It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your search in the Paranormal is useless...Forever.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Very good OP, I sympathize with you, although I'm willing to share.

Lets not forget its not only the doubters and atheists, but science in general has taken a lack of intrest in some very wonderful evidence, which causes people to reject anything paranormal. I have had very personal experiences myself, so I need no proof, but it does bother me that science has not really explored these realms, nor have they taken it seriously.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I've found that the belief in the paranormal is a lot like poverty, taxes, and getting old:

You never really accept the reality until it happens to you.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
All we can do is keep logging the evidence, if only for ourselves. Hopefully, the next generation of scientists will have common sense, and won't be as arrogant as todays scientists. We can only hope.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It sounds like most of the original post was a complaint, long winded but nevertheless a negative assumption brought about by a lot of perceived negativity? I myself am only assuming. For my own part I actively search for signs of the paranormal, preternatural and supernatural, monday to friday four pm till I feel like quitting. I run an investigations group in New Zealand and we all love what we do so its no trial to investigate. I have a background in Metaphysics and have always found the philosophy of science fascinating; more so than science itself in many cases. I share what information/evidence/theories and critical thinking I have processed at the time with those who I know are able to scrutinize my offerings because I trust them to critically assess and debunk that which is untrue. The rest of course is a mystery, but what amazing fantastic and terrifying fun it is! I quite frankly, live for those experiences that make it through the doubt blender. Its why I invest so much time and energy in the field. yes its Pseudo, yeah its hard to test, critique and scrutinize in laboratory conditions. Its Fringe man...fringe! and thats ok. The Doubters may do so at their leisure for my shoulders are broad and I really dont care what anyone thinks about anything I do. Whats the old adage....Those who mind dont matter and those who matter, dont mind.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I am new to this website. I wanted to say a couple of things regarding the matter of investigating the paranormal and the problems with making certain conclusions related to the topic.

The problem of making conclusions is that investigations into things like the afterlife (I'll use NDEs because it would be a great example to illustrate my point) may not actually be a investigation to the afterlife as it could not be used to authenticity the validity of the existence of the afterlife. All of those investigations is only a mere glimpse of how far consciousness goes into the brain chemical process and whether consciousness can exist in an alternative state, but not really answer the question of an afterlife existence.

We are ants trying to solve why the sky is blue, we like to pretend that we know what's actually happening and will happen in faces of the observations we made and the conclusions we made, but we actually cannot answer whether paranormal exists if we can't answer the fundamental question of why is there's something. Materialist and dualists just like to live in their lies that they actually know what might be going on when they actually skip the main question which can be used to verify the authentication of their hypothesis of the validity of an afterlife existence.

And before you make assumptions about me, I know that the NDEs are most likely a byproduct of the brain chemical in faces of evidence we observed today and the sources of each sides, but I actually acknowledge that we simply don't have any answer to the paranormal realm if we cannot answer why we exists.
edit on 9-8-2012 by Reptillia because: Just adding a note

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join