It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My life and my view of the world around me is changing daily. Is yours ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Me, Im a laid back guy that grew up with my grandfather who shared his values and love of life with me. Some would say that Im "Old school" where manners and respect for everything around me is a major part of who I am as a person.

Im at the age (54), where I am enjoying my own grandkids and hopefully passing on some of the traits my grandfather left it me. Ive lived a good life so far having been a senior manager and advocate for both kids and adults who had special support needs and now I have my own photography business. I hope this intro gives you a feel of who I am.

What I have felt since 2009 was, at first disturbing, but now Im in awe of the roller-coaster Im on and greatfull to be alive at this time. I am of firm belief that a world changing event has been and is taking place. I witness it daily in the behaviours of my neighbours, friends and nature around me.

Ive felt the anger as I view the changes the world governments promote and shed a tear at the injustices perpetrated on the weak or poor by those who have power and financial influence. Recently though I have come to realise that everything that is wrong in the world is about to change and I know for certain that we must suffer for that change to take place.

I have no religion, so my feelings are not based on faith. They are based on a knowledge that I have always known that this time would come and I was here to witness it. Forget the trivialities, make peace with your family, friends, enemies and tidy up the left-overs of what was before.

I know many others are feeling the way I do, some identify it and some feel angry, frustrated and lost because as yet they have not accepted their inner feelings that tell them now is the time for change, whether we want it or not.

Respects to you all.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I have no religion, so my feelings are not based on faith. They are based on a knowledge that I have always known that this time would come and I was here to witness it

Care to elaborate on this statement.

I am interested in hearing more. Is it knowledge or a feeling ?

Thanks, Ned

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I feel exactly the same! the world is changing, people are becoming more ignorant and really getting on my wick! i want to move onto a farm where there are no people, i dont like human beings in this day and age...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

Going back to my time with my grandfather, he made me believe I was special and through his teaching I feel more at home with nature than I do in city spaces. He taught me to understand the ways of the animals, and especially the birds, we used to sit quietly and the wild birds would come and sit on us.

As a teenager I would get a feeling of euphoria by asking myself why I was here. I would watch the world around me knowing everything I saw was for a reason...I was here for a reason. This is the knowledge I speak of.

The animals I have are all well known to me and they are also changing. Habits are changing as are their characters. Maybe I should have said...I have chickens, ducks, dogs, cats, rabbits a grey squirell, and have many visitors that come to my garden. I am still able to hand feed most of the birds that come into the garden..

I hope I have gone some way to answering your question. It is difficult to explain.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Hmmm....

Even with all the doom and gloom, the ignorance, the stupidity, I still have a great love for life, and have taken the little things, that I once took for granted, and embraced that, to the fullest. The World, is only closer, because of Technology. If it all crashed, I believe people would easily fall back into the "old school" way of living. That's just my humble two cents, of course........

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

That's a great response, thankyou.

Only yesterday I posted on a thread about animals being multi-dimensional. not sure if you saw the thread - here it is

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nature does teach us a lot. I totally agree with where you are coming from.

Things are changing and fast, there's no doubt about it. It's time to make peace with yourself and those around you. Find your centre and live from truth. There isn't any other option right now.

Peace to You

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Me, Im a laid back guy that grew up with my grandfather who shared his values and love of life with me. Some would say that Im "Old school" where manners and respect for everything around me is a major part of who I am as a person.

Im at the age (54), where I am enjoying my own grandkids and hopefully passing on some of the traits my grandfather left it me. Ive lived a good life so far having been a senior manager and advocate for both kids and adults who had special support needs and now I have my own photography business. I hope this intro gives you a feel of who I am.

What I have felt since 2009 was, at first disturbing, but now Im in awe of the roller-coaster Im on and greatfull to be alive at this time. I am of firm belief that a world changing event has been and is taking place. I witness it daily in the behaviours of my neighbours, friends and nature around me.

Ive felt the anger as I view the changes the world governments promote and shed a tear at the injustices perpetrated on the weak or poor by those who have power and financial influence. Recently though I have come to realise that everything that is wrong in the world is about to change and I know for certain that we must suffer for that change to take place.

I have no religion, so my feelings are not based on faith. They are based on a knowledge that I have always known that this time would come and I was here to witness it. Forget the trivialities, make peace with your family, friends, enemies and tidy up the left-overs of what was before.

I know many others are feeling the way I do, some identify it and some feel angry, frustrated and lost because as yet they have not accepted their inner feelings that tell them now is the time for change, whether we want it or not.

Respects to you all.

I've changed as well. I no longer get upset with my fellow man over perceived wrongs. I've decided to love them more just for trying so hard to find their way too. Things are reaching a fever pitch and cannot go on forever. I know that a major change will be ugly, but frankly, I feel it's time to drop all of the old methods, rules, and thought patterns that no longer serve humanity. You wouldn't build a beautiful addition onto a crumbling shack, you would tear down the shack and start fresh. And I have to tell you, I would rather see that fresh start come sooner than later.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm currently in the process of 'being raised' by my grandfather, even though i've taken a lot more responsibility in the past months to a year due to his rapidly failing health. he's taught me what it means to be a man.
so thank you for this read, it's very re-assuring it all works out in the end.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I can say that I stepped into one of the cars of the same roller coaster. I can't honestly say I don't care, but all the people who know me have seen an attitude of indifference brewing in me for a long time. My life is blissfull actually, in contrary to what I see for some others. I've had my share of crap, too. Maybe I am sitting in it now and don't know it. Regardless, I resign to watch and wait, while helping people who are nice to me.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The "Quickening" is upon us and I say bring It!!!

And my vengeance will be just and sure upon those that crossed me... you know who you are!!

www.youtube.com...

edit on 21-7-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Hi captiva,

I went through this about a year ago, I started to take it all in and started responding to myself. And what I mean is the real person under the ego, under the fear, buried under all of the distractions of our over saturated lives. I started to find joy in acts of kindness , I was amazed by the simplest act of nature. I felt in tune with the world. I felt awake is the best descrition, or as christians would say I could feel the holy spirit.

Explore it, and embrace it. Everday we wake up to a new world where anything is possible.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

So glad to find your thread...it was so refreshing and consoling to read.

I've felt very much the same as you for most of my life. I also spent a lot of time in the country while growing up and about 5 years ago, I started to feel a deep urge to move back. My spouse always wanted to live in the country but, never did So, we planned and saved and finally, last year we lucked out and came across the perfect home for us.

We've been here just over a year and I have to say....it was the best thing we could have done for our family.

My kids get to play and fish in the creek, we started a big garden that our youngest loves to help in and our oldest cannot wait to get more animals for him to take care of...we got him four chickens a few weeks ago and he absolutely loves taking care of them.

I love that they are interested in nature and prefer to be out in it...I love how curious they are about things and the hundreds of questions they ask.

I feel very fortunate to be able to give my kids this kind of childhood.

It's also been amazing for my own sense of peace and well being...It's much more relaxing here and much easier to relax. Instead of walking out to a concrete cul-de-sac, I walk out to grass and trees everywhere. Instead of looking out and seeing a bunch of houses, I look out and see a bunch of beautiful mountains.

I love being able to sit on my front porch in the morning, with a big cup of coffee and not feeling obligated to chit chat with folks before I'm even awake. The only thing that might interrupt my morning routine now is an occasional deer or two and, I really don't mind that at all.

My only regret to moving to the country was that we didn't do it sooner.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It's amazing to see this change happening in people. I can't put words on it, I can't fully understand it myself, but I have a feeling that we'll be alright in the end when I read the thoughts of people like yourself.

I've always tried to be as adaptive as possible and take everything that happens to me as an experience I should learn from. Far too many people are so set in one way, not realizing that the world is always changing and we must change with it. If I had to guess, I would say there is a new paradigm approaching.

top topics

join