It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise Surprise: Olympic Weather.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Oh look! The UK was in drought throughout 2012, then funnily enough, June and half of July turn into a monsoon season and we get an insane amount of rain and bad weather to sort out the drought, and then THE WEEK of the Olympic opening ceremony... it goes back to being Summer.

Utter coincidence I'm sure.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Lots of "coincidence" going around these days.

Must of been a clearance sale somewhere...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The weather is starting to get me really really angry at the start of every day. Who do I complain to?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
They have been cloud seeding since the 50s. And ineffective "hail cannons" have been in use since 1902, why is it such a surprise to people they would do it for a big event. In fact the Olympic opening ceremony director has said they might cloud seed on the day for effect.

There will even be an artificial cloud to produce rain, to reflect typical British weather.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

In 2001, the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) investigated rumors that the RAF had seeded the clouds over England. They turned up first-person accounts of some of the pilots who were involved in a top-secret mission called Operation Cumulus. During this August 1952 operation, RAF pilots flew above the cloud line, dropping payloads of dry ice, salt and -- like the Chinese currently use -- silver iodide. After just 30 minutes, rain began to fall from the infected clouds. At first, the RAF pilots -- dubbed rainmakers by the press -- reputedly celebrated their success. But within the week a deluge began. By the end of the month, North Devon, an area of England near the site of the cloud-seeding experiment, experienced 250 times the normal amount of rainfall [source: BBC].

On August 15, 1952, the day the rain started, an estimated 90 million tons of water coursed through the town of Lynmouth in just one day [source: The Guardian]. Entire trees were uprooted, forming dams and allowing the tide of the two rivers flowing through Lynmouth to grow even stronger in force. Boulders were carried by the current, destroying buildings and carrying residents into the sea. In all, 35 Britons lost their lives that day as a result of the torrential rain. Britain's Ministry of Defense maintains that it had not experimented with cloud seeding prior to the Lynmouth incident.

science.howstuffworks.com...

It is no secret that this goes on.
edit on 22-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nostromo85

the weather is going to be nice this week then go crap for the Olympics. Normal British summer will resume. No one is controlling our weather. If they were, why not for the Queens Jubilee when it pissed it down. Was that just to lull us into a false sense of security.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

thinking that was the point of the OP

link   
I bet whoever thought of the pretend clouds and real genuine fake rain for the opening ceremony feels like a real eejit now

link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

What, after all they dolled out on her little barge and tea party concert?! Naaah, she can have rain.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

I thought he meant it was some type of conspiracy. When it should be common knowledge

Looks like they won't need that 'fake' cloud now since it seems it is going to piss it down all by it self.
Unless they do it before hand so it isn't raining through out the whole thing

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Must be the chemtrails.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The monsoon we just had coincided with some quite large solar flares so I'd guess that was the cause.

Do they control the weather? I bet they try too.

Whats that old saying about the british weather?.....the one thing you can rely on is that you cant rely on the british weather!

and btw, I heard it reported that it was the wrong kind of rain so we're still short of water

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
what are you talking about?

there might be a few good days?

why do you think there is going to be any great improvement. the olympics don't start until Friday. What are you talking about? I am sure it will be raining again by the end of the week.

Thread really doesn't make sense?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Well it's in the rant bit because its not a conspiracy theory or anything. I'm just laughing at the British weather and the jetstream and how it seems to have cleared up in time for the Olympics. I've not sat down with long distance forecasts, scheming up a little theory for ATS or anything, hahaa.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

oh, i do apologise.

i thought you were implying that someone was influencing the weather.

didn't realise it was just a rant.

new topics

top topics

join