It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take a deep breath and just take a minute to think things out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
As everyone knows there are all kinds of 2012 threads popping up every couple of minutes on ATS. I enjoy reading these threads very much but they worry me a bit.

What are all these people who are so wrapped up in wanting/waiting/wishing for something to happen going to do when and if nothing happens. I will be the first to say I do NOT know one way or the other but I don't think anyone else does either. I have been running across people who are waiting for ascension, doomsday, aliens, god the list goes on.
ATS is about denying ignorance and well since none of us knows for sure, isn't not at least entertaining the idea that 2012 will come and go with no major incidence sort of ignorant?

I don't want to offend anyone and I apologize if the is another thread on this or I have misplaced this thread. I do enjoy reading the 2012 threads.

Times are really tough out there for a lot of folks and they are looking for answers/hope/salvation. Some of these people are gullible, desperate and easily manipulated. I remember the whole Heavens Gate incident and Jones Town. When people get so wrapped up in their beliefs and they are proven to be false for many death is a way to deal with it. Please don't misunderstand I for one think EVERYONE is responsible for their actions and the choices they make. I am all for some level of personal responsibility.

All I am asking is that everyone take a step back and admit to themselves and everyone else YOU don't know for sure but that is OK because no one else does either. Please be careful with your posts and don't feed into what could turn out to be a very bad situation. By all means keep stockpiling and getting ready just in case

HOWEVER!

Please do not insinuate that YOU know FOR SURE what will happen in less you are willing to provide proof. Because isn't that what this site is all about? The search for the truth/answers. Other wise you are just stating your feelings, theory, beliefs and as we know these things unchecked can be dangerous. I would ask my fellow ATSers to call posters who claim some inside knowledge out. FACTS or it's just speculation and should be worded as such. We get new people here all the time and some of them are quite young and impressionable so please everyone be responsible when posting.

OK maybe this should have been a rant but can you rant and not be angry?

Peace Love and light everyone!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I think that even with "proof" there is no way to know. it's just a mystery and neither believers nor non-believers know what will happen. Only thing to do is wait!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Agreed my friend and no matter what happens this has been an amazing time to be alive.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
Agreed my friend and no matter what happens this has been an amazing time to be alive.

Indeed.

Enjoy the ride. Otherwise, you're just gonna be miserable

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz

HOWEVER!
Please do not insinuate that YOU know FOR SURE what will happen in less you are willing to provide proof. Because isn't that what this site is all about? The search for the truth/answers. Other wise you are just stating your feelings, theory, beliefs and as we know these things unchecked can be dangerous. I would ask my fellow ATSers to call posters who claim some inside knowledge out. FACTS or it's just speculation and should be worded as such. We get new people here all the time and some of them are quite young and impressionable so please everyone be responsible when posting.

I always snicker when I read the threads on ATS about 2012, compiled by people who seem as though they know a secret nobody else does. I bet they were kids who opened Christmas presents early, destroying what was to be a time for a joyful occasion.

There is something to be said about the element of surprise, and I will be one who does not open the present early by stockpiling, and spreading fear.

Life is for living, not speculating and fear mongering.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I agree, it will be interesting to see what happens if nothing happens at this point (I started hearing things about 2012 something like 22 years ago prob.). Or what happens if something does happen. Either way, 2012 wrap-up will be interesting.

I do want to comment on your statement that this site has some tie to PROOF. Have you seen many of the threads on here, heh? This site has its winner material but also its loser and absolute joke material. Proof is about as common on this site as snow is in the summer.

You want PROOF and science, stick to sciencedaily dot com, heh. This site is a grand mix.

edit on 7/23/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
well I will say this,
I am prepared for the worst and if nothing happens,. well I am eating free for a year..
will be utility bill free for a long time

new topics

top topics

join