It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From The Dark...Come Back To The LIGHT!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Why does everybody think that there "must be something wrong" in our world today?

Are we just that ignorant of history, that we've forgotten about the terrifying past?

Does anyone remember World War I, and the use of chemical warfare?

How about World War II, and the detonation of the atomic bombs?

Do you think the people who were alive during the collapse of the Roman empire were living in a less troubled world than us?

How about the people turned to ash and dust and stone during the devastating eruption of Pompeii?

Are our fears about imagined government New World Orders more terrifying than the meltdown of Chernobyl?

How about things a little bit closer to home, like the collapse of the World Trade Center towers. Our frenzy, fury, wrath, and unity 11 years ago... are things so much worse now?

Did the protesters massacred at Tienanmen Square live in a world so much better than ours?

How about the destruction caused by hurricane Katrina, or the Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami? Are the people of Japan and New Orleans living a better life than us?

The real problem is that everyone believes there is a problem. There's not. The government is full of idiots, it always has been. Are the stripping away our freedoms? Let me ask you: can black people own land, and do non-slave jobs? Can women vote, and run business? Can immigrants have a say in the politics of our country? Can children enlist to serve their country? Can you come online and post, openly, about the vile, evil government?

Yes, you can.

There is no problem. It is all in your heads.

It's time to put the fairy-tale games about galactic overlords to bed..

Grow up, and become a functioning members of society.

~ Wandering Scribe

Thanks for you input Wandering Scribe...duly noted.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I like your signature!

And I really wish you weren't scared to death....

Although I can understand why you feel that way.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I absolutely agree...

It takes a lot of mental and emotional strength to maintain positive focus and intent.

But, it's also something I work on improving every day...heck...every minute!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You're welcome.

To clarify: I don't mean that bad things don't happen. They certainly do. Only that we need to take off the ideological blinders, causing us to think that our time, right now, in the 2000s is the only time that the sh*t has ever hit the fan.

Our parents and grandparents found a way to carry on, through so much more than we have experienced. We do them a disservice by believing a few cultural disasters suggests we're suffering so much.

~ Scribe

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

You're welcome.

To clarify: I don't mean that bad things don't happen. They certainly do. Only that we need to take off the ideological blinders, causing us to think that our time, right now, in the 2000s is the only time that the sh*t has ever hit the fan.

Our parents and grandparents found a way to carry on, through so much more than we have experienced. We do them a disservice by believing a few cultural disasters suggests we're suffering so much.

~ Scribe

I understood completely what you were trying to convey....and it makes sense.

I think the difference between our current state of existence and that of our ancestors is information overload!!!!!

We have information coming at us faster than ever before...we have more access to it. Technology has changed our way of living.

Maybe our minds have not adapted yet to such a huge influx information and change...especially considering the fact that most of our modern technology is relatively new...

I'm a Gen X'er and when I needed to look something up...I had to go to the library. If I wanted to do research, I went to the library or borrowed books from like-minded people...and that wasn't very long ago from a historical perspective.

In today's society, information is at your fingertips for the most part.

Perhaps too much too fast?????

I don't know?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
Throughout history we have always fought and killed and hated and destroyed. We cannot change this path. It simply isn't in our nature.

Throughout history we have always loved, sat down together to eat in friendship, dreamt a lot of beautiful dreams, explored life and this universe and had a lot of babies. We cannot change this path. It simply wouldn't work any other way.

Humanity can be seen as one group travelling on one big road but I rather view them as many different roads each with one individual. Those roads are infinite but appear finite to the traveller and all that matters are the obstacles the individual imagines to be on the individuals path. You can put slivers of love or hate on there or pictures of death and destruction and all kinds of suffering, humanity has a lot of examples. But however it may be all those obstacles will one day fade away just as the human body will for the individual.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79

Throughout history we have always fought and killed and hated and destroyed. We cannot change this path. It simply isn't in our nature.

Throughout history we have always loved, sat down together to eat in friendship, dreamt a lot of beautiful dreams, explored life and this universe and had a lot of babies. We cannot change this path. It simply wouldn't work any other way.

Humanity can be seen as one group travelling on one big road but I rather view them as many different roads each with one individual. Those roads are infinite but appear finite to the traveller and all that matters are the obstacles the individual imagines to be on the individuals path. You can put slivers of love or hate on there or pictures of death and destruction and all kinds of suffering, humanity has a lot of examples. But however it may be all those obstacles will one day fade away just as the human body will for the individual.

Throughout history we have experienced love individually. As tribes, societies, and nations we kill, kill, kill. History is very clear on this. We were and are brutal savages.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
there always has to be darkness before light. Its always dark in a room before you turn the lights on. You cant put more darkness into an already completely dark room but you can always increase the light...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I'm right with you on the information overload. I am very good at using Google to find my way to an abstract of anything that I want to learn about, but I'm also smart enough to realize that anyone, anywhere, can put any information they want on the web about whatever topic they desire.

Lies breed like flies on the internet.

Like you, I still trust in good, old fashioned, type-written books. If someone took the time to write it, find an editor, and a publisher, and then laid down enough scratch to have it bound and marketed, I'm going to believe their findings, and information, a little more readily than the random guy from Alabama who made a 3-step point-and-click website.

I've still got an actual library in my house; four walls of bookshelves and a tiny little door.

~ Scribe

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonro
there always has to be darkness before light. Its always dark in a room before you turn the lights on. You cant put more darkness into an already completely dark room but you can always increase the light...

Well said!!!!

"you can always increase the light"

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I'm right with you on the information overload. I am very good at using Google to find my way to an abstract of anything that I want to learn about, but I'm also smart enough to realize that anyone, anywhere, can put any information they want on the web about whatever topic they desire.

Lies breed like flies on the internet.

Like you, I still trust in good, old fashioned, type-written books. If someone took the time to write it, find an editor, and a publisher, and then laid down enough scratch to have it bound and marketed, I'm going to believe their findings, and information, a little more readily than the random guy from Alabama who made a 3-step point-and-click website.

I've still got an actual library in my house; four walls of bookshelves and a tiny little door.

~ Scribe

It's good to hear that you don't fall for everything you see or read on the net...hook, line and sinker, when it comes to modern day journalism.

Information has become a commodity in many ways...

Maybe it has always been that way...

I don't really trust hard bound, published books as absolute truth either. That just happened to be my only resource of information...

I'm always reminded of the saying that goes somewhat like this:

The winners of Wars are the ones that write the history

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Conflicts always arise. But look at epochs like the Chinese period of enlightenment, when the Ottoman empire owned the world (some conflicts during that time, nothing major) and the Egyptian dynasties (cant have wars when your tossing up pyramids hm?).

Just because the Europeans have a hard time doing it don't think others aren't capable.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
reply to post by jiggerj

Conflicts always arise. But look at epochs like the Chinese period of enlightenment, when the Ottoman empire owned the world (some conflicts during that time, nothing major) and the Egyptian dynasties (cant have wars when your tossing up pyramids hm?).

Just because the Europeans have a hard time doing it don't think others aren't capable.

How did these empires become empires? How did they remain empires? By constantly being at war with other countries.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

Can we just STOP fighting and arguing with one another long enough to see the Big Picture!!!!!!
Not only that, we should also be trying to open other people's eyes as well....

Do you not see the conflict between these two statements?

If the Big Picture is that bad (and it is!) then there is every reason to push that big picture into everyone's head. And the big picture isn't hard to see if people understood what human nature is, compare it to human history, and then notice what's going on in the world today.

And the big picture is:

WAR! And not just 'over there somewhere'.

If America survives there will be government takeover and complete disintegration of not just the rights of U.S. citizens, but human rights all over the world.

Nuclear weapons WILL be used this time.

Israel will fall.

America will fall.

England will fall.

The picture is THAT big and THAT bad!!!

edit on 7/21/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

I think that if they're going to attack us in some way, it won't be nuclear. I think we will be attacked using biological or advanced technological weapons that can do the job without years of nuclear fallout.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join