It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever lose your best friend??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Yes, I am facing that now.

And it sucks.

i LOVE HER.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I'm sorry t hear that. When you say "lose", what exactly are you referring to?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Cancer. That is what I am referring to.

No,... for the naysayers,.. its just my dog.

But I love her.
edit on 23-7-2012 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by smirkley

Dear smirkley,

I am sorry for your loss. It hurts to be separated from our loved ones. I love my dog and know that I will outlive him; but, I enjoy my time with him immensely. I will be very sad when he goes, he loves me so much. He is a chihuahua and they are known to be that way. He is young; but, he will age quicker than me, he already does. I try not to think about when he will be gone and prefer to enjoy his company now. When he goes I will be sad; but, will still remember the time we had together. I am in my 50s and have lost many animals, it is never fun. I am sorry for your loss.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

yes i have lost two of my best friends, both from cancer.
I know how you feel, and dont listen to people who say "it's just a dog" it's way more!

I lost my best mate six months ago, he was a German shephard, he had a lump removed and two weeks later he got sick, the cancer spred to his lungs, I had to get him put to sleep, it was the hardest thing i've ever done

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Yes, I lost my beloved best friend 5 yrs ago
a very sad time. She was 9 and had cancer of the bone. We had the horrible decision to end her pain. Would not wish it on anyone.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Starred all of you, couse you are wirth it

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I miss my puppy. She is a 14 year old sweetheart.

Nobody better.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I posted here a bit ago about having to put my friend (dog) down. It was one of the saddest moments I have had as an adult. I had folks try to tell me that it was just a dog and to get another one (not anyone here) and that just made me more sad. Some folks will never understand how you can love an animal so much, but don't let anyone make you feel like you shouldn't be upset. They become a part of your family, they love you no matter what, you can tell them anything, and sometimes they just know when you need them there. How anyone could not love something like that is beyond me.

I still catch myself looking for mine and my other dog still does the same. I am more sorry than you can know that you are having to deal with this. It hurts. It hurts for a long time, but hopefully the day will come when you can think about her and smile instead of cry.

Both of you will be in my thoughts and prayers. When she finds peace, I hope it isn't long after that you can too.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Thank you.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

yep sorry to hear your loss you welled me up ive lost 2 of the best dogs in 2 yrs ,hows that for luck 1st was kane 11yr old rotty x shepard good old friend/best mate he got diabeties,then came Rra rottweiler,he got a virus,had him from pup until 2yrs old had to put him down,sometimes life gives us a raw deal,but i have now a bitch rotty 4yrs old she is great,I will allways have a dog, they bring me enjoyment ,the best companion, and forever faithfull,now for the tissues..i feel for you.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
Cancer. That is what I am referring to.

No,... for the naysayers,.. its just my dog.

But I love her.

Being a dog does not lessen the impact any, if anything it could be more powerful.
They truly are with you at your side everyday all of the time, they worship the ground we walk on despite our many faults.
My heart goes out to you.
I just sent my old girl off to doggy heaven about a year ago, she had cancer as well.
Her name was wiggles and she was a semi rescue, I got her from my uncle when he passed and she clung to me.
She was a beautiful black Chinese Sharpei, name was wiggles.
Please what was your girls name as I am sure they are gonna be great buds as they painlessly chase squirrels and sniff many butts!
ALL dogs do go to heaven, reason why is it would not be worth going if they were not there waiting for us.
Don't hesitate to find a new dog to rescue you as that is what she would want, you to smile again.
Peace to you and your girl.
Btw, dogs are one of my hot buttons, among the very few truly good things left on this rock we call home.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
I miss my puppy. She is a 14 year old sweetheart.

Nobody better.

I know how you feel mate. My 12 year old girl was very ill but still with us right up to the end, where I had to carry her into the vet because she was not responding to any more treatment.

broke my heart... still does and it's been a few years. Miss that crazy hysterical bunch of bag pipes.. she used to dance around making high pitched squealy noises when I'd come home.. haha.. bless her.

The most timid blue heeler/german shepherd/doberman cross you'd ever see..

I'm so sad for you at the moment. Don't just assume everyone is one of those people who think it's just a dog. They're family. Friends. Companions. I felt no less love for my Kimba than I do for any of my close family.

And that place where you feel her most, in your heart somewhere, will always know and remember her..

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Btw, dogs are one of my hot buttons, among the very few truly good things left on this rock we call home.

Could not have said it better myself.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I know what it feels like to lose a beloved pet, I have lost many through the years. I am so very sorry that you lost your dear friend. I'm sure she has had many happy moments and that you have many beautiful memories to hold onto and cherish. I am sure that she is happy where she is and knows you will be reunited again someday.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I am so sorry for what you're going through.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Im so sorry. Yes I have-3 of them. Mom, Brother and dog.

Mother left me a letter I opened after her passing that said in part....
"Dont think of me as GONE...Im just AWAY for now. We'll meet again"

That helps me.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your lost of your friend.
Dogs are great companions, better then people sometimes.
I have lost a few furry friends in my lifetime, it hurts.
Makes you wonder why somethings live for many years and others for only a few.
Everything alive dies at some point, just life.
All you can do is remember the good times.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Aww man, heartfelt condolences here for you and your loss. I have my first dog now and she is 6. When I even think about the inevitable day, my eyes water up and I sense a loss that will no doubtedly be overwhelming, and honestly I do not know how I will face it. I don't know what will help other than the process itself and time and a little support.
Know though, that there are those who care.
Cyber hugs for you.

Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yes lost my best Friend last year . 13yr old German Shep miss him allot.
Unconditional love is sometimes hard to find in Human Nature.
So sorry to hear this, They become a big part of family and its a shame they dont live as long.
Lucky i have a Soul mate who has been good friend for 30 odd years which helped allot.
I will get another dog for sure Sarloose Wolfhound will be my next one

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join