It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Proof of Real Mermaids?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This show was on the Discovery Channel last week. It shows compelling evidence that mermaids are real. WHAT!?
This blew my mind! What do you all think about this? Watch the full video before responding, please.
Sorry, I can't embed this video here from the website. Please click on the link.

Mods, if I have this posted in the wrong forum, please place in proper place.

dsc.discovery.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If you're refering to the video of the "mermaid" attack the actor in that commercial for the documentary, I'm going to have to say no.

Come to think of it this was brought up on ATS before, and confirmed that this video was simply a clever way to promote the documentary. If I'm not mistaken, there was a video a lot longer than this that is filmed in a mockumentary format.
edit on 22-7-2012 by MmmPie because: Addition of info.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Seriously?.....you think that video is some sort of "proof"?.....seriously?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
in the red sea...in egypt....they have another theory...

the princess of the sea,,,

mammals...similar to humans

i think thats where it came from

peace

edit on 22-7-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

This has been totally debunked. Not only on ATS, but also by the main stream media. Even the discovery channel has come out and said it was all fictional.

Des

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
When threads like this come up I always go see what thread is being pushed down the list.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by sled735

Seriously?.....you think that video is some sort of "proof"?.....seriously?

No, I never said it was proof. I asked the question if it was proof. I see in the posts I already received, this has been debunked.
I just watched it, so I wasn't aware of this fact. I figured it wasn't real, but with so much happening lately, I don't put too many things out of the realm of possibility.

edit on 7/22/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/22/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Now don't tell me you didn't know mermaids are real, no really, you're kidding right???

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by sled735

This has been totally debunked. Not only on ATS, but also by the main stream media. Even the discovery channel has come out and said it was all fictional.

Des

Thank you for that input. I have not had time to find that, as I only watched it last night. I knew if it was, the members would let me know right away. And you came through immediately.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by sled735

Now don't tell me you didn't know mermaids are real, no really, you're kidding right???

Just seeing what the members here thought about this, that's all.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

No, I never said it was proof. I see in the posts I already received, this has been debunked. I just watched it, so I wasn't aware of this fact. I figured it wasn't real, but with so much happening lately, I don't put too many things out of the realm of possibility.

No you didn't say it was proof....but you asked if it was proof, therefore insinuating that you weren't sure if it was proof......common sense should have told you that this is not proof, common sense should have told you that a video of a boy finding a mermaid on a beach, that rises up and screams at him like something out of a cheap horror B movie is not "proof" of anything other than the power of advertising.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by sled735

Just seeing what the members here thought about this, that's all.

But I have to admit that video made my heart skip a couple of beats

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
This show was on the Discovery Channel...

Unsubscribe

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
They prefer the term "Merperson".

Any other term is racist, ignorant and incredibly insensitive.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

reply to post by sled735

No, I never said it was proof. I see in the posts I already received, this has been debunked. I just watched it, so I wasn't aware of this fact. I figured it wasn't real, but with so much happening lately, I don't put too many things out of the realm of possibility.

No you didn't say it was proof....but you asked if it was proof, therefore insinuating that you weren't sure if it was proof......common sense should have told you that this is not proof, common sense should have told you that a video of a boy finding a mermaid on a beach, that rises up and screams at him like something out of a cheap horror B movie is not "proof" of anything other than the power of advertising.

Yes, my "common" sense did in fact tell me this. But, also, my common sense told me that I couldn't have been pulled down out of my bed by unseen hands, but it happened. So..... common sense doesn't apply to everything.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

reply to post by sled735

Woah dude, chill out. You are taking her question a bit personally, don't you think? It is established that she now knows it has been debunked and she has said as much. Why be so hostile? Were you dumped by a unicorn or something?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
in the red sea...in egypt....they have another theory...

the princess of the sea,,,

mammals...similar to humans

i think thats where it came from

peace

edit on 22-7-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

Thank you, thePharaoh. You're the first one that hasn't slammed me on the floor!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
lol well you kinda asked for it.
I'll look forward to you next thread, maybe about santa claus?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

reply to post by sled735

Woah dude, chill out. You are taking her question a bit personally, don't you think? It is established that she now knows it has been debunked and she has said as much. Why be so hostile? Were you dumped by a unicorn or something?

Thank you for coming to my defense, Cuervo. I was eating supper, and about spewed my food everywhere when I read that. Thanks for the laugh!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
There are more than a couple people on this forum that will argue that mermaids are real, and will cite this as proof actually. Blocula is a big fan!

I understand you now realize it isn't real, but I am surprised and a little concerned that you needed ATS to fill you in the the fact. I know we want to have open minds but this should have been pretty obvious. By the way, if any Nigerian Princes contact you, they are lying =)
edit on 7/22/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join