It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever lose your best friend??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yes, unfortunately I know how this feels..
I lost my best friend of 10years, who I was probably more comfortable with than anyone
The worst part is that I said some pretty # stuff to him the evening before he passed,
I'm sure he knew i never really meant it, and that I loved him very much.

He was at my place till about 1AM, at around 2.30 he suffered basically an aneurysm of the heart at home,
This was caused by a skin condition hardening the walls, He never knew he had anything wrong with him.
This caused him to have a heart attack, I don't wish to go into details but he was starved of oxygen for a long time.

I had about 20 missed calls from his brother in the morning, so i rang and he told me he wasn't very good like,
I had no idea how serious it was till i saw him, i thought we would be laughing and joking about how he did something silly, But that wasn't the case.

I saw him hooked up to machines keeping him alive, expressionless, it was the only thing keeping his body alive,
I was also with him later that day when they turned the machines off.
That was almost 18 months ago and i think about him everyday, I would never be who I am without him.
He was generally healthier than me so it really hit home, he died aged 26.

The only thing you can do is be strong and think of the good times, I'm sure you have many fond memories of your best friend, I know i have many of mine.

I'm very sorry for your loss, and I know from experience words cannot express how you feel.
My best advice is to grieve your friend properly, talk to common acquaintances, it helps a lot to laugh and remember the good times.
The truth is nobody in this world knows what happens when our bodies stop, Personally I believe we have souls that carry on, whether spiritually or in peoples thoughts.

R.I.P Nicky C

Edit
I apologize for not understanding you were talking about a family pet, And yes, it can be just as traumatic
I also feel my post still applies,
All the best.
edit on 24-7-2012 by matt86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Yes to your question.
I am very sorry for your loss.

To anyone that has a pet remember to give your friend some affection every day.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
17 year old Lab/Shepard mix, was a miracle she lived that long, had her more than half my life...

Had to put her down, one day she refused to get out of her bed, and couldn't walk anymore.

Still one of the sadder moments in my life, I feel for you.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Considering you have nothing to lose, ever tried using alternative cancer remedies?

One I found to make sense in theory is maple syrup + baking soda.
Be sure to have baking soda with no aluminum .

You need to gently boil the maple syrup then add baking soda about 50-50.
Mix it well, wait an hour, then it's ready to be eaten.

Your dog would probably not eat it but if you mix it with non-alcoholic beer, he should scarf it right up.

I've heard a lot of people got cured from this, supposedly, baking soda usually kills cancer. But cancer is quite smart and it doesn't, but since it feeds mostly off sugars, it should be fooled to eat this mix and die.
It might be fake theory, but I would definitively try an alternate source or another to save a loved one from cancer if nothing else can be done.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by smirkley

I am sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel, as I lost my best friend years ago as well and still not gotten over it..

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I am lucky enough to still be living with my fur child, but any time I contemplate what is the inevitable outcome of life, it breaks my heart more than anything else I have ever felt. I can't imagine what it feels like to actually go through it. Love, and hopefully some peace to you in these times.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
My best friend named Mel-Lee, a Yorkshire terrier was given to me as a gift when I was born.
I literally grew up with this puppy until she was 17, everyday by my side. Then one day...

I LOVED her, she slept in my bed...smartest dog i've ever witnessed, and she just happened to be mine..

edit on 24-7-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Yes I got over it and found another best friend. Things end. If it was your fault live and learn. If it was the other persons fault get over their transgression or move on.

The best thing to do is suffer a healthy amount but don't beat your self up move on.

Gl

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Did you even bother to read the thread properly?

The OP is talking about his dog.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by votan

Did you even bother to read the thread properly?

The OP is talking about his dog.

no i am at work and i am spazztic today. it happens. The poster above me was talking abotu a dog so probably a pet.

you can have a fall out with a pet. when my gf moved in my doggie nina got a little jealous and attempted to run away. I think it was because i ignored her. I fixed things with her and we are fine now. So as is my comment still stands. I corrected the problem with my dog.

Dogs have personality and understand by feeling. they can read feelings well and can convey their feelings too. When i got my second dog mario, nina was pissy with me for months until she got used to him. I just put up with it. Although at one point i did have a dog that it just didnt' work out even when I tried to work with it. I had to let him go after he bit my sister. I couldn't trust him anymore.

Dogs are friends, so are cats, hell even my fish.

edit on 25-7-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss. I have lost many animal friends throughout my life, it's really tough sometimes. The most recent was one of the hardest. I got a phone call from my mom who had ran over one of her cats that was 18 years old. It was my kitten when I was 10 and always a good feline companion throughout my childhood. What made it so rough was that she has snapped his backbone with her jeep and it was midnight - no vet offices were open and the cat was very lucid and obviously not going to make it. I had to go over there and dig the grave and put it down myself. Really tough to look into a longtime friend's eyes and pull the trigger.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm sorry for your loss also. I had to put my best friend down five years ago and it feels like yesterday. I cried my eyes out for days. I even searched on the web to see if dogs go to heaven. It hurts so much worse because we know our pets are innocent. They love us so much. Please enjoy your time with your best friend and be try to be happy when the time comes because the suffering will be over.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yes. Steve was my best man at both of my weddings. I lost track of him over 15 years ago and have not been able to discern what happened to him. He moved. I moved. This was WAY before social networking. He had stomach cancer but it was in remission. I fear he may be dead now. The not knowing is really a pain in the ass. He wasn't my oldest friend but he was my closest.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
Yes, I am facing that now.

And it sucks.

i LOVE HER.

Yes, I have. His name was Ricky. He came home on leave from 'Nam, and bought a new 1968 GTO convertible. We cruised around in that car all weekend, drinking beers and talking. On the last day of his leave, he told me he was not coming back, that this was his last "hurrah." I laughed this off, and tried to make him take it back, but he was adamant about it, not sad or anything, just sure of it. I saw him off on the plane, and he went back, and was transferred to Khe Sanh, Quang Tri Province, Republic of Vietnam. (South)

I still miss him today.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Once my dog went missing and i was very upset. At that time i felt that i would do anything to get him back and i did.He was stolen and on his way to be sold. A couple years later he died and i had a very good feeling about the time that i had with him and what a blessing he was to me.After he was gone i could clearly see how he got me through some very tough times.

The next christmas after me telling my ex wife that she could not get our boys a dog because they would not take care of it and i would end up getting attached and sure enough it's great cause we have another great dog now that has alot of the same qualities of the other one plus more.

Hang in there and remember the love!

edit on 25-7-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I lost my beautiful Lab-Retriever mix about a two years ago. Ben was my best friend, absolutely the best dog in the world. I think about him frequently, so I know what you are going through. I have felt your pain, and I feel for you. It is amazing how important a dog can be, to a person, to a family. They truly are part of the family. Maybe the best part. They ask so little, and give so much. When my boys were young, they would play in the yard. Ben was always present, either playing with them, or simply watching over them. I say watching over because that is what it really was. If anyone came to the house, or even walked by, he was always between them and my boys. Always protecting, that was his job. I never trained him to do this. It was simply his instinct, and his choice. So I give you this advice if you will. Don't dwell on the passing, of your loyal friend, as we are all here only for a time. Celebrate the life you shared together, remember your best friend, and honer the memory by keeping it alive in your thoughts. You may yet see your friend again...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

All the mediums/psychic's I have read about are all positive that on "the other side" we get to see our beloved pets again, and that when they die, like humans, will reincarnate, often choosing to come back to the same person in a different body to live their lives again with their bestest friend. I would really like to think that this is true, and even if it isn't, you will always remember her as your best friend, and vice versa, and, in time, you will get another little doggy/cat/pet that will be just as special to you, but in a whole new way.

I lost my little jack russel x chihuahua less than 6 months ago, I had her since I was about 10 years old (24 now), and loved her every day of my life, and, as most pet owners do, felt the love recipricated back to myself. So I know it is hard at these times, but life goes on, and I personally think we will get to see them again soon enough. Just remember that she knew you loved her and I can guarantee she loved you back twice as much.

I hope my words have helped you feel even just a tiny bit better.

Take care.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by votan

You've posted twice now, both being irrelevant to the topic of this thread. We're not talking about having a falling out, we're talking about LOSING THEM. Hence the title of the thread. I think "spazztic" doesn't quite do it justice.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Her name is Roxie.

And I know she will find me on the other side,... licking and smiling all the way.

Thanks everyone, sincerely.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CeltAngel
I am lucky enough to still be living with my fur child, .... I can't imagine what it feels like to actually go through it. Love, and hopefully some peace to you in these times.

And that is what it is all about, unconditionally both ways.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join