It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndFUTURE
It does sound like mind control. Especially since he just stopped and gave up. And police were already stationed there according to Fox News.

he stopped just like the norway killer did for one simply reason.

so he could get his 15mins of fame. the killer is receiving minute to minute coverage across the plnaet now.

experts have pointed out before that these incidences should get no coverage becuase it only encourages others. of course if you stop the media coverage then everyone starts shouting conspiracies.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I hear what you're saying, but if it were that simple as you put it, why couldn't all those cops take down two well armed, well armored gunmen in the video I posted.

I'm thinking with the adrenaline that flows, and all the panic that ensued it would be very difficult to pull off what you're saying. Especially knowing that your life and others' lives are on the line.
edit on 20-7-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

link   
what the hell is it about this movie?????

I'm only bringing this up because it struck me hard enough to have already posted BEFORE this happened.

Rotten Tomatoes had to shut down their whole comment section for this movie, days ago, because of Death Threats being made and so many of them, apparently, they described it as being totally beyond the ability of their staff to control. It was against people critical of the movie...but it was the first time in that site's history they had to shut it down like that and are now discussing major changes to how their whole system works related to it. Thats a huge..'staple' type of website for movie reviews and whatever the hell happened, shook them THAT badly.

now this? Maybe he picked this movie..this time.. all by random or for pure, cold, evil reasons of logistics and numbers. however, the fact I was just posting the same question..word for word, as I opened this msg with, within the last day or two, makes it impossible to not think about.

link   

Originally posted by sailorsaturn92
I live about 2 minutes away from the Theatre, i have a friend that was shot in the neck during the movie. It happened shortly after the movie started, i guess some guy entered through the back exit doors, and threw 2 canisters of tear gas and once they blew up, he started shooting. It was done by one person. A name was given out of who the Suspect was. A couple videos can be seen on youtube. They already caught the person. Im not sure what this world has come to. I also seen a baby of 3 months was taken to the hospital. Sad sad times.

So sorry. How is your friend? A neckshot sounds life-threatening?

link   

Originally posted by zatara
Crazy mf'rs like the shooter give the federal authorities an excuse to check your ID when entering a shopping mall....or for hat matter, entering any public building/ space. Can be a good thing tho....?

It wouldnt have accomplished anything. So they check his ID and frisk him when he comes in and buys a ticket?

He still propped the emergency exit (which is required by law) open so he could walk to his car and suit up to come back in and do what he did.

All the frisking and checking in the world wouldnt have made any difference in this case.

They would have had to put security and agents at every door, window and vent around the entire building as well as load the parking lot with patrolling police (which apparently there was and still that didnt help).

That brings up a question. If the cops were there anyway doing traffic and crowd control did any cop see this kid come out, dress up and walk back in? They were right outside to stop him as he left but not right outside to stop him before going in?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

And people that kill people usually does it with a gun. It's still shocking to me how easy is to get a gun and ammo in the US, and how in love some of you are with your guns. It's probably the only thing I will never understand about northamericans. There's nothing GOOD about a gun and no real reason to have one, it has no real utility other than do harm either to humans or to animals, it's baffling that many people don't see it.

link   
A suspect is named James Holmes, a 24 year old is one of the alleged gunmen involved in this nightmare set of events. Can we dig up more info on this guy, and the threat comments on the rotten tomato thread are most assuredly connected. I expect police are in progress of tracing all of the I.P. addresses and rounding up more suspects.

I expect there will be a further incident, not a copy-cat, directly linked to this first shooting. It's not over yet so stay alert.

link   

Originally posted by Lannister

Originally posted by reverandrandy
*URGENT*

Obama just said, that the people shot at the theater had plans for the future.
I am so grateful that our precious leader has brought that to light.

*END URGENT*

They wouldn't have built that future on their own. Government does that.

You know the only thing going through Obama's mind during his non-emotional speech was.... Damn those people could have been registered Democrats.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I'm only bringing this up because it struck me hard enough to have already posted BEFORE this happened.

Rotten Tomatoes had to shut down their whole comment section for this movie, days ago, because of Death Threats being made and so many of them, apparently, they described it as being totally beyond the ability of their staff to control. It was against people critical of the movie...but it was the first time in that site's history they had to shut it down like that and are now discussing major changes to how their whole system works related to it. Thats a huge..'staple' type of website for movie reviews and whatever the hell happened, shook them THAT badly.

now this? Maybe he picked this movie..this time.. all by random or for pure, cold, evil reasons of logistics and numbers. however, the fact I was just posting the same question..word for word, as I opened this msg with, within the last day or two, makes it impossible to not think about.

Let's not forget about Heath Ledger too. Something about the Batman series.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
reply to post by getreadyalready

I hear what you're saying, but if it were that simple as you put it, why couldn't all those cops take down two well armed, well armored gunmen in the video I posted.

I'm thinking with the adrenaline that flows, and all the panic that ensued it would be very difficult to pull off what you're saying. Especially knowing that your life and others lives is on the line.

The Hollywood shootout was a different story. Those guys were well-prepared, had a flame-thrower, and were dressed like TANKS! They didn't just have some bullet-proof vests, they had heavy armor. Even sniper rifles were not penetrating them. Even the police force was helpless against them, they didn't have big enough arms to combat them. Things have changed since then, but the point is those guys are not comparable to this guy.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Rotten Tomatoes had to shut down their whole comment section for this movie, days ago, because of Death Threats

Sad world we live in when a movie is taken so seriously. :shk:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

The horrific shooting at the screening of The Dark Knight Rises in Colorado late last night bears eerie similarities to a scene in the 1986 comic Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. In the comic, a crazed, gun-toting loner walks into a movie theater and begins shooting it up, killing three in the process. The passage concludes with the media blaming Batman for inspiring the shooting, though he is not involved in the incident at all.

washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Radiobuzz

There's nothing GOOD about a gun and no real reason to have one, it has no real utility other than do harm either to humans or to animals,

Or put food in a starving hungry child's stomach.

Has the 9gag pic been confirmed yet anyone know?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Rotten Tomatoes had to shut down their whole comment section for this movie, days ago, because of Death Threats

Sad world we live in when a movie is taken so seriously. :shk:

Death threats for what?
I am so confused by all this.

link   

Originally posted by Lannister

Let's not forget about Heath Ledger too. Something about the Batman series.

That would make an interesting thread, but getting clear off into the same kind of thing as the Superman curse.

I mean this real specific movie because major problems, death threats..as it happens..already came. It strikes me as remarkable. Of all the movies which come and go without hardly a comment..THIS one sure has caused a storm in such a short time. :eek:

Sorry guys.. I should know better. (holds paw out to slap)

LA Times Story on RottenTomatoes shutting down comment area for threats

Holy Controversy, Batman! Rotten Tomatoes, the popular movie review website, said it took the unprecedented step of shutting down comments about early reviews of one of the most hotly anticipated movies of the year --"The Dark Knight Rises"-- after remarks grew especially heated and even threatening.

"Death threats, rape threats are not OK, and that's what was happening," Matt Atchity, the site's editor in chief, told the Los Angeles Times. "At one point, we had seven people dedicated to [moderating] comments," he said, adding that he eventually had to disable all comments.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

link   

And people that kill people usually does it with a gun. It's still shocking to me how easy is to get a gun and ammo in the US, and how in love some of you are with your guns. It's probably the only thing I will never understand about northamericans. There's nothing GOOD about a gun and no real reason to have one, it has no real utility other than do harm either to humans or to animals, it's baffling that many people don't see it.

Would you say the samething if he had used a knife?

link   

You're just plain wrong.

There are lots of ways to kill someone, and they are all used. The most brutal recent murder in my town here was a double murder (almost quadruple, but 2 miraculously lived), and they happened to be friends of friends of mine, and the murderer just used a typical knife, nothing fancy. OJ used a knife. Lots of times people use poison, or cars, or fires. There was a story on the news yesterday about a father burying an infant child alive. I guess his weapon was dirt?

Killers are killers, a doesn't make any difference to the killer, but it can certainly equalize the ratio of force and make a 100lb girl just as powerful as a 6'3" personal trainer that has gone crazy in a movie theatre. The gun is an equalizer.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

That's why you will never know what it's like to have liberty.

link   
If we could cure the whole body, symptoms would cease to exist. When you were born you were given an expiration date, there is not one thing you can do about it. It just sucks that they didn't get to see the whole movie.

link   

This is the answer, Wrabbit. Once you've seen the movie, you'll know. I have seen it.

Bane is the single most evil, disturbing villain I've ever seen on screen in any movie, full stop. Worse than Ledger's Joker, morally and psychologically. He is a complete, unrestrained monster. The fact that the mask might remind you of Cthulhu, should not be taken as a coincidence.

TDKR is not a movie for children, or the psychologically unstable. Parents, do NOT take your children to see this film.
edit on 20-7-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join