It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New video from Kim Dotcom message to Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This is the guy who got arrested for Megaupload.
It still angers me that American corporations took him down, pathetic.

Lold at his twitter account,, such a cheeky guy.

edit on 21-7-2012 by Datadayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Datadayne

as a kiwi i am appalled at what happened to kim in our contry,
we are not all like that and many support you kim

dont distroy the net for hollywood

xploder

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
That was a awesome song S&F

I will end the night on a good note.

peace

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I couldn't sit through the whole song..
But I also agree that Kim Dotcom is being served injustice.
Hopefully he wins out in the end.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
How is pirating movies and tv shows considered "fighting for freedom"?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

So everything uploaded to megaupload was copyright material huh? I didnt know this. What about that time when I uploaded a 1.6gig video I took of my trip to Niagara Falls. That was copyright ye? Oh and that time I uploaded a texture pack mod that I spent months working on.

Megaupload is merely a tool. How its users use the tool has nothing to do with Megaupload, and they should not be liable for its users actions. Why dont we go sue those bastards who sell knives, there are dozens of victims stabbed to death every month.

If you had a large file (lets say some videos of your last family visit) that you wanted to send to friends who lived in another country,,, tell me how would you send it to them?
You could:
*Mail it to them. That will take weeks, and cost shipping. Oh and you will have to burn it on a dvd, which means you will have to convert the raw video file first,, which means you will need to buy a video to dvd converter.
*you could email it to them, that is if the video file is small since most email providers have an extremely small limit to the size of your attachment.
*You could wait until they come visit you in a few years and show them then.

OR you could upload it to Megaupload and send your friends the link.

Microsoft is doing the same thing with skydrive,there is dropbox, rapidshare, hotfile, filesonic, fileserve, wupload, megashare, and dozens more. Lets take them all down why dont we.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

i blame my spoon for making me fat,
BAN ALL SPOONS.

do you see?

its not the spoon

xploder

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
One thing about Mr. Dotcom - love him or hate him, agree or disagree with his message, it cannot be denied that he hasn't hesitated to live large, in every sense of the word.

Dotcom has long been a controversial and flamboyant figure. Pictures of the Megaupload founder online show him with yachts, private jets, and Playboy bunnies in exotic locations such as Monaco, Cuba, and Brazil. According to court filings, prosecutors are seeking the forfeiture of $175 million, dozens of bank accounts, as well as sports cars including Mercedes-Benzes, Rolls-Royces, and Lamborghinis (with vanity plates such as "God" and "CEO").

Dotcom has claimed to be worth more than $200 million, and is said live "largely behind the walls of the mansion surrounded by bodyguards," according to the Deutsche Presse-Agentur.

After being arrested in Bangkok in a 5-star hotel, due to a request by the German embassy, Dotcom threated to kill himself online on his birthday in protest. He said on his website that "the real Kim Schmitz" is no more, and that he wants now to be called "His Royal Highness King Kimble the First, Ruler of the Kimpire." He was eventually deported from Thailand to Germany where he was detained in 2002.

More at Source (Fastcompany)

edit on 7/22/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Datadayne

So everything uploaded to megaupload was copyright material huh? I didnt know this. What about that time when I uploaded a 1.6gig video I took of my trip to Niagara Falls. That was copyright ye? Oh and that time I uploaded a texture pack mod that I spent months working on.

Megaupload is merely a tool. How its users use the tool has nothing to do with Megaupload, and they should not be liable for its users actions. Why dont we go sue those bastards who sell knives, there are dozens of victims stabbed to death every month.

If you had a large file (lets say some videos of your last family visit) that you wanted to send to friends who lived in another country,,, tell me how would you send it to them?
You could:
*Mail it to them. That will take weeks, and cost shipping. Oh and you will have to burn it on a dvd, which means you will have to convert the raw video file first,, which means you will need to buy a video to dvd converter.
*you could email it to them, that is if the video file is small since most email providers have an extremely small limit to the size of your attachment.
*You could wait until they come visit you in a few years and show them then.

OR you could upload it to Megaupload and send your friends the link.

Microsoft is doing the same thing with skydrive,there is dropbox, rapidshare, hotfile, filesonic, fileserve, wupload, megashare, and dozens more. Lets take them all down why dont we.

Well then the other users ruined it for you. You have other avenues to share your home videos, that should be enough.

Megaupload is breaking the law by allowing their users to upload pirated content and then not removing it. Things like that have consequences. One just cant yell "Freedom" and expect it all to be swept back under the rug.

new topics

top topics

join