It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could someone help me understand this dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I am standing outside of a house and see this huge black, snake with aquamarine ring patterns on it's body. The snake is coming towards me so I duck off in the house, only to find a smaller snake that is white in color but has red and green stripes running the length of it's body. I grab a blunt object and hit the smaller snake instead of killing it the striped snake divides into several tiny striped snakes and instantly grow to the size of the original. I turn to leave the house and the large black snake appears and begin swallowing the other snakes to the point that it explodes. At that point the alarm clock wakes me up.

I know I know it is a screwed up dream. But does it have any kind of hidden meaning?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretWeapon

That IS some freaky sh*t. This might help? Something might relate to you. From the source:

When you are fighting with a snake, it means that you are resisting a change or struggling with a decision or feelings in your waking life. It may represent a power struggle in your intimate relationship or at work.

Thanks for sharing this dream...now Im going to bed soon...

edit on 17-7-2012 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2012 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

Actually no. Which is what makes it all the more bizarre.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
After a quick Googly search, I found this:

Snake

To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. Alternatively, the snake may be seen as phallic and thus symbolize temptation, dangerous and forbidden sexuality. In particular, to see a snake on your bed suggests that you are feeling sexually overpowered or sexually threatened. You may be inexperienced, nervous or just unable to keep up. If you are afraid of the snake, then it signifies your fears of sex, intimacy or commitment. The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can't be trusted. As a positive symbol, snakes represent healing, transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive change. meanings by DreamMoods.com

To see the skin of a snake in your dream represents protection from illnesses.

To see a snake with a head on each end in your dream suggests that you are being pulled in two different directions. You are feeling overburdened and do not know whether you are coming or going. Your actions are counterproductive. Perhaps the dream represents some complicated love triangle. Alternatively, the dream signifies your desires for children.

If you see a two-headed snake in your dream, then it refers to cooperation and teamwork in some relationship.

To dream of a snake without a head or without any eyes implies that you are refusing to see the danger in a situation. Alternatively, it means that you are being blindsided.

To dream that you are eating a live snake indicates that you are looking for intimacy or sexual fulfillment. Your life is lacking sensuality and passion. If you vomit or throw up the snake, then it may mean that you are overcompensating for something that is lacking in your life. You may be rushing into something.

www.dreammoods.com...

See anything that sounds relative to your life at this point in time?

Judging from your description of being chased by a snake, I'd say it's possible you have certain fears and worries in your life at the moment? Possibly someone in mind who you're not too keen on?

I would probably take each interpretation with a pinch of salt though, as these are still broad interpretations and assumptions.
edit on 17-7-2012 by SmoKeyHaZe because: brain malfunction

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The smaller snake represents your fears and flaws while the larger snake represents your attempt to hide or ignore these problems within yourself. When you hit the smaller snake with a blunt object it was your half-hearted attempt to remove the problem but since you didn't face it head on it only multiplied into more problems. The larger snake ate the smaller snakes(problems/flaws) to try to hide them or act like they didn't exist. In the end the dream is a warning that you cannot hide or ignore problems/flaws/challenges forever, eventually you will explode and everything will come out at once.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretWeapon

Maybe it's a metaphor for an obstacle in your life that doesn't seem to get any smaller no matter what action you take against it. It's hard to nail down dream symbolism because it's usually specific to the dreamer. I usually start by focusing on the emotions that were surfacing during the dream. Sometimes it's as simple as don't beat yourself up, it's something beyond your control.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for your help. After reading the posts it very well could be some problems I am dealing with at the moment. I probably do need to face them head on and stop trying to ignore them.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
thepharaoh will have a crack

"your problems outside the home ....are more important then the minor ones you have indoors... ".

maybe work stress....

peace

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretWeapon

It appears you saw a black snake in your dream, this should help you.

dreamingofsnakes.net...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretWeapon

You have nothing to fear but fear itself.

It will all work out in the end. IMO

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
There is something that is provoking fear in your life and whenever you try to solve it, it just produces more fear. This is something you need to definitely check.
edit on 2-2-2019 by iampeterson because: Some words were missing!

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
it is my viewpoint that 95% of Dreams are personal health & living condition/sustainability related...
the other 4.9% of dreams are mostly mental-emotional related...
the remaining, rare .1% of Dreams are Prophetic or Visionary or Transcendental=other worldly
--->> if your proportion of Dreams is far different then you are a conduit for the increased 'Collective Conscious'...

see:

Collective consciousness (sometimes collective conscience or conscious) is a fundamental sociological concept that refers to the set of shared beliefs, ideas, attitudes, and knowledge that are common to a social group or society...

re: Bing Search

example:
The black snake with rings is your ancestral DNA Genome

the white snake with red-green lengthwise stripes is an Germ/Bacteria/Virus/bodily invader of some kind

** attacking the problem only causes the intruder to multiply

& eventually leads to the host's immune system to be overwhelmed (by using only standard, normal practices)

The Above Is: Not An Interpretation but, only an example.... Hope this Helps you in your quest

edit on nd28154913238102332019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It sounds very sexual in nature.

You asked....

new topics

top topics

join