It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From The Dark...Come Back To The LIGHT!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to post this...however, since it is my own philosophy of sorts...I decided to post it here.

My feelings won't be hurt if it's moved to an off topic forum.

Having said that:
Can we just STOP fighting and arguing with one another long enough to see the Big Picture!!!!!!

Something is wrong...we obviously All feel it...whatever IT might be???

Otherwise, why are we all members or lurkers on an "Alternative" site? We are here b/c we look at things a little differently from most and, we get a hunch when things just don't add up.

We should all try to learn from one another...expand our perspectives and views.

We are wasting our time trying to feed our own egos!! (just a generalization...no offense to any member in particular)

When we should be trying to open our eyes a little further into a reality beyond what we experience on the surface.

Not only that, we should also be trying to open other people's eyes as well....

Of course this is just my opinion and I felt an extreme urge to express it..which is a bit uncommon for me so...

That's all I have to say....about that.

turned into more of a rant...probably should be moved.
edit on 21-7-2012 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Things are beginning to descend in to a state of chaos, but this is how it's meant to play out - darkness before light.

I agree that many ATS members have had the veil of deception removed, and are more holistic in their view of life, so should consciously try to be more LOVING and ACCEPTING during these times.

Keep your sh.t together people !!

Good Message Magestic - Peace to You

S&F

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

Can we just STOP fighting and arguing with one another long enough to see the Big Picture!!!!!!

Do you not see the conflict between these two statements?

If the Big Picture is that bad (and it is!) then there is every reason to push that big picture into everyone's head. And the big picture isn't hard to see if people understood what human nature is, compare it to human history, and then notice what's going on in the world today.

And the big picture is:

WAR! And not just 'over there somewhere'.

If America survives there will be government takeover and complete disintegration of not just the rights of U.S. citizens, but human rights all over the world.

Nuclear weapons WILL be used this time.

Israel will fall.

America will fall.

England will fall.

The picture is THAT big and THAT bad!!!

edit on 7/21/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You are correct! Most of the time people don't won't to be told and fail to listen to messages which are attempting to assist them.

We all experience darkness but our inner spiritual light will always guide the way.

All the best to you, Love and peace is true!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archangelelijah

You are correct! Most of the time people don't won't to be told and fail to listen to messages which are attempting to assist them.

We all experience darkness but our inner spiritual light will always guide the way.

Love and peace is NOT true! It had never been true and it never will be true. It is not in our collective nature. Show me an historical account of just a hundred measly years where there were no wars in the world?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

I just feel that the energy we use to fight is wasted...

It could be put to a much better use in my opinion.

Thanks!!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Do you not see the conflict between these two statements?

If the Big Picture is that bad (and it is!) then there is every reason to push that big picture into everyone's head. And the big picture isn't hard to see if people understood what human nature is, compare it to human history, and then notice what's going on in the world today.

And the big picture is:

WAR! And not just 'over there somewhere'.

If America survives there will be government takeover and complete disintegration of not just the rights of U.S. citizens, but human rights all over the world.

Nuclear weapons WILL be used this time.

Israel will fall.

America will fall.

England will fall.

The picture is THAT big and THAT bad!!!

edit on 7/21/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

I can honestly say...no.

I don't see a contradiction because I'm perhaps looking at it from a completely different perspective than you...there in lies the beauty of intellectual exchange....which was pretty much my point.

I didn't say that I perceive the "Big Picture" as necessarily BAD...I just think we should all look beneath the surface of what is perceived as the mainstream "truth and norm".

Then, try to have a civil exchange of our different thoughts and ideas.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

To you as well...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Love and peace is NOT true! It had never been true and it never will be true. It is not in our collective nature. Show me an historical account of just a hundred measly years where there were no wars in the world?

Maybe not Peace...but you cannot deny the presence of Love.

It Is Everywhere my friend!

It's not exploited because it's so powerful...But, it is all around you if you are open to it.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Maybe not Peace...but you cannot deny the presence of Love.

It Is Everywhere my friend!

It's not exploited because it's so powerful...But, it is all around you if you are open to it.

What good is a sliver of love when a giant redwood is about drop on our heads, with the whole forest in flames?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I guess you are correct. Most people don't want to be told and fail to listen. They want to run away from the big picture by spewing spiritual sentiments that will do nothing to change the course we're on. Better to focus on the dandelion growing out of a crack in the highway than to hear the roar of the tractor trailer about to smash them into oblivion.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Just my opinion but, a sliver of love is worth just as much as a sliver of hate....perhaps even more.

It's a lot easier to hate than it is to love.

It's also my opinion that our life experiences shape how we view the importance of Love and Hate.

Even more reason to share our opinions and ideas....

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I guess you are correct. Most people don't want to be told and fail to listen. They want to run away from the big picture by spewing spiritual sentiments that will do nothing to change the course we're on. Better to focus on the dandelion growing out of a crack in the highway than to hear the roar of the tractor trailer about to smash them into oblivion.

Maybe they aren't running away from anything...maybe they are trying to change things in a way some are not able to understand yet...

Who am I to say or judge?

Who are you to judge?

Are you actively trying to change the course we are on?

If so, share with others so that the chances that we can actually change the course are improved.

I'm honestly not trying to be rude...hope I didn't come across that way.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Why does everybody think that there "must be something wrong" in our world today?

Are we just that ignorant of history, that we've forgotten about the terrifying past?

Does anyone remember World War I, and the use of chemical warfare?

How about World War II, and the detonation of the atomic bombs?

Do you think the people who were alive during the collapse of the Roman empire were living in a less troubled world than us?

How about the people turned to ash and dust and stone during the devastating eruption of Pompeii?

Are our fears about imagined government New World Orders more terrifying than the meltdown of Chernobyl?

How about things a little bit closer to home, like the collapse of the World Trade Center towers. Our frenzy, fury, wrath, and unity 11 years ago... are things so much worse now?

Did the protesters massacred at Tienanmen Square live in a world so much better than ours?

How about the destruction caused by hurricane Katrina, or the Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami? Are the people of Japan and New Orleans living a better life than us?

The real problem is that everyone believes there is a problem. There's not. The government is full of idiots, it always has been. Are the stripping away our freedoms? Let me ask you: can black people own land, and do non-slave jobs? Can women vote, and run business? Can immigrants have a say in the politics of our country? Can children enlist to serve their country? Can you come online and post, openly, about the vile, evil government?

Yes, you can.

There is no problem. It is all in your heads.

It's time to put the fairy-tale games about galactic overlords to bed..

Grow up, and become a functioning members of society.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Just my opinion but, a sliver of love is worth just as much as a sliver of hate....perhaps even more.

It's a lot easier to hate than it is to love.

It's also my opinion that our life experiences shape how we view the importance of Love and Hate.

Even more reason to share our opinions and ideas....

Let me quote you:

The big picture has to do with what is in our face, loud and clear, and plain as day. Your sliver of love is utterly irrelevant in the world today. The world is all about hate. It's all about fear. It's all about manipulation by the very powers that we put into place. A sliver of love can't fix it. But, I tell you this: you might as well go on believing that love is the answer, because no matter if we face the atrocities coming at us, or run away into a land of denial and fairy tails, bad things are going to happen. Very bad things. And, for some reason I think you know it.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Maybe they aren't running away from anything...maybe they are trying to change things in a way some are not able to understand yet...

Who am I to say or judge?

Who are you to judge?

Are you actively trying to change the course we are on?

If so, share with others so that the chances that we can actually change the course are improved.

I'm honestly not trying to be rude...hope I didn't come across that way.

Judge? Oh, I'm not judging, and I'm not trying to be rude either. I am scared to death. I don't have the answers to what cannot be stopped. But, as my signature says, I'd rather have no idea than to live with the wrong idea. Peace and love may be felt on a personal level, but it has absolutely nothing to do with us as an entire species. Throughout history we have always fought and killed and hated and destroyed. We cannot change this path. It simply isn't in our nature.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

My best advice would be to focus more on the positive.

"My feelings WON'T be hurt..."

and...

"Can we just STOP fighting..."

versus...

"My feelings will be OK..."

and...

"Can we just get along..."

Just by focusing more on the positive things will began to shift.

Focus on what is wanted, and when there is something you do not like, focus on its opposite or focus on other qualities of it that you do like.

Or even better, just recognize it as an experience from which you can learn and still focus on your peace and spreading peace to others anyway.

All is well. ^_^
edit on 22-7-2012 by arpgme because: added thoughts

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I agree with your sentiments but it's extremely difficult to convince someone of 'something' when they have not experienced it themselves, or even have the desire to discover it.
But as ever, we await their eventual catch up because we love them and they are ours as we are theirs, and we are not going anywhere without them

I also think information should be shared as they never know what someone else may come up with who comes from a different prospective to their supposed learned ways.
I have come across very well educated dumb people and uneducated smart people, go figure....

I probably didn't add too much to your thread, sorry

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

This is your opinion jiggerj, and I respect it completely...I just happen to disagree.

Of course there is bad in the world...there always has been. Just as there has always been some good. We live in a dualistic existence so they go hand in hand.

I understand where you are coming from..truly. We are bombarded by hate and fear everyday, everywhere we go.

I don't recall saying that love would fix all the problems in the world...I would just rather to try and be filled with love and respect for others rather than hate and fear. Those emotions are already in abundance as you pointed out and are the exact emotions I think tptb want us to have.

I try very hard not to give into it for that very reason. Of course I'm not perfect nor immune to it...I am only human after all.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
I agree with your sentiments but it's extremely difficult to convince someone of 'something' when they have not experienced it themselves, or even have the desire to discover it.
But as ever, we await their eventual catch up because we love them and they are ours as we are theirs, and we are not going anywhere without them

I also think information should be shared as they never know what someone else may come up with who comes from a different prospective to their supposed learned ways.
I have come across very well educated dumb people and uneducated smart people, go figure....

I probably didn't add too much to your thread, sorry

No, you added very much! Thank you for your insight.

And you are right...it does sort of boil down to experiences and the willingness/desire to discover.

Thank

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join