It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco police shoot handcuffed man?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

San Francisco police shoot handcuffed man?

www.youtube.com

Officers with the San Francisco Police Department in Northern California shot a man believed to have a knife this morning, but eyewitnesses report that the victim was in handcuffs while the authorities opened fire. RT can't confirm the authenticity of the video and comments made by the witness interviewed at this time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well just another video to throw into the pile really! I don't doubt for one minute this happened! The cops certainly were not disputing the fact.

So glad the guy taking the video had the balls to call it how it is!

Sorry not much more I can say apart from check out the video for yourselves.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-7-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I have no idea if this happened. If it did, we'll learn soon enough. Count on it. Frisco isn't Oakland or..anywhere else for that matter. This is the land of the liberal and home to the left. No offense intended..and I know a few people who'd agree with literal pride.

Personally, I'm going to wait for more detail and see from there. If someone is really pissed enough and thinks this may be how it went, you can sure do something about this one..... This is Pelosi's district. Go drop her a note....and if enough annoy her, she will insure someone in the City government is far far more annoyed than she is. That I also have no doubt of.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Seems very silly of RT to have their name attached to very dodgey footage like this.

People are ranting that the man was shoot while in cuffs. There is no proof or footage of this.

The person filming the scene is then ranting at 2 random cops ; " you shot a man dead while in cuffs?" does he know these 2 cops shot the man or is he just holding all cops responsible?

he then goes on to film a person being loaded into an ambulance who clealy is receiving treatment and is not dead, even though he just accused some cops of shoting him dead.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm in the UK but I'm sure what you are saying is already being done by someone... Hopefully, but judging by the comment below yours nothing will be done...

There were several eye witness accounts here though so I'm going with them... If it didn't go down like that why didn't the police defend their position? Just walk by smiling? Sick either way you look at it!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Wow..

If that's accurate then that's disgusting..

I would say though that, the witness said he saw the guy standing there in cuffs, turned to walk away, THEN heard shots.... It's possible the guy went for the officers gun or anything.... I'm not saying that's what happened but it's possible.... Also, the fact that the cops didn't deny it doesn't mean anything, they can neither confirm or deny anything at that point as there would have to be an investigation and an official statement....
What could possibly be gained by shooting an unarmed, handcuffed guy IF he was just standing there, waiting to be taken into custody? It will be interesting to hear the official version..... Please keep us updated if you hear anything else... Thanks...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

You say there is no evidence, there are several eye witness accounts here! Why would they make it up? I don't see any treatment... Did they look like they were in a hurry to get him anywhere? Don't you think if he were alive they would have a little more haste? Why didn't a cop just say he's not dead?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Milkflavour
Wow..

If that's accurate then that's disgusting..

I would say though that, the witness said he saw the guy standing there in cuffs, turned to walk away, THEN heard shots.... It's possible the guy went for the officers gun or anything.... I'm not saying that's what happened but it's possible.... Also, the fact that the cops didn't deny it doesn't mean anything, they can neither confirm or deny anything at that point as there would have to be an investigation and an official statement....
What could possibly be gained by shooting an unarmed, handcuffed guy IF he was just standing there, waiting to be taken into custody? It will be interesting to hear the official version..... Please keep us updated if you hear anything else... Thanks...

But you are just cherry picking ONE of the eye witnesses... The very first one said that they tried to say he had a gun, but that he didn't, they just shot him...

What would there be to gain? I don't know, a rush? Who knows? It's happened before though plenty of times... Guess you would have to ask them that...

If the first guy is saying the said he had a gun, sounds like they did say something at some point, maybe right after it happened? Then the rest come in to clean up and tell everyone to keep quite!

I'll update if I hear anything else about it, sure...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If this happened as described, then it should be investigated by a third party investigator, not dismissed offhandedly by the chief. If this happened as described and the officer(s) involved were following procedures, then those procedures need to be reviewed and rewritten.

If an outside investigation, not an internal investigation, finds this happened as described, then the officer(s) involved should face a court trial for murder.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

the cops have more sense than to start discussing the incident with some whack job who turns up with a camera and starts accusing them of killing a cuffed man.

this irresponsible behaviour by the film maker is the kind of thing that starts riots.

the guy turns up at a scene is told by a guy that the cops shot a cuffed guy and he immediately goes over and starts shouting and accusing the cops without any proof ?

whack job.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

he then goes on to film a person being loaded into an ambulance who clealy is receiving treatment and is not dead, even though he just accused some cops of shoting him dead.

I think the lack of hasty action by anyone in this video can lead us to assume he is quite dead. If the man on the gurney was in fact shot twice, there wasn't nearly enough attention being paid to him. Also, all the tubing on his person is disposable. EMT's do not remove them if the person is declared dead on the scene, coroners do.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
If this happened as described, then it should be investigated by a third party investigator, not dismissed offhandedly by the chief. If this happened as described and the officer(s) involved were following procedures, then those procedures need to be reviewed and rewritten.

If an outside investigation, not an internal investigation, finds this happened as described, then the officer(s) involved should face a court trial for murder.

Absolutely, be we all know this will not happen. They will just have an internal review and then close ranks like they always do... We have the same problem here in the UK. When a cop has done something he could be sacked for he is allowed to resign with no blemish on their record! They even end up applying at a different station, and get re-employed! There was a news article about it not so long ago. The whole system is sick...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
According to this he wasn't dead, but had life threatening injuries.

Officers with the San Francisco Police Department in Northern California shot a man believed to have a knife this morning, but preliminary reports suggest that the victim was in handcuffs while the authorities opened fire.

Police officers with the SFPD allegedly opened fire on a man armed with a knife at around 10:30 a.m. local time on Wednesday after responding to reports that someone had been stabbed near the city’s Pier 17.

The Bay City News Service reported minutes later that there was an “officer-involved” shooting but did provide any other details. The San Francisco Chronicle reported at 11:30 a.m. local time that the man was shot by police after he refused to drop a knife that they believe was used in a stabbing earlier that morning. Fire Department Capt. Jeanne Seyler confirms to the paper that the victim was being transported for life threatening wounds, but did not provide any more details.

rt.com...

On the radio right now it's saying the guy had a box cutter, and lunged at cops with it. Not sure how he would have done that while handcuffed, and why would they handcuff him but not take the box cutter away from him?

Edit; supposedly he slashed a co-worker with the box cutter at a chocolate factory near where he was shot...

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

edit on 7/18/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattdel

I think the lack of hasty action by anyone in this video can lead us to assume he is quite dead. If the man on the gurney was in fact shot twice, there wasn't nearly enough attention being paid to him. Also, all the tubing on his person is disposable. EMT's do not remove them if the person is declared dead on the scene, coroners do.

yea , sure why bother looking for facts when we can just spend out time guessing from a youtube video.

www.mercurynews.com...

At Washington and Davis streets, the man allegedly lunged at a female officer with the box cutter and she fired two shots at him, Suhr said.

He went down and landed on his stomach, and officers handcuffed him -- but when they turned him over and saw that he had been shot in the torso, they removed the cuffs, according to Suhr.

He was treated at the scene then transported to San Francisco General Hospital, where he is in serious condition.

edit on 18-7-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

i'm guessing those witnesses seen the cuffs been taken off and just assumed he was shot with them on. yet the vidoe maker would have the world believe the cops shot him with cuffs on him.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

reply to post by mee30

the cops have more sense than to start discussing the incident with some whack job who turns up with a camera and starts accusing them of killing a cuffed man.

this irresponsible behaviour by the film maker is the kind of thing that starts riots.

the guy turns up at a scene is told by a guy that the cops shot a cuffed guy and he immediately goes over and starts shouting and accusing the cops without any proof ?

whack job.

He asked them at first, they didn't reply so naturally he was getting agitated, that is quite normal to me. Then he had more eye witnesses coming forward and telling him the same thing! It should have started a riot any way! What would you do if that was a family member laid dead on the floor? Or even a friend? Would you just be nice and ask them politely?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Click here for more information.

But I removed it myself in advance though

Awwww man. *kicks dirt*

Okay.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30]

But you are just cherry picking ONE of the eye witnesses... The very first one said that they tried to say he had a gun, but that he didn't, they just shot him... ...

Yeah, true, that wasn't deliberate though.... I re-watched and you're right, the first guy says "they tried to say he had a gun but he didn't..."

Still, he didn't comment as to whether he actually witnessed the act of the shooting, it's still possible he went for the officer's gun and, once the guy looked, he saw the man in cuffs had been shot twice.... He also didn't say who has said he had a gun, it might well have been an officer who didn't know the full details.... I'm not making excuses for anyone here, I'm just trying to remain objective about it....

I will say though, check out the immediate twisting of the facts, the witnesses repeatedly and clearly state the man was shot in the CHEST, yet the guy filming shouts out to the crowd of (evidently uninformed) onlookers that he was shot twice in the BACK..... An interesting example of how bad things get twisted into major conspiracies.... Half of those people will go away and tell everyone they know that a man in cuffs was shot twice in the back (executed??) by the police... Cue wild speculation as to why he was executed... Fast forward a few weeks and you have a full on conspiracy... Then when the official story comes out (stating he was shot in the chest) its evidence of a cover up..... Interesting stuff....

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30

reply to post by mee30

whack job.

He asked them at first, they didn't reply so naturally he was getting agitated, that is quite normal to me. Then he had more eye witnesses coming forward and telling him the same thing! It should have started a riot any way! What would you do if that was a family member laid dead on the floor? Or even a friend? Would you just be nice and ask them politely?

are you insane sir?

the guy slashed a co-worker and tried to slash a female officer? your condoning this behaviour?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

What proof is in that article? Sounds like a nice little cover story to me! Where are the pictures from the victim? Where is his statement? You say that you can not just believe a youtube video with eye witness accounts but we are to believe this newspaper article with zero eye witness accounts? Yeah okay then!

One of the eye witnesses says he saw the guy in cuffs being walked along and then heard shots! What does that tell you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join