It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul urges Romney to release Tax Records

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Not only is it the Democrats, and some Republicans trying to get Romney to release more tax records, LIKE EVERY OTHER CANDIDATE FOR POTUS HAS, now even Ron Paul is behind the idea that he should release more years of his taxes.

Republican congressman and former presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) has called on presumptive Republican candidate Gov. Mitt Romney (R-MA) to release more of his tax returns to the public, according to Politico. In an interview, Paul said that he believes that it would help Romney politically to come clean and open his financial records to scrutiny.

WHAT IS ROMNEY HIDING? IF NOTHING, RELEASE THE TAX FORMS!

Paul thinks Romney should release more tax info

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

Ron Paul is still in the running, he is not a former GOP candidate.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
So if Romney becomes President, and he still refuses to be transparent about his taxes --- will that make us ATSers "Taxers"?

Ron Paul 2012

edit on 17-7-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by sensfan

Good catch, I didn't see that when I read the article. Just more blindness by the media thinking Paul is out of the race. Although he has no hope of winning, I hope he speaks loud and clear at the convention.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
There goes the serious consideration for adding Audit the Fed to the Republican platform.

Romney would be wise to throw the taxes out there and get this thing behind him.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Latest rumor heard is that his 2009 taxes will show that he paid NO income tax due to losses he sustained in the stock market crash, and the moving of money to offshore accounts.

IF this is true, and were to get out, he would be hurt beyond repair. A billionaire, who still, despite the losses in 2009, made millions of dollars, didn't pay a cent in tax that year.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

Um, nope. If he broke no laws and the US tax code allows the practices he did I have no problem with him. His accountant(s) should be fired if they do anything less. It is however all the more reason to push for TAX REFORM. Specifically a flat tax with no loopholes.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

You may think that way, but I bet there are a lot of american's that will think otherwise. He made Millions in 2009, and if he paid no taxes, it just looks bad....legal or not. Remember how people were upset when he only paid a tax percent of %14 in 2010, when everyone else without a fancy accountant and lawyer, or team of them, paid more than double that? Didn't go over very well.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have an idea, how about Mitt releases more tax records when Obama releases his college records?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Who cares about Obamas college records? They have absolutely no significance or importance whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
reply to post by sensfan

Um, nope. If he broke no laws and the US tax code allows the practices he did I have no problem with him. His accountant(s) should be fired if they do anything less. It is however all the more reason to push for TAX REFORM. Specifically a flat tax with no loopholes.

Awesome...so why again won't he release the returns if Americans are going pat him on the back for his creative exploitation of the tax laws?

My favorite manuever thus far of his?...Roth retirement funds only allow a 5K maximum contribution tax free per year...Thats for the average joe.

Romney figured out a work-around...he created a shell corporation...declared it's value less than 5K..deposited those shares in his Roth IRA, then swapped those shares for his other corporation which had millions in it.

Answer?...TAX FREE MILLIONS...some might be forgiven for calling it fraud or money laundering, but the IRS hasn't gotten around to closing the loop-hole yet, so it is technically not illegal. With a little luck Romney can get elected and keep that 100 Million plus dollars in his Roth IRA that is aprked in the Caymans to make sure he isn't taxed on the back-end.

Romney's Unorthodox IRA - WSJ

Like many Americans, Mitt Romney has an individual retirement account. Unlike most Americans, Mr. Romney has between $20.7 million and $101.6 million in it, a big chunk of his fortune.

Experts on estate planning said it is highly unusual to accumulate such a considerable sum in an IRA, an investment vehicle restricted by annual contribution limits. It appears that Mr. Romney's grew so large mostly because it holds investments in Bain Capital, the private-equity firm he helped start.

Under federal law, Mr. Romney isn't required to pay annual taxes on the account's investment gains, and the bulk of his contributions to the fund are likely to have been pretax dollars, IRA experts say. As such, the Romney IRA has enabled the current Republican front-runner to defer paying taxes on a sizable portion of his wealth

online.wsj.com...

Also see here...
Romney IRA’s Offshore Investments: Helping His Tax Bill?
blogs.wsj.com...

That 14% he paid in 2010 was likely the most tax he has ever paid in his life.

edit on 17-7-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by jjkenobi
reply to post by sensfan

Awesome...so why again won't he release the returns if Americans are going pat him on the back for his creative exploitation of the tax laws?

My favorite manuever thus far of his?...Roth retirement funds only allow a 5K maximum contribution tax free per year...Thats for the average joe.

Romney figured out a work-around...he created a shell corporation...declared it's value less than 5K..deposited those shares in his Roth IRA, then swapped those shares for his other corporation which had millions in it.

Answer?...TAX FREE MILLIONS...some might be forgiven for calling it fraud or money laundering, but the IRS hasn't gotten around to closing the loop-hole yet, so it is technically not illegal. With a little luck Romney can get elected and keep that 100 Million plus dollars in his Roth IRA that is aprked in the Caymans to make sure he isn't taxed on the back-end.

Romney's Unorthodox IRA - WSJ

Like many Americans, Mitt Romney has an individual retirement account. Unlike most Americans, Mr. Romney has between $20.7 million and $101.6 million in it, a big chunk of his fortune.

Experts on estate planning said it is highly unusual to accumulate such a considerable sum in an IRA, an investment vehicle restricted by annual contribution limits. It appears that Mr. Romney's grew so large mostly because it holds investments in Bain Capital, the private-equity firm he helped start.

Under federal law, Mr. Romney isn't required to pay annual taxes on the account's investment gains, and the bulk of his contributions to the fund are likely to have been pretax dollars, IRA experts say. As such, the Romney IRA has enabled the current Republican front-runner to defer paying taxes on a sizable portion of his wealth

online.wsj.com...

Also see here...
Romney IRA’s Offshore Investments: Helping His Tax Bill?
blogs.wsj.com...

That 14% he paid in 2010 was likely the most tax he has ever paid in his life.

edit on 17-7-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

Agreed, the best he could dr up for the American public to see was 14%. The tax return he knew he was making public for years was a 14% tax rate, haha.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by sensfan

Good catch, I didn't see that when I read the article. Just more blindness by the media thinking Paul is out of the race. Although he has no hope of winning, I hope he speaks loud and clear at the convention.

Its not blindness its delibrate.. wash rinse repeat

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Who cares about Obamas college records? They have absolutely no significance or importance whatsoever.

Considering he was mentored by a known communist with the communist party and the fact I would say it is really important but hey I'm just an american that loves his country
edit on 17-7-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

reply to post by jam321

Latest rumor heard is that his 2009 taxes will show that he paid NO income tax due to losses he sustained in the stock market crash, and the moving of money to offshore accounts.

IF this is true, and were to get out, he would be hurt beyond repair. A billionaire, who still, despite the losses in 2009, made millions of dollars, didn't pay a cent in tax that year.

This reply shows you have no understanding of how taxes work. Tell me how he can offset income millions of dollars greater than his losses.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

reply to post by jjkenobi

You may think that way, but I bet there are a lot of american's that will think otherwise. He made Millions in 2009, and if he paid no taxes, it just looks bad....legal or not. Remember how people were upset when he only paid a tax percent of %14 in 2010, when everyone else without a fancy accountant and lawyer, or team of them, paid more than double that? Didn't go over very well.

His lawyer and accountant had nothing to do with it. He paid the same percentage as everyone else. You keep showing you are clueless.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

If Romney broke no laws what importance do his tax records have?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

If Romney broke no laws what importance do his tax records have?

Why won't he release the last dozen years of returns then? Like every other candidate for the last 30 years. What's he hiding?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
So if Romney becomes President, and he still refuses to be transparent about his taxes --- will that make us ATSers "Taxers"?

Ron Paul 2012

edit on 17-7-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

OK, I admit, you got a chuckle from me ...haha.

But seriously though, Mitt Romney won't release it, if he does, he'll be ruined.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

Did he hide them from the IRS? If the IRS has scrutinized them and found no wrongdoing why do you care?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join