It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I used to like Penn and Teller until I saw this video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Never have I seen such an attack on the 'conspiracy theorist' view of 9/11.

All the tactics are used, not just discrediting the conspiracy theorists, but attempting to associate them with being deluded, paranoid- 'Conspiracy nuts, assholes etc'

Another tactic- to make out conspiracy theories are an insult to those who lost their lives. The aim with that angle is that you shouldn't challenge the official story because it is 'disrespectful to the victims'. In reality, not asking questions is disrespectful because people deserve the truth about 9/11.

Worth watching just to see how blatant it all is. If conspiracies are so pathetic and false, then why invest the time into making a TV show to humiliate and discredit them and to try their best to make people stick to the official 9/11 story? Why? Only if there was something to it, would they need to go out of their way to produce a TV show to discredit them.

Blatant. They should be ashamed of themselves.

edit on 18-7-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

+46 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Brilliant. Kudos to Penn and Teller. Your response to the video is typical of somebody who just can't handle hearing an opinion different than your own - I used to like _____ until they said _____.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

alot of people have different opinions.

i agree with some of the things they say, and i disagree with some of the things they say.

they make alot of good points while also being very funny.

peace.

edit: i always felt bad when i see parents doing that thing:

"sorry honey we can't see your friend anymore, his parents are not in the same political party as us etc."

*sigh*....

peace.
edit on 18-7-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Yet I bet their stance on gun control "We need them to scare the government" is right up most ATS'ers ally.

People can have contradicting opinions than you and still have valid points, its the polarization of thoughts like you are doing that got us to where we are in the first place.

BTW go see their show at the RIO, they stand outside and talk to everyone that bothers to come up to them, both seemed like two Genuinely nice human beings.
edit on 18-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Uh, in the real world people are going to disagree with you on things. Disliking someone for having a different opinion than you is just childish.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I agree with you OP I lost alot of respect for them after that show and there were a few other shows where they really show who they are as people, even if they were just doing a show and reading a script they are still feeding the propaganda of lies and BS...

I love how people think performers performing a character think that makes them a genuinely good person most people in the industry are liars and cheats its called acting for a reason you have to put on a good show, just ask paterno.

+22 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I hate the arrogance of those who blindly trust the official story, and I hate ignorance in all its forms. If there is a single person on Earth who can truly look at the events of 9/11 and not have some serious questions they are, in my estimation, retards.

I don't care what someone thinks happened, no sane person can dispel all of the suspicious events surrounding 9/11. The official story does not answer most of the important questions, and therefore anyone who attacks others for daring to think about it or express their concern is a pretty messed up person.

Penn and Teller are now officially retards in my book. If they can seriously hold such pathetic views they are either deluded idiots or just trolls looking for attention - neither option is gonna get my support.

They just lost a fan.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
Brilliant. Kudos to Penn and Teller. Your response to the video is typical of somebody who just can't handle hearing an opinion different than your own - I used to like _____ until they said _____.

It's about respect. I cannot respect people who attack others and deny the evidence offered to them.

I also don't support people who will refuse any questioning of government because it's scary. They're like little children thinking there might be a monster under the bed, and would rather p*ss themselves than go to the bathroom.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Brilliant? The laws of physics were suspended on 9/11/2001. One example is that NIST reported that WTC Building 7 fell at free fall speed but they can not explain why. I understand it is very scary to believe rogue elements within the US Government engineered 9/11, but it is a fact.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ats777jed
Brilliant? The laws of physics were suspended on 9/11/2001. One example is that NIST reported that WTC Building 7 fell at free fall speed but they can not explain why. I understand it is very scary to believe rogue elements within the US Government engineered 9/11, but it is a fact.

I wouldn't bother, the facts and suspicious events surrounding 9/11 are well known, and those who cannot question their government would rather believe that pigs can fly. People will bend every law of physics, probability and nature, they'll ignore evidence, and create evidence where none exists, all to avoid thinking about what REALLY happened.

It's best to just leave these people in a room with American Idol on the TV and a never ending supply of burgers. They'll refuse all forms of critical thinking and prefer their vegetative state of complete compliance.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
If conspiracies are so pathetic and false, then why invest the time into making a TV show to humiliate and discredit them and to try their best to make people stick to the official 9/11 story? Why?

Entertainment? Just because somebody disagrees with you and mocks you does not mean you're right.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

They're like little children thinking there might be a monster under the bed, and would rather p*ss themselves than go to the bathroom.

So tell me, Braveheart, what have you done to battle away the monsters as the rest of us soil our beds?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I would agree with much of what Penn and Teller said. I just think they haven't done themselves any favours by the way they went about this. There was no need for the bad language, they could have been politer in discrediting the people who thought it was an inside job.
The firemen new what had happened, and was very calm and dignified, I' be far more likely to believe him than the people who were using the incident to make money....

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I love that show and am a huge Penn and Teller fan.

I will say I vehemently disagree with them on this episode, as I do some other episodes, but I still like them. I do think that they make arguments from emotion here (i.e. dont question the story or its an insult to the families) that they criticize in other episodes, and thats the only part that slightly bothered me. But I'm not going to dislike them because they disagree with me on this one issue.

A little background on this too: I've seen Penn do interviews where he has said out of all the groups they have attacked on their show, 9/11 truthers (which again I guess I would qualify as) have by far been the most rude. He said they will come up to him screaming and have even issued threats. So maybe this affected there slant on this episode.

Another funny point about th episode: when they go to the conspiracy theory club they show a guy they call Beret Dude who is going off on a rant about how the President is shown the JFK assaination from a different angle when theyre elected and told to do what they say or it will happen to them, etc.

Penn mocks this guy, but what he and the producers didn't know was that all of the people at that club were wise to the fact that the show was to make them look bad. What was actually going on was that Beret Dude was directly quoting (my personal hero) comedian Bill Hicks and a famous bit he did. I saw a blog where Beret Dude said that the whole club was laughing at how foolish the Penn and Teller crew was and was actually mocking them by doing this bit.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I hate the arrogance of those who blindly trust the official story, and I hate ignorance in all its forms.

really.........arent you being arrogant in these statements

If there is a single person on Earth who can truly look at the events of 9/11 and not have some serious questions they are, in my estimation, retards.

Penn and Teller are now officially retards in my book. If they can seriously hold such pathetic views they are either deluded idiots or just trolls looking for attention - neither option is gonna get my support.

Sounds to me thats the pot calling the kettle black............you use "me" "my" and "I" a lot in your posts....

Easy there with the hypocrisy........

They have valid points, just because someone doesnt agree with you , doesnt make them mentally handicapped.....

Painting someone with a broad brush because they dont subscribe to your own views is intolerance and to me, that says a lot about a person
edit on 18-7-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I don't care what someone thinks happened, no sane person can dispel all of the suspicious events surrounding 9/11.

An informed person can.

You should do your investigating beyond the info supplied by the conspiracy sites.

You too can become informed instead of indoctrinated.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Uh, in the real world people are going to disagree with you on things. Disliking someone for having a different opinion than you is just childish.

It's got nothing to do with have a different opinion. If someone has a different opinion that is fine.

This video by Penn and Teller is an all out attack on conspiracy theorists in general, it questions their sanity, calls them '#ing assholes', deluded paranoid lunatics etc, it's pathetic. What maybe even more pathetic however is that these tactics work on people.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

I hate the arrogance of those who blindly trust the official story, and I hate ignorance in all its forms. If there is a single person on Earth who can truly look at the events of 9/11 and not have some serious questions they are, in my estimation, retards.

I don't care what someone thinks happened, no sane person can dispel all of the suspicious events surrounding 9/11. The official story does not answer most of the important questions, and therefore anyone who attacks others for daring to think about it or express their concern is a pretty messed up person.

They just lost a fan.

Oh, the very height of hypocrisy! You decry arrogance whilst calling those with a different point of view retards. Pot, kettle, and so on.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Buildings don't fall at free fall speeds unless all the resistance under them are removed. This type of collapse has never-ever happened to a high rise building and will probably never happen a gain. Any one with understanding of physics knows there is some B.S. in the official story. If you disagree then please, by all means, explain away the thermite evidence and the pulverisation of reinforced concrete as a building plummets at free-fall speed. Thanks in advance.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

If you disagree then please, by all means, explain away the thermite evidence

It was paint.

and the pulverisation of reinforced concrete

Drop concrete 800 feet and it will break. Laws of phsyics, etc.

as a building plummets at free-fall speed.

It didn't and there's no such thing as free-fall speed. Maybe pick up a science book.

Thanks in advance.

You're welcome.

But I am pretty sure you didn't really want any answers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join