It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Bill of Rights

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

There are literally hundreds of thousands of jobs worth of infrastructure that needs repairing/rebuilding/constructing. Nearly every bridge on every interstate needs work. There are huge gaps in the interstate network that need filling. There is a lack of water out west that needs to be fixed. We need dams and pipelines to correct that. Road projects alone could fill the gap between private jobs and workers needing those jobs.

Our space program is a joke right now. We should have bases on Mars and Luna. That would fill hundreds of thousands of jobs.

But no. We spend trillions on bombs we don't need. Who does that help? We have the money to end unemployment. We do not have the will. We do not have to force the citizens to hire anyone. That is the beauty of the solution. We can jump start the economy and provide full employment easily and without raising the budget a penny.

And housing? The government owns literally millions of homes thanks to the housing collapse. The current plan is to sell them for pennies on the dollar to billionaires who will then destroy them or rent them out at currently unaffordable market rates. Why not make them all low income housing and rent them to the downtrodden? That would integrate neighborhoods and put people in homes they can afford. We have resources, but not the will. Why should a billionaire get to buy homes for next to nothing when we can get value for our money and help people in the process? Again without hurting those who make the economy go.

It is not stealing or forcing anyone to give away their time or property. We already have both and do not need to steal in order to do it.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by narwahl

Whaaaaa......?

Could you explain to me how you made the connection between forcing someone to provide something for another without choice and damaging someone through criminal or negligent activity?

I'm totally confused....

TheRedneck

PS: Thanks for the political association hint. Without others telling me what I am, I would never know,since I keep bouncing between liberal, conservative, Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Constitutionalist, centrist, patriot, traitor, and everything in between.

edit on 7/23/2012 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

As I said: the whole "that's slavery if I can't provide it myself"-thing pops up a lot lately, mainly from libertarian leaning folks

Anyway:
1) I can't force anybody else to provide a service.
2) Defending my life or property is a service others can provide for me, or I can do it myself.
3) If you are unable to defend your life or property, why should I be forced to pay taxes to fund police and courts?

It's just your premise, taken to an area (Law enforcement services) that you didn't think of as "other peoples services" yet, they are.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join