It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antennae in a 14/15th century painting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Many of you will be familiar with this painting, which depicts what looks like a UFO:

netscientia.com...

Some have said it isn't a UFO, but rather a hat, and I have seen a hat like this in other old paintings. I say it is a UFO because of something else I can see in this painting.

There are what looks to me like antennae. Although I have read many a discussion regarding the UFO in this and also some other paintings, no-one has mentioned these 'antenna' looking objects:

When I first saw this painting I never noticed these things, and passed them off as trees because they looked like they were amongst the smaller trees in the background

Then I noticed these 'trees' were quite different to the others, besides being taller, the branches didn't look right to me. I followed the line of these 'tree trunks' and saw that they were attached to the back of the bench-type seats that the people were sitting on, I have pointed them out with arrows.

If they aren't antennae, then what are they?

Has anyone noticed these before?

What do you guys think?
edit on 19-7-2012 by doobydoll because: added link to picture

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
They look like trees and the "ufo" is on the same ground the cross is planted in. Its a hat

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
That would be a cardinal hat
I add Saint Jerrome's cardinal hat
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
edit on 19-7-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I always wonder if people understand that all of these paintings where done about 1000-1500 years after the Christ death.

All the old paintings with "ufo's" in them wouldn't have anything to do with Christ but more about whats going on in the time the painting was painted...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Try this one...

Esaltation of the Eucaristy by Bonaventura Salimbeni (1600)

Now those are antennae.

ETA: Forgot to add. The Catholics seem to always have some kind of sacred symbol on the end of a long staff or pole. So I assumed that's what these were as well. If they are antennae, then it must be an early version of HAARP.

edit on 7/19/2012 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Or this...

ZOMG!!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

I didn't know that UFO's are documented as having antennas all over.

I don't know what those things in the painting are ment to depict, but to say that the thing laying on the ground must be an UFO because of those other things standing on the ground look like antennas is quite the stretch.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This picture is a little bit clearer, and you can see that the 'trees' are somehow fixed to the back of the bench seats.

Since when have trees grown from a bench seat? Or any type of seat?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

What is the painting called?

And I said earlier that the hat like object was laying on the ground, but now I see it is floating in the air with Jesus. Maybe a ringed planet? Saturn?

The "antennas" could be some sort of ceremonial staffs or flagpoles or something.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think those antennae are evergreen of some type. Evergreens have been a symbol for the catholic church since the 8th century. Or even something similar to the staffs they would carry? Like the pope has the trinity staff.
Then again I'm just grasping at straws.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

What's up with the normal sized torso/heads and arms and then gargantuan legs?

CJ

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I'd say decoration.. like this maypole but then a bit more primitive.

edit on 19/7/12 by D.Wolf because: typo

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Klassified

What's up with the normal sized torso/heads and arms and then gargantuan legs?

CJ

The artist was probably using that to give depth of perception to the painting. Either that, or there was a major cellulite problem in those days.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
I think those antennae are evergreen of some type. Evergreens have been a symbol for the catholic church since the 8th century. Or even something similar to the staffs they would carry? Like the pope has the trinity staff.
Then again I'm just grasping at straws.

Actually, that's a very good observation. This is what I was talking about above. Catholic art is replete with symbology.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I think this picture (I've seen it lots of times) is a representation of a UFO or a vortex like the one in Norway, to me this is not the sun or anything.

As for the Sputnik art, yes if this were drawn centuries ago, explain it!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Ancient blubeam anyone?

CJ

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TraitorKiller

What is the painting called?

And I said earlier that the hat like object was laying on the ground, but now I see it is floating in the air with Jesus. Maybe a ringed planet? Saturn?

The "antennas" could be some sort of ceremonial staffs or flagpoles or something.

The painting is called 'La Tebaide' by Paolo Uccello.

Yes, some sort of ceremonial staffs could be the answer.

Could be flagpoles, strange looking ones if they are lol.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
A better version to help in the discussion (I hope).

I think the "antennas" are trees.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
While I view said objects in question, as a hat and some form of decor made of poles and sticks,
there are also many other ancient paintings depicting very questionable items in them.

Here is a site where more of these anomalies can be seen:
energodar.net...

This written in a language that I don't know. Maybe one of you can read it

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well just to add to the whole it is a tree argument. Thanks to ArMaP's link to a better image they do look like trees.

First to the OP the trees are not actually connected to the benches, when you look at the image ArMaP provided. If you look at the circle of trees with the guys on the benches. Looking to the left of the entrance into it and looking at the first tree you can see the artist has gave it a little depth and there is dirt between the tree and the actually bench. A few others are actually closer to the road as well with space between the benches.

Also, with how the two main tree parts are in circles, my little take on it is the artist wanted to show they were like hidden in a circle of trees, but obviously painting full trees would have messed up the art. They seem to be in line with the circle of trees still, just another idea really. However, they just look like trees, a little artfully done haha, but still trees.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join