It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul urges Romney to release Tax Records

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by sensfan

Did he hide them from the IRS? If the IRS has scrutinized them and found no wrongdoing why do you care?

yeah cuz the IRS always goes after all the big shots and corporations.... uhhhh...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite

reply to post by sensfan

Did he hide them from the IRS? If the IRS has scrutinized them and found no wrongdoing why do you care?

yeah cuz the IRS always goes after all the big shots and corporations.... uhhhh...

In other words he did submit them to the proper authority, but you want a witch hunt anyway.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

reply to post by sensfan

In other words he did submit them to the proper authority, but you want a witch hunt anyway.

Yes actually anthing to get Romney and or Obama to be put in jail....

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

reply to post by sensfan

Why wouldn't we care? This many is trying to be the president and appears to be trying to hide something. Which causes red flags to go off. I don't care what party he is from.

Something that is fine to the IRS may still show connections to questionable companies. You can meet the legal requirements and still be morally bankrupt. The returns cold also expose lies or confirm truths.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

reply to post by sensfan

Yes actually anthing to get Romney and or Obama to be put in jail....

I am glad you admit you want to stomp on their rights and the Constitution to achieve your goals. Mr. Pot I have a friend named Kettle I want you to meet.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

reply to post by sensfan

Why wouldn't we care? This many is trying to be the president and appears to be trying to hide something. Which causes red flags to go off. I don't care what party he is from.

Something that is fine to the IRS may still show connections to questionable companies. You can meet the legal requirements and still be morally bankrupt. The returns cold also expose lies or confirm truths.

So should we place them under illegal surveillance and wiretap them as well? You must be the type of guy that hacks into his gf's email account to "expose truths". Sorry, I actually respect the rights of others. You want a witch hunt, there is nothing that points to any wrongdoing. Show evidence of wrongdoing then ask for information.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Not only is it the Democrats, and some Republicans trying to get Romney to release more tax records, LIKE EVERY OTHER CANDIDATE FOR POTUS HAS, now even Ron Paul is behind the idea that he should release more years of his taxes.

Republican congressman and former presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) has called on presumptive Republican candidate Gov. Mitt Romney (R-MA) to release more of his tax returns to the public, according to Politico. In an interview, Paul said that he believes that it would help Romney politically to come clean and open his financial records to scrutiny.

WHAT IS ROMNEY HIDING? IF NOTHING, RELEASE THE TAX FORMS!

Paul thinks Romney should release more tax info

Who gives a real crap anyway.
Ask McCain if i care.

(I dont, it is irrelivant anyway)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

reply to post by sensfan

So should we place them under illegal surveillance and wiretap them as well? You must be the type of guy that hacks into his gf's email account to "expose truths". Sorry, I actually respect the rights of others. You want a witch hunt, there is nothing that points to any wrongdoing. Show evidence of wrongdoing then ask for information.

Well the difference between demanding and use of force to reveal those tax returns is a large one. Obama didn't unveil his faux BC until the public pressure got too high.

Romney has offshore accounts which makes his situation even more suspect on top of his already shady elitist/wealthy status with his earnings of seedy origins. Using government loopholes to fluff up his profits does NOT help his case.

Romney doesn't HAVE to release his tax records but everyday he chooses not to, his public image is indeed declining.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

And yet you completely missed my point. When you are demanding someone to give up their personal privacy and freedoms without cause do NOT COMPLAIN when you are losing your rights and your privacy. Or, you are a hypocrite. Uphold personal rights and privacy or do not, you do not get to pick and choose when you want rights and when you do not.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

And yet you completely missed my point. When you are demanding someone to give up their personal privacy and freedoms without cause do NOT COMPLAIN when you are losing your rights and your privacy. Or, you are a hypocrite. Uphold personal rights and privacy or do not, you do not get to pick and choose when you want rights and when you do not.

Well I'll be the first to say that I will not defend someones argument if he wants to use force to pry ol Willard's hands off his precious and secretive tax returns. He has a right not to show it but as a measure of good faith while running for President, there are some sacrifices to be made. Especially for someone with consistent characteristics of lying and flopping.

I don't need to see his tax returns, his actions of the past already tells me what type of person he is.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

How about we focus on actual issues, like jobs.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

How about we focus on actual issues, like jobs.

Wouldn't that be for another thread?

You ARE free to start a new thread that concentrates on jobs.

Aren't you?

edit on 23-7-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I am, I am also free to give my opinion on Romney and his tax records (which I did) and then give my opinion that it is a non-issue. If you think tax records is more important than the economy you are free to think so. I will think you need help though.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I am, I am also free to give my opinion on Romney and his tax records (which I did) and then give my opinion that it is a non-issue. If you think tax records is more important than the economy you are free to think so. I will think you need help though.

congratulations! you got the last word!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

At the same time, when you enter into the public eye. You open yourself up to not having any privacy. Double edge sword? I am all for privacy, however I understand that if I were a candidate for POTUS my privacy means nothing. Why? Because people want to know who will be running their country. It is fair for us to ask for more information, whether wrongdoing or not is suspected.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by asylumofclouds
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

At the same time, when you enter into the public eye. You open yourself up to not having any privacy. Double edge sword? I am all for privacy, however I understand that if I were a candidate for POTUS my privacy means nothing. Why? Because people want to know who will be running their country. It is fair for us to ask for more information, whether wrongdoing or not is suspected.

People have a right to SOME information. Running for office does not open up your entire life to the public. Now things may be found and come to light, that's the risk you take. If there was a problem with your tax returns, this would become a justification for people to want to know more information. That is not the case. This is a witch hunt where people are looking for something to string him up with, rope already in hand. The public has no right to invade privacy without cause. If you stand for our rights and our privacy, then you need to stand for it. If not, do not complain about your rights being violated.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join