It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the mouth of God, living Prophet, advisor to Mitt Romney and the world, Thomas S. Monson and Hi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I am not what can be considered a religious person. Spiritual yes, but not religious.

Most people think it is important to take into account the religious beliefs of US presidential candidate, hence the Muslim labels that were thrown at candidate Obama like mud at a man with a white suit on.

As if a Muslim were unworthy, oh the Hypocrisy of religion.

I am curious what people think of candidate Romney's relation to the living Prophet and His Apostles and the influence a living Prophet would have to the leader of the free world. Especially those that would cast their vote for him.

In the words of a Mormon churchmember, "a prophet preaches, predicts, and prescribes according to the revelation of God. He is the Lord's mouthpiece to His Church and to the world."

So speaking to this Thomas S. Monson would be like talking to God himself. Would Romney say no to God? Would anybody?

I profess to being a creature of no religious propensity, but if the mouth of God were speaking to me, I would probably listen!

Does the existence of a living, breathing Prophet of God offend those of the Christian or Muslim faith? Will this fact influence your vote?

mormon.org...

en.wikipedia.org... (not much info here, more of an advertisement)

His assistants;
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

The Apostles;
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Well, ther you go. the Living Prohet and his Apostles. Bow your head in the presence of the Mouth of God.

Going off on a tangent here, but why are they all old white guys? Is this an accurate representation of the population they represent?

Looks like Scientology's ugly older sister. I mean, c'mon, you
couldn't find ONE token black guy to be an Apostle. Or beige, yellow, red. We are a nation of many colors, wake up made up religions.

So, to all who would vote for Mitt. Are you ok with him being influenced by the Mouth of God?

Peace.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sure, im ok with our commander in chief having a belief in a higher power. Hell, even our national motto "in god we trust" indicates a relationship with something we would call a higher power. Now, for being influenced by a person, who claims to be a prophet for god affecting the decisions of a politician? I wouldnt worry about it, lobbyists pay better than god does.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There's something about the Mormon church and the FLDS that produces a higher-than-usual number of prophets claiming to be the mouth of God. Warren Jeffs, Thomas Monson, etc., all the way back to it's founder Joseph Smith.

Here is the Church's home page for Monson;
mormon.org...]Who is the Mormon prophet today?

Monson's position though I suppose (not being a member of that church) is similar to the Pope, who is also (according to Catholics) a prophet of God and his mouthpiece.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
As a christian, I certainly take in the canidates beliefs.

But not for the reason you may think...

I see other Christians, I see fanatics, and people who use the faith for their advantage.

I also see beliefs and Ideals that do not Equal what I view America stands for.

For example, the SCOTUS already ruled on abortion, As a christian it appalls me, but As an american I would not want anyone in power who would violate the constitution because of their beliefs...

I want some one who can put aside their deep personal conviction and DO THE JOB we hire him for.

I didn't like bush equating his actions with god, and I certainly wouldn't want romney doing the same.

So because I am a Christian I do not want a Fanatic running the country.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The above post says it all..................

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

The Mormons speak of Jesus in their own words. The words match that of most Christian Faiths.

Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world and the Son of God. He is our Redeemer. The Holy Bible teaches us that Jesus Christ's mother was Mary, His father on earth was Joseph, that He was born in Bethlehem and raised in Nazareth, and labored with Joseph as a carpenter. When he turned 30, He began a three-year ministry of teaching, blessing, and healing the people of the Holy Land. He also organized His Church and gave His apostles "power and authority" ( Luke 9:1 ) to assist in His work.

But what do we mean when we say He is the Savior of the world? The Redeemer? Each of these titles point to the truth that Jesus Christ is the only way by which we can return to live with our Heavenly Father. Jesus suffered and was crucified for the sins of the world, giving each of God’s children the gift of repentance and forgiveness. Only by His mercy and grace can anyone be saved. His subsequent resurrection prepared the way for every person to overcome physical death as well. These events are called the Atonement. In short, Jesus Christ saves us from sin and death. For that, he is very literally our Savior and Redeemer. In the future Jesus Christ will return to reign on earth in peace for a thousand years. Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and He will be our Lord forever.
LINK FROM MORMON.COM

They are also Builders (MASONS).

Jesus referred to the Builders who reject the Capstone. The Capstone is the Cornerstone, which is Christ. The question would be, "Do the Mormons reject the Capstone?" It's hard to tell. All churches have differing doctrines, but there is only one Gospel.

This is what one Leader says:

"In bearing testimony of Jesus Christ, President Hinckley spoke of those outside the Church who say Latter-day Saints 'do not believe in the traditional Christ.' 'No, I don't. The traditional Christ of whom they speak is not the Christ of whom I speak. For the Christ of whom I speak has been revealed in this the Dispensation of the Fullness of Times. He together with His Father, appeared to the boy Joseph Smith in the year 1820, and when Joseph left the grove that day, he knew more of the nature of God than all the learned ministers of the gospel of the ages.'" (LDS Church News Week ending June 20, 1998, p. 7)."

In this sense, I would say we are all a version of this difference in belief. We all have differing views. The thing that confuses the Mormon religion is the same as that of the Muslim. In each of these religions, the reflection of Jesus comes from an angel that came to deliver a different Gospel to them. The Bible warned of this.

Galatians 1:8

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

The final word on this is to look at the Gospel they preach. This is hard to pin down since they have continuing revelation. Thankfully, their doctrine has continued to come closer each year to the true gospel. There is no doubt they have learned from past mistakes.

Here is their current Gospel statement:

"The Gospel: “The ‘good news’ of God’s plan for the salvation of mankind. At the center of His plan is the Atoning sacrifice of His son Jesus Christ, in whom alone salvation is possible. In its fulness, the gospel includes all of the commandments, principles, ordinances, and covenants whereby human beings can be forgiven of sin, overcome the world, and attain immortality and eternal life in the kingdom of God.”

This is typical of any Christian church. If they embrace the chief cornerstone of the church, then they are following the Christian faith. The Bible says to know them by their fruit. This indicates that it's all about what they do and not what they say.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

this covers Mormons and Muslims in my opinion as both claim an angel came with a new gospel to them...

And yet both claim the bible holds truths.

I wouldn't want anyone in that office who would chose their faith over the constitution, and as a Christian I know I would have trouble doing that...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by forevertruepatriot

lobbyists pay better than god does.

I think someone with Christian perspective would have to disagree with you there.

Its hard to compete with everlasting life, not to mention what that would cost in dollars.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

I think someone with Christian perspective would have to disagree with you there. Its hard to compete with everlasting life, not to mention what that would cost in dollars.

And that was my point, he would go with his faith rather than the established rule of law.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Thank you for your levelheaded response, I wish more shared your point of view.

new topics

top topics

join