It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, how must we react to something we HATE?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
You are clearly young and just staring out, then. I'm over 50 years old, and have 2 children probably about your age. One just finished up her education and landed a job. The other is rather "drifting".

One day your youth will have passed,and you'll be in the position to make your own choices and live the way you choose. Stay strong and strive to be true to yourself, do what you must, and that includes living in a family unit, but remember in the end it's "your" personal journey. No one can really show you the way.

It's like walking through a thick, dark, scary forest, on a tiny path, where you have to think on your feet just to survive, and no one can go with you to your destination. Some can call out to you from their own path and try to lend guidance, but you are the one who must walk it -- alone -- until you find yourself out of the forest, on the other side, where you can rest easier in who you truly are.

(and you're welcome)

Thanks Wild, thanks for the advice and encouragement. I wish my parents had a little of you in them, they're about the same age as you. We live in Philippines which is a poor 3rd World country but I've been to quite a few countries which included USA and New Zealand.

A few things about me, not really young, I'm 30 going 31 soon. But a young Christian? Yes and No. No because I've been a lukewarm Christian since 13. Yes because I'm experiencing a spiritual revival I have never encountered before. Trials and Tribulations are in fact blessings. I would not have understood the Bible as it should be if I haven't gone through these huge sufferings in life. Just a word of caution to Christians, if you are actively seeking to avoid suffering, pain, and your goal is ultimately to retire in life in comfort, you could miss a huge chunk of what true Christianity really is. Comfort and stability in this world as I have come to realize is not compatible with Christianity/Jesus' teachings. I'm speaking of this not as what I know but from what I have experienced. I could tell which one is infinitely better and comfort and stability in this world is definitely not it!

It might be a surprise to some but poverty does not make one less 'worldly' or motivated by the pursuit of wealth. In fact, my observation was the opposite. We have people here make chilling declaration that money is their god!!!

The mix of western culture since Philippines was invaded twice, first by Spain, then USA. (Japan doesn't count I suppose) then the rampart poverty proved to be disastrous to the spiritual growth of the our people. Poverty + western ideas = 'In money we trust!'

If you've been to Philippines you'll know what I'm talking about. If someone is honest enough to tell when you're going out here. They don't tell you to watchout for terrorists, they tell you to watchout for people with smiling faces coming at you, they only want you for their money!! This is the culture we have, the worship of money in poverty!

I'm not saying Christians in USA or New Zealand are safe. I've lived quite a few years there to have experienced and know what Western Culture really is. Read the Bible, Pray to God to reveal to you on how you should use your life according to God's will. The average American or Kiwi family has enough resources to make a huge impact in the lives of those living in poverty in the most desperate places of the planet. Those hobbies and long weekend vacations we spend a lot of time and money on, it would literally stop many deaths in these places! I mean how can you enjoy your life with the knowledge that many many people are absolutely without hope, without opportunities, got nothing to eat and even dying and you could have made a difference!! Positive thinking will not save these people, often not even prayers! You'll have to act, you'll have to move to make a difference! Even giving money is not enough sometimes, you have to be there!

And God's Will is not a mystery, it's in the Bible too! Don't always depend on your preachers or pastors for answers. I don't think they are on a conspiracy to keeping the whole truth from us. I think most of them means well to their members on the spiritual growth. But if you grew in this watered down truth, eventually, you'll think and believe it's the whole truth!
edit on 21-7-2012 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join