It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your search in the Paranormal is useless...Forever.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

He has a point though infinity, in my opinion. Why deal with the goons? I always keep these kinds of discussions between my Father and I, and possibly a few friends.

One of my friends really frustrates me in this respect. He is entirely an empirical man, if there is no data for it then it can not be. Yet, he has had some inexplicable experiences in my home as a child. He doesn't deny the experiences, but he will not reconcile with them in any way. I think it is because of how he is. He now has data for himself on something that, to him, should have no data. So his response is to just not deal with it in any capacity, probably from the social stigma associated with such beliefs.

Makes me wonder, how many of the "Aetheists" and empiricists have had some sort of event happen to them but they are unwilling to justify it in a logical way.

ETA: INFORMED skeptics - After reading your posts more thoroughly, I would call my friend an informed skeptic. He keeps me grounded from lofty ideals, and reminds me I'm on Earth. We would all be floating in the clouds getting sucked up by plane engines without these guys!
edit on 18-7-2012 by hidden0 because: Added bottom paragraph

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Seriously?

I understand half of the logic. Not saying its right or wrong, just dont understand.

Hey, I have videos, but Im not showing you is equally irritating as a nay sayer thinking we are alone in the vastness of space. Just sayin.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

That's exactly what I've been saying.

S**T OR GET OFF THE POT! IT'S NOT A SOAPBOX!!

^ my thoughts on this matter. Pretending to have information and then sighing about how it's a shame that you can't show us...it's a rather unproductive waste of time that you could be spending following T&C's and sharing what you have or moving on to a topic that you CAN share on.

Just sayin'.
edit on 18-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

You're allowing others to dictate your behavior. Who cares if some say they don't believe, and who cares if some of those who say they dont believe, also take their behavior a bit further and choose to insult you. Some people WILL believe you. And some will take THAT behavior a bit further and PRAISE YOU for sharing. You will always get different reactions from different people. Choosing to accept defeat and never share your evidence just because you can't get 100% of people to believe you is... I dunno... A little arrogant? A little too high of expectations? Or maybe just plain weak and cowardly? I don't know. I just really don't get it. I believe in the paranormal. Very much so. I think there might be a few other people around here who believe in it, too... And I for one would love to see your evidence. And I would go as far as to promise that I won't laugh no matter what it is... So, I guess I'll just wait and see if you ever end up growing a pair.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAGx1981
My point is to tell you all, if you want to find the truth don't focus on posting anything, do try to ask for nothing, do it yourself for yourself cause in the end, your own opinion is not a opinion anymore it is a open debate to satisfy those who automatically will never believe and the ones that need and wants to even try to understand gets lost in the shuffle of argueing bigots hellbent on logging off and laying down thinking their reason for believing in nothing still stands firm.

I'm not expecting anything or even responses, just a opinion to share to help those of you I have been reading for awhile, just do it, focus, get it right and you might as well keep it to yourself. You never win in the end. Never will.

Winning and losing only happens in one's own head. You believe you have won, it might be the same in somebody else's head, but that's still each individuals' own interpretation, responsibility and choice, subjective not objective or absolute like gravity or the earth revolving around the sun. The latter is true wether or not a majority of people agree on it, the former is only true to the individual. At the end of this life, there's no one but the individual who knows the score he or she gave to their life.

Where we end up after this life I believe is determined by one's personal truth whether that truth is formed with arguments or simply because the other said so. People who believe in a contest go to a place where that contest continues and battle all the images of people they knew while on earth convinced they are the real thing, people who understand the contest is imaginary and only in one's own mind and every victory or defeat is only in one's own interpretation of what one believes to have perceived go to a place where that applies to everyone and because of that there is no contest only cooperation to grow and evolve together.

For example people may say I'm an ugly individual or my truth is ugly. That does not mean I have to percieve my truth as ugly, unless I would want to be in the company of said individuals and go where they go.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
See I have already just in 3 pages started to cement 100 % why I believe the way I do. I see some say it's because of what others think, and others saying I'm trying to do something I'm not. It's called an opinion.

How about this, I have nothing, no evidence, never have, is that good? Cause obviously there is one that is hellbent to not let that sentence go. I have nada ok, no need to having a convo in a convo about me while I'm sitting right here. Calm down.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hidden0

He has a point though infinity, in my opinion. Why deal with the goons? I always keep these kinds of discussions between my Father and I, and possibly a few friends.

One of my friends really frustrates me in this respect. He is entirely an empirical man, if there is no data for it then it can not be. Yet, he has had some inexplicable experiences in my home as a child. He doesn't deny the experiences, but he will not reconcile with them in any way. I think it is because of how he is. He now has data for himself on something that, to him, should have no data. So his response is to just not deal with it in any capacity, probably from the social stigma associated with such beliefs.

Makes me wonder, how many of the "Aetheists" and empiricists have had some sort of event happen to them but they are unwilling to justify it in a logical way.

ETA: INFORMED skeptics - After reading your posts more thoroughly, I would call my friend an informed skeptic. He keeps me grounded from lofty ideals, and reminds me I'm on Earth. We would all be floating in the clouds getting sucked up by plane engines without these guys!
edit on 18-7-2012 by hidden0 because: Added bottom paragraph

You get it, but it is not every skeptic it is not all atheists, like I have said it is not influence, it is wasting time on useless comments with people who are clearly out of there mind, it is because it is how I am. I do not feel the need to have to provide anything, it is because lets says someone found bigfoot today or a full out ghost singing cha cha cha, even then with video in hand on CNN it would not be taken seriously, only by a small percentage, so all that ends up meaning as much as the morning news on a sports shows.

And it is true, so to me, it is better to keep your evidence to only those who care, to only those who actually want to know more, to the openminded!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Seriously?

I understand half of the logic. Not saying its right or wrong, just dont understand.

Hey, I have videos, but Im not showing you is equally irritating as a nay sayer thinking we are alone in the vastness of space. Just sayin.

Really? I mean really? Thats all you got for me eh? A quick poke? Like you have me all figured out? uh ok.

Obviously some of you just don't get it. But ok....

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Look for the last time and I mean the last time, read it please, don't come up with assumptions cause it's the easiest mental act to do with typed words. I have said about 10 times on here already it's not about what people think I am known at others places to say a little too much whats on mind and not care about what anyones thinks, this is about how I feel about the state of trying to prove to the masses as a whole. To me it is useless.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

I have tried a couple times to discuss, and was close to sharing evidence once but the atheists and doubters came out in spades with their usual nonsense cause obviously science knows everything right?

Yes, but that doesn't mean that humans know everything.

Humans have no clue what we think we know now so I agree.

And it's getting worse, to some it's celebrated and searching or even remotely believing in anything is frowned upon no matter how good the evidence is. If it is too good, it's fake, and if it's not good enough, it's fake, and there ARE no in-betweens. It's useless now.

Why does it matter so much that other people believe? If they don't want to accept the evidence that is there choice.

It's not that. 100% not that.

Atheists and doubters automatically reject all of everything that does not makes them feel smarter than you, you lose on their end in every way, shape, or form no matter how good it is, it will never change only allow them a forum to speak upon. To them being witty is the most important thing, the truth does not matter if a device does not '' prove '' it, and when your mind is closed then your whole opinion means nothing.

You will "lose"? Why are you looking at it as a competition. You are simply showing data and it is their choice to accept it or not. I think you are being a bit judgmental of atheists, there are atheists that believe in ghosts, by the way. Not all doubters or atheists are trying to "outsmart" someone, although I know SOME are. Some atheists have bad experiences with religion or to some doubters maybe, aliens scare them or it makes it feel like their life is not important if there is alien life. There are many reason why people doubt, so you shouldn't just judge them all as trying to "outsmart" people.

It's not a competition, but in my mind a losing battle in the end.

Of course it is not all of them but a high percentage of people in general, very high.

Yeah, but understand that there are many reasons, bad experiences with religion, self-esteem issues if aliens exists, fear of having to live an eternal existence. I know this should not be an excuse, but I am aware of some of the fears, plus, there are many hoaxes going around. I think some people do this on purpose in order to make people even more skeptical about aliens.

More in life is question than answers, by knowing that you can assume you know everything, or be humble and learn everything.

My point is to tell you all, if you want to find the truth don't focus on posting anything, do try to ask for nothing, do it yourself for yourself cause in the end

I used methods from channelers that can talk to different beings, so I know how to tap into different thought-wave frequencies... But yeah, we should not force others to believe, they will know the truth eventually.

I'm not expecting anything or even responses, just a opinion to share to help those of you I have been reading for awhile, just do it, focus, get it right and you might as well keep it to yourself. You never win in the end. Never will.

If you are wanting to know the truth and you discovered it - then you won, because you reached your goal whether or not others believe you. It is TRUTH that ghosts and aliens exist and you can telepathically talk if you are familiar with thought frequencies, yes, and whether or not people believe this or not they will KNOW this one day because it is true, so have no worries. I know some people may seem "ignorance" from your perspective but all is well. [/quote

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Then why even post this damn thread?!?!?!

"Oh, I have a bunch of stuff to show you, but sorry, not going to..."

Stupid, stupid, stupid - !

You people really yank my chain sometimes. Stop looking for attention and either spill your info or SHUT UP!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

See I have already just in 3 pages started to cement 100 % why I believe the way I do. I see some say it's because of what others think, and others saying I'm trying to do something I'm not. It's called an opinion.

How about this, I have nothing, no evidence, never have, is that good? Cause obviously there is one that is hellbent to not let that sentence go. I have nada ok, no need to having a convo in a convo about me while I'm sitting right here. Calm down.

Check this edit: Look at the time, everytime I see 11:11, about or 3:11 4 5 you get it, just had to post that cause I noticed it when I re-read it. Too bad I don't think much of the meaning of it, but I know some do.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Then why even post this damn thread?!?!?!

"Oh, I have a bunch of stuff to show you, but sorry, not going to..."

Stupid, stupid, stupid - !

You people really yank my chain sometimes. Stop looking for attention and either spill your info or SHUT UP!!!

I can post what I want as long as it abides by the guidelines of this site, if you don't like get your ass out. I don't want none of your comments anyway, you prove my point, if your that angry, leave thats all I have to say to you.

Stupid-Stupid-Stupid

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I didn't call you stupid, I was referring to the psychological game you're playing.

Crap, or get off the pot. It's that simple. Oh, and I don't like your language toward me, so please be respectful. And that IS in the T&Cs.

Have fun with your imaginary evidence that you're so reluctant to "show" us.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I didn't call you stupid, I was referring to the psychological game you're playing.

Crap, or get off the pot. It's that simple. Oh, and I don't like your language toward me, so please be respectful. And that IS in the T&Cs.

Have fun with your imaginary evidence that you're so reluctant to "show" us.

I totally agree and Op?...

Um.... You may be in the room but you are hiding out with info you have claimed to have... I dont believe you now.

I did believe you had something in the beginning but now I am convinced..... Ya dont.

This thread has been a waste of peoples time!!

Sad, sad, sad!

Either show what you have or ....keep talking to yourself....

Im outta here for good. You got our hopes up... For nothing. Mind games is all you are offering and I dont like mind games. Sorry. I dont mean to offend but when you begin a thread talking down about the nay sayers, say you have prrof you will die with.....??? Whatever dude! Lol

U2U me if there are pictures or videos added. Thanks!

Jenn

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I never, ever, post anything for the folks who are actively involved in the thread itself. I only post for the lurkers who read. I learned long ago that posters generally don't read the posts that exist with their own within a thread. Even when they're replying to a post, it's pretty rare that they've taken the time to fully comprehend that post.

For every poster, there are probably 30-50 readers. I always think of those people when I post anything. Including this post.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Reply to post by roaland

Your evps that sound similar to a normal voice, are the audio wave lengths similar aswell? im not sure if thats the right terminology(?)

What im asking is if you can identify the evps by any different patterns in the wave lengths(?) they may make?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

The waves sometimes look exactly as if someone human was talking and we have some that make the sound wave look like random background noise, until you hear them. So in short we have both ends of the spectrum.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, why is the title this blanket depressing statement, that seems like sorcery or a spell to box people, (which obviously being aware just neutralizes all NLP). And if not done deliberately then one needs to be a little more cautious in choosing wording. For language is a frequency and this is a thoughtscape.

Then the OP goes into the problematic things of posting with skeptics and the troubles with sharing.

Words are iimportant. I usually have a knack of not being able to pick a good title but this one alarms me.

Cancel Cancel on the NLP, inadvertant or otherwise.

We are all waking up, our pineals opening in the frequency of Love and Equality and we are taking strides in holding light, remembering who we are, souls that are big big big big things, more than 1000 supermans, or more. Sleeper/aka Lou Baldin wrote that last part, the idea of souls being 1000 X supeman.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by roaland

My ghost hunting group doesn't share all of our stuff either. We hold back EVPs that sound too good and too clear. We know the EVPs are real but in our experience, people don't want to believe a ghost talking can sound as clear anyone else on the sound file.

Id love to hear some of your evps

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I kind of see what you are saying, but I tend to think that if evidence of the paranormal were to become an everyday sort of thing, it would be difficult for experiencers to wax so emo about what will be everyday stuff pretty soon. If a meathead like me can experience something a bit beyond the average experience... then trust me... anyone can.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join