It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This An Alien Craft

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by danaBLAF
Highly doubtful

Thank you from the bottom of my heart on this very intelligent and profound reply to my thread.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by carbonlifeform

I have tried to photograph birds with it with little luck. An eagle proximately 200 meters hi would appear a speck of couple of pixels on the image, and you would notice it only if you knew where to look on the image

More blurds.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Thank you for taking time assembling this collection, some of those are very interesting while some are suspicious at least.
It would be nice to hear your thoughts on my case since you are very respected member on ATS.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I think you have captured a bird in flight. A bit closer and a faster shutter speed may have shown something like this:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

If this is the case...invest in a camera. What a waste of time trying to master taking photos with a phone... The only thing phones on cameras are good for are blogs and filming friends doing something stupid.

As far as the pictures you've posted there is absolutely nothing there. Hopefully someday you will be able to find something though, while using something that will actually provide you with decent evidence.
edit on 21-7-2012 by MmmPie because: spelling

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBoilingFrog

Originally posted by BagBing

Originally posted by carbonlifeform
My estimate is that the object on second image is between 7 and 15 meters in size...

How? If you never saw it, you have zero reference for size.

Most likely a bug. Or a bird.
edit on 21-7-2012 by BagBing because: (no reason given)

Possible unlit Chinese lantern p-erhaps?

LOL now that was funny. I'm sure you realize that a Chinese lantern requires heat from the candle in order to go aloft. Yeah these are all bugs, birds and Chinese lanterns. Oh I forgot one - balloons.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I have tried to photograph birds with it with little luck. An eagle proximately 200 meters hi would appear a speck of couple of pixels on the image, and you would notice it only if you knew where to look on the image

More blurds.

So do you have all of these cataloged? I mean how do you find them so quickly to use as examples? Very impressive.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
LOL now that was funny. I'm sure you realize that a Chinese lantern requires heat from the candle in order to go aloft.

Not if they're powered by alien technology! But then they'd be Alien lanterns...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

More blurds.

So do you have all of these cataloged? I mean how do you find them so quickly to use as examples? Very impressive.

Phage posted them to me on this thread. Do you actually read sometimes or just jump in and comment right away at very first thing you see?? Please spill your wisdom elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by carbonlifeform
Do you actually read sometimes or just jump in and comment right away at very first thing you see...

If YOU read the post, you'd realise he was answering Phage.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I am far from being an expert in the field of Ufology but in my opinion it appears to be nothing more than a mixture of methane and carbon dioxide produced by bacterial degradation of organic matter.

The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
edit on 7/21/2012 by mikelkhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie

If this is the case...invest in a camera. What a waste of time trying to master taking photos with a phone... The only thing phones on cameras are good for are blogs and filming friends doing something stupid.

As far as the pictures you've posted there is absolutely nothing there. Hopefully someday you will be able to find something though, while using something that will actually provide you with decent evidence.
edit on 21-7-2012 by MmmPie because: spelling

What a waste of time from my side answering to people who don`t read whole thread as it progressed and then posting their input with all facts on mind. But hey lets all remain courteous and civilized. Like i said to one member I do own dslr semiprofessional camera. I studied photography for three years and i know my way in camera mechanics and optics and whole technology around analog and digital photography. Hell if I knew detail camera specifications about shutter speed and aperature I could tell you approximate speed of the object since it is clearly visible on image that it is moving from left to right and that blurriness on the right side can be shovn by right contrast adjustment in photo editing software.
People please read first.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall
reply to post by Bilk22

I am far from being an expert in the field of Ufology but in my opinion it appears to be nothing more than a mixture of methane and carbon dioxide produced by bacterial degradation of organic matter.

The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
edit on 7/21/2012 by mikelkhall because: (no reason given)

Keep it up, people like comedians and jokers.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Hell if I knew detail camera specifications about shutter speed and aperature I could tell you approximate speed of the object since it is clearly visible on image that it is moving from left to right and that blurriness on the right side can be shovn by right contrast adjustment in photo editing software.

The shutter speed was 1/250, aperture 2.8. And just because it's available, the focal length 6mm and ISO 100.
But none of that will tell you the distance, size, or speed of the object.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I know you want this to be something unusual or unexplained, but many on here have seen it a million times before. Although it goes against what you *want*, sometimes wisdom comes through accepting what others more experienced have to say on certain matters. Really, your photo is a bug/bird/litter. There's nothing whatsoever to indicate otherwise.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I think you have captured a bird in flight. A bit closer and a faster shutter speed may have shown something like this:

I would probably agree with you if we would commenting some similar photo on some other thread, but in this case i must disagree. Birds just didn't show up on photos taken by that phone. I would give it far less then a 1% chance that it`s a bird of some kind, but it would have to be a far much bigger bird than that from your link, and there is no really big birds over here. And if there was a big bird I would surly saw it with my eyes. Moving things tend to attract my attention.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Moving things tend to attract my attention.

Unless they are alien craft?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Hell if I knew detail camera specifications about shutter speed and aperature I could tell you approximate speed of the object since it is clearly visible on image that it is moving from left to right and that blurriness on the right side can be shovn by right contrast adjustment in photo editing software.

The shutter speed was 1/250, aperture 2.8. And just because it's available, the focal length 6mm and ISO 100.
But none of that will tell you the distance, size, or speed of the object.

I was going to calculate possible distances based on the OPs guestimate, focal length and sensor size, but I can't find any nokia specs which give precise sensor dimensions, which makes everything else useless. I can't even use a distance haze guess because of the amount of contrast applied in "camera".

The OP owns a 20D (I own a 30D) so will be well aware of a phones limitations.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
IMO looks like a bird.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Even IF that blur thing was a craft you can't jump to conclusion that is an alien craft, it would be just an UFO at best.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join