts and all the big food outlets will already be using them.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
looks likely that most countries are going to restrict exports. This will cause massive spikes in grain and corn markets as Russia India etc stockpile instead of exporting.

cattle markets are all ready seeing a sharp increase as farmers try to cut loses by selling cattle early to avoid having to buy feed at inflated prices.

some observers saying this could end up as a 1930's type disaster. drought levels already surpassed 1988 and at a similar level to 1950's event.

what I didn't realise was that drought is the most expensive weather disaster.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
People don't realize how much this is going to jack up food prices.
Speculators were adding 10 -15% on top already but this is going to send the markets in to a frenzy.
Prepare to pay double or triple for just about everything you eat by this fall.
If you can stock up now do so and as others have said get a garden going, you can still get a fall crop of certain vegetables.
Meat prices may drop for a little while so fill that freezer if you can.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Very good advice on meat. Prices should be low over the next few weeks.

Dried goods are also worth stocking up on. As long as its kept well rice, pasta etc have long shelf life's.

This will not prevent the cost of living going up but will help mitigate costs.

And be useful in a shtf scenario.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Oh damn! Good thing my parents are gardeners, time to grow our stuff.

Food is about to get ridiculous. Combine that with a crappy economy, we are going down.. and hard. Won't take long for riots to break out.

This will start to break the corporate hold on farming.
edit on 24-7-2012 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I am pretty sure its all just scare tactics to drive up prices, I am pretty sure I heard even with the losses the corn crop will be the 4th largest in North american history??

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slickinfinity
I am pretty sure its all just scare tactics to drive up prices, I am pretty sure I heard even with the losses the corn crop will be the 4th largest in North american history??

If you haven't noticed that since the FEDs money pumping has gone into effect that all commodity prices are up...

the FED isn't getting the message that the people need help not wall street investment bankers..

I think this is more about bad monetary policy than short supplies

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This exact event is what I always said would bring about martial law.

Take away peoples money? they make due without
Take away their standard of living? they make due without
Take away their freedoms? they make due without

You take away their ability to put food in their mouth? They WILL turn primal

Hold on to your hats people, the end of this year is looking like its gonna be a doozy

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Where is reported that regardless of the drought, it will be the 4th largest corn harvest? I dont buy that. Seems like somewhere along the line someones putting out bum info.Either its crap or its not, whats the deal.
I also believe that sheeple can take alot of crap from many fronts, but food will drive them nuts. If food goes through the roof will poor people turn violent first? I assume so. Our local dollar general was robbed today and two people were shot, one in the face! Dont know what is happening in this crazy world as of late, but it is sure happening. I say keep your guns close and your family and ammo closer. Its about time to put that bug out plan into action. I know i will be refining mine to say the least for right now.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Not good for the restaurant industry.

When I have to pay 10-50% higher prices for my supplies, people will complain. But when they get charged the same high prices at the large grocery stores, they just take it in stride.

The little guy is always the culprit it seems

Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

revelations 6-

maybe?

5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Ethanol, the gasoline additive, is made from corn. Watch for the gasoline prices to get jacked up as well. Never waste a crisis, time to put the screws to the consumers.

edit on 7/24/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
new drought report is out on thursday.

This will highlight the major issues.

There has been rain, but not the right type of rain.

nothing sustained over a period of time, too late for corn, no change in sight.

US will go to war soon. Inevitable.
edit on 24-7-2012 by murch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
"A quart of wheat for a day's wages"

so lowest min in country is 5.15, at 8 hours = 41.20 dollars.

so where at roughly 9 dollars at the moment...

just sayin.
edit on 24-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
This exact event is what I always said would bring about martial law.

Take away peoples money? they make due without
Take away their standard of living? they make due without
Take away their freedoms? they make due without

You take away their ability to put food in their mouth? They WILL turn primal

Hold on to your hats people, the end of this year is looking like its gonna be a doozy

McDonald's won't be jacking their prices up -- they can absorb the loss if it means selling more garbage. So people can become more dependent and even sicker...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthart
Where is reported that regardless of the drought, it will be the 4th largest corn harvest? I dont buy that. Seems like somewhere along the line someones putting out bum info.Either its crap or its not, whats the deal.
I also believe that sheeple can take alot of crap from many fronts, but food will drive them nuts. If food goes through the roof will poor people turn violent first? I assume so. Our local dollar general was robbed today and two people were shot, one in the face! Dont know what is happening in this crazy world as of late, but it is sure happening. I say keep your guns close and your family and ammo closer. Its about time to put that bug out plan into action. I know i will be refining mine to say the least for right now.

What's happening is that we are like dogs in a sick dog-fighting operation. Many will no doubt fight amongst ourselves before waking up. Unlike dogs, however, people might figure out what's going on and turn on their masters.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by murch
There has been rain, but not the right type of rain.

Interesting, I thought there was only the wet kind. But I am the farthest thing from a farmer, so I'm obviously ignorant on this.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Went to the store today and 93% lean ground beef is already up. 5.19 a pound.The corn crop is way down this year and it will have a big effect on prices. I hope many have stocked up. We personally have started using the dehydrator and hitting all the specials we can.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
you all say plant a garden, but you aren't seeing the big picture..
what happens when it doesn't produce like the other crops didn't?

You are right in that you better prepare, but instead the strategy needs to be altered to:
"aquire organic seed and keep in a paper bag folded over and kept in a dark place at approx 60 degrees, for next spring."
and secondly:
"can everything you get your hands on into mason jars right now"
"bury some food lower than 18 inches, as thats how deep radiation is thought to penetrate"
"land reclamation is done by planting Cannabis for 4 years in a row, it absorbs bad things from the ground, dispose of cannabis used in this fashion and do NOT smoke it."

if we could somehow get a massive load of trees in the ground this fall we could start combatting the environmental problem they created, but they will just destroy what we plant, this is all pre-planned.

get ready to be stuck on the edge of the dream by swordpoint.
Humanity will prevail, God is good, God is truth, seek him.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join