It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karl Rove Warning About the Olympics:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I will try to find a source for this later, but I was just watching Sean Hannity's interview with George Zimmerman on Fox News just now. After that was finished Greta comes on. I don't really care for her show, but I decided to watch the first 10 mins of the ep today.

As she asked Rove about when Romney will announce his VP something caught my attention.

Rove explains that Romney has some choices here. He could announce his VP after the Olympics so that the announcement will get maximum attention. The second option and his bizarre explanation follows: He said that if Romney announces his VP this week (Keep in mind that the Olympic Games start next Friday July 27) or sometime before the games Something may happen that will captivate the American people's attention that will make us forget all about the VP choice and maybe the election itself!

He cites Americans beating the Russians in Hockey in 1980 as an example, but will something like that really shake the attention of us political junkies away from who the future VP might be? Sure, we'll be happy that our team won, but I think the future VP choice will make people happy or angry no matter what time Romney announces it. And of course the VP will get the prime time speaking slot at the convention. So its not like people won't ever be able to find out who he/she will be!

What the hell was Karl Rove just talking about??? Why should Romney be caring about the alignment of his VP choice announcement with the Olympics?

I think it may have something to do with the terrorist attack rumors going on about London 2012...
Thoughts?
edit on 18-7-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Rove thinks Americans watch the Olympics?

There is the highly touted men's basketball team, that barely defeated Brazil in an exhibition game this week. I don't think a huge disappointment in basketball is going to captivate the nation? I have to admit, I was captivated by Keri Strug when she won the gold on a bad leg, but it was only an accident that I happened to even see it.

I'm afraid you might be onto something, or Rove is just as stupid and disconnected as we already know he is. Either way, sad that something that bone-headed came out of his mouth, but I'm not surprised.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I really hope I am wrong but something tells me that something is going to happen. That something does not include Americans beating the Russians in Hockey or Americans beating the Chinese in Gymnastics or something silly like that.

That will not shake the polarization of America and our curiosity about the VP or the election process! What will captivate America is another 9/11. Remember when 99% of the country was behind Bush after that event? Yea that brought us together. The Olympics wishes it can do that, and this year, it just might happen. But NOT in a good way!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Rove explains that Romney has some choices here. He could announce his VP after the Olympics so that the announcement will get maximum attention. The second option and his bizarre explanation follows: He said that if Romney announces his VP this week (Keep in mind that the Olympic Games start next Friday July 27) or sometime before the games Something may happen that will captivate the American people's attention that will make us forget all about the VP choice and maybe the election itself!

Seems to me he thinks Romney should wait till after the election but knows Romney can't or won't wait. Romney needs a game changer and I believe he thinks a VP announcement is what is needed. I had read somewhere that July 22 or 23 would be the day.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I agree it would probably have to be something bad to capture attention away from this election. The Olympics just aren't what they used to be since they went to every 2 years...talk about burnout...enough already.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

He actually makes a good point. Granted the TV drive-bys will always still get around to politics and cover VP picks etc, but the political junkies are already in the bag for one party or the other usually.

The battle is for the attention of those who feel like they have to vote, but don't particularly like politics or trust either side. Many of these people will show up to punish the ticket they like least by voting against them, and because they don't like politics or trust either side, they are unlikely to follow the news carefully to decide who they like least. Drive time talk shows on non-political FM radio and conversations at work where everyone plays it safe and doesn't get too opinionated plays a bigger role in the development of their attitude than they probably even realize. These are the people that commercials actually work on- they're so busy during the work week that they don't really sort the background noise; it's almost subliminal to them. Most of this are that kind of person at least a couple weeks out of the year, I'm not deriding a certain segment of people as being zombies all the time.

If you're making a choice designed to create the impression that you are shepherded by a wise and trustworthy figure, you want people to hear it and discuss it and take it into consideration, so you have to target a slow news period. If you're making a political choice- choosing somebody who knows electoral strategy and how to deal with congress and maybe hails from a key state, maybe even somebody to throw on top of a grenade down the road; someone to play Agnew to Romney's Nixon- then you want to put that out there while there is funnier stuff for the non-political media to spend their time on.

So yeah, drop a bad choice during the Olympics while Jon Stewart only has 5 minutes to spend on it because the gold medalist failed a drug test and the Chinese are beating us in the medal race because they have reduced the whole thing to a science.

If you make a good choice though, do it while there's nothing more interesting for the DJs to take callers about.

I doubt we're looking at calculations relating to a terrorist attack though. If the Republicans already know something is coming, Romney would be better off announcing a military policy oriented Veep now, so he looks really on the ball when it turns out he needs one.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

I doubt we're looking at calculations relating to a terrorist attack though. If the Republicans already know something is coming, Romney would be better off announcing a military policy oriented Veep now, so he looks really on the ball when it turns out he needs one.

Good Point! Rubio has slid down the VP polls while Condi Rice has rose up! She def has military/defense experience. Coincidence?

Maybe but its fun and scary to think about.... (I like Rice, I wasn't calling her scary, I was calling the foreknowledge of people knowing something will happen at the Olympics scary)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
who the hell is karl rove....

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
You could really go either way with this.

Either Rove knows that something is about to happen, and that it will completely overshadow Romney's announcement, or he's commenting about the typical 30 minutes newscast. Usually you have around 10 minutes of weather, 5-10 minutes of sports, and at least 5 minutes of commercials. That setup leaves very little time to talk about other things, especially if sports gets bumped up to at least 10-15 minutes with the reviews of everything that happened that day during the Olympics. Even if people don't necessarily watch the events, the news will still comment on what happened. Romney's choice could easily get bumped out of the typical discussion if something else (even basic things that happen everyday) happens.

It also seems like Rove is commenting on Romney's popularity, or lack thereof. From what I've seen, him and Obama seem to be pretty much tied, so his VP choice could drastically make or break him. He'd want a good choice announced in a slow-news period (a week into the Olympics or after it finishes, either way a time when people are generally bored of it) so the impact sticks and gives him some momentum for the next month or so.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
he should have to wait til after the convention,,, for "technically" he isn't even the nominee yet

maybe a freak bus or plane accident should occur

we can dream right

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
He must have been hinting at the UN arms treaty to be signed on the 27th. Problem solved.
edit on Thu 19 Jul 2012 by The Vagabond because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Although i completely despise Rove and think he consistently serves the ushering of the NWO, i dont believe he was foreshadowing a catastrophic even, but rather pointing out that it would be opportunistic for romney to announce his running mate sooner rather than later. If he waits till too close to the election and presents a vp that is not popular to the people, it will have huge negative affect on his campain. if he announces it soon there is a chance voters attention will shift to global topics and alleviate bad reactions. if he waits till right before the election even conservative voters will feel ambushed, as it will probably be someone along the lines of a dick cheney . and i dont believe, and correct me if im wrong, there is a limit to the number of vice presidentiaj terms one can serve.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm with you OP.
Although we don't agree on many things, this is weird.

Also on CSPAN yesterday there was a huge push
to get the Haqqai Family designated as a Terrorist Organization.
Members of The House of Reps that were in support of the amendment
were adamant about getting this designation across to the DOJ.
Maybe as a 'Told you so' measure?

It could be nothing, but a false flag wouldn't be unheard of, especially in the current climate.
It makes me nervous when Mr.Rove says something like that & at the same time
The House of Reps trying to pass that bill and... Sheldon Adelson is under investigation.
When a billionaire gets backed in a corner (terrorist) sparks could fly.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
hmm look what happened.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Wait Rove thinks Americans care about Romney?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

Bumping this thread, because that is VERY interesting!

Could be coincidence, but then again maybe they had a tip? Or maybe there really is something to this mind control stuff people on ATS love?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by theconspirator

Bumping this thread, because that is VERY interesting!

Could be coincidence, but then again maybe they had a tip? Or maybe there really is something to this mind control stuff people on ATS love?

First, check your signature. It's incorrect.
Second, as much as most people scoff at the idea that mind control is real, the reality is that it is quite real, and extremely effective. The psy-op campaign to make you believe it's impossible has really worked.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

I hope my signature is wrong, but so far I haven't seen anything official saying he would be speaking at the convention. He is supposedly on the ballot at least, but he has been totally abandoned on the mainstage for now.

As for mind control, I don't believe it, but then again I'm really starting to wonder.

top topics

join