It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Unusual event' reported at Limerick power plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

'Unusual event' reported at Limerick power plant

www.pottsmerc.com

LIMERICK — An “unusual event” was reported Wednesday morning in Unit 1 of the Limerick Nuclear Generating Station.

According to Frank Custer, communications director with Montgomery County, the county received an email from Exelon, parent company of the nuclear power plant, stating that an explosion had occurred causing the “unusual event,” in Unit 1 but the event did not pose any threat to the public.

Custer said the notice reported the “unusual event” had been terminated.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
enenews.com
www.lehighvalleylive.com
www.abc##.###

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Pa. nuclear plant has 3rd unexpected shutdown in 1 week

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I really like this one :

"It wasn't at that point, the status of the incident did not require public notification," PEMA spokeswoman Ruth Miller said.

Mmmm, no, i think we deserve to know about nuclear incidents, especially the people LIVING near those facilities.

to summarize :

An electrical fault occurred at 8:15 a.m in a transformer that provides electricity to pumps that are part of electricity generation, not reactor cooling event was terminated at 9:46 a.m.

Ok it was not a big deal but still, how many events like that are concealed from the public ?

commission spokeswoman Diane Screnci said, referring to the Unit 1 reactor. There are about a dozen unusual events declared annually at the nation's 104 operating nuclear plants...

Its not the first time limerick have problems before ( check Realated thread )

What do you think ? its ok not to tell the public when its not a big deal or want to be informed about those little ' Incidents ' in nuclear facilities ?

www.pottsmerc.com
edit on 18/7/2012 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
looks like they are blaming the heat with this article, and this one is saying FOUR plants shut down

Four plants shut down article link

edit on 18-7-2012 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
i could care less is they have a malfunction on the generating side, large or small. anything on the reactor side is another story and i would want to know about it large or small.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by B3lz3buth

the incident cited was not a " nuclear incident " - it was a bus failure [ consumer side ]

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
i could care less is they have a malfunction on the generating side, large or small. anything on the reactor side is another story and i would want to know about it large or small.

I too couldn't care less on the generating side, but as Limerick is very close to me I'd sweat like Courtney Love taking the SATs a nuclear event.

Derek

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The Montauk monster appeared for a brief moment. Al Beleik was not available for comment.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
death of a thread.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Interesting, I live about 20 minutes East of the Limerick power plant.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by B3lz3buth

Ok it was not a big deal but still, how many events like that are concealed from the public ?

commission spokeswoman Diane Screnci said, referring to the Unit 1 reactor. There are about a dozen unusual events declared annually at the nation's 104 operating nuclear plants...

Its not the first time limerick have problems before ( check Realated thread )

What do you think ? its ok not to tell the public when its not a big deal or want to be informed about those little ' Incidents ' in nuclear facilities ?

edit on 18/7/2012 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

I am waiting for you to post an incident that was not made known to the public...

top topics

join