It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People wasting there lives i.e drug addicts ..alcoholics..scum bags etc..

page: 33
<< 30  31  32   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!

All further ill-mannered and/or off topic posts will be removed.
This thread will be temporarily closed so all may be aware.

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

Re-opened........

edit on Thu Jul 19 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

Jesus i think ill leave this thread as it is seeing as the freedom of speech police have turned up, amazing what a bit of power does ....i think i got my point across on this thread ...much love x

E!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK

No, 'substance' was not a pun. I mean.. are you serious?

And the only thing you have to stated about why you hate drug users or drinkers is because you view them as "scumbags" and essentially drains on the system.

Sorry, "fella", but there are also plenty of fully-functioning, million-dollar-making drug-using 'scumbags', though when it is put in the light, it is usually socially acceptable.

So really, your reasons are nothing but a matter of biased, unfounded opinion. And you know what they say about those..

Personally, I like to stick in the realm of factual basis, and view things objectively. And you have stated nothing in that realm.

While my views may be pedantic, I find your opinion to be shallow, trite, and myopic. You offered me nothing to 'sink my teeth into'... but I am sure that some of these words will have you scurrying to the dictionary.

Or not.. and if not, well.. we see how far you will go to make a sound argument.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

That has nothing to do with freedom of speech. As was stated, it has to do with decorum, staying on topic, and bringing something relevant (my replacement for substance, since it confused you) to the discussion.

And since you were upholding none of that, I suppose it is indeed for the best that you go.

*Lights dim, curtain falls*

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK
i think i got my point across on this thread
E!

Hmmm I could have sworn this entire thread was quite pointless.

I'm not seeing what point was made

All I'm seeing is someone bailing on their own troll thread. Fail

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209

i think i got my point across on this thread
E!

Hmmm I could have sworn this entire thread was quite pointless.

I'm not seeing what point was made

All I'm seeing is someone bailing on their own troll thread. Fail

Good point.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kapkalna

you have lost me now....can you explain what you wanted the apology for ....? E

I refuse to roleplay that you dont know your behavior is wrong. I'm looking through the wikipedia page of addiction for you, to find the word disease. All I have to do is find addiction to be a real thing and your ghost face disappears, right? Right back into the lamp.

en.wikipedia.org...
This is why you're going to be in trouble when you're hooked. Substance abuse is coupled with psychological problems. The key is to provide empathic bond with the user, to which you're immune while sober.

You do know that wiki is the most unreliable place to find facts on the web?

E

Lol, you do know that only people who've never been on the internet believe that about Wikipedia, and you, it seems.

Wikipedia has citations, often in their hundreds, at the bottom of every article. What's unreliable about that?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales

Lol, you do know that only people who've never been on the internet believe that about Wikipedia, and you, it seems.

Wikipedia has citations, often in their hundreds, at the bottom of every article. What's unreliable about that?

I had that argument with my Uni professor, she was adamant she wasn't going to accept Wiki articles so I just scrolled to the bottom, clicked on the actual references and used those instead. When she commended me for having found different references, I pointed out what I had done. You should have seen her face go bright red...

edit on 20/7/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by JailTales

I had that argument with my Uni professor, she was adamant she wasn't going to accept Wiki articles so I just scrolled to the bottom, clicked on the actual references and used those instead. When she commended me for having found different references, I pointed out what I had done. You should have seen her face go bright red...

edit on 20/7/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

Lol, at least she accepted the citations though. I've known people to dismiss the entire internet.

"Where'd you read that"
"some pdf I got from the MIT website"
"don't believe what you read on the internet, derpity herp"

People who aren't very familiar, especially those who've never used it, seem to think it's nothing but conspiracies.

Not sure if that's a valid complaint to be making on a conspiracy forum though

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JailTales

I was showing my aunty an article straight off the NASA website....her reply? "I don't believe it, it's on the Internet".

I # you not

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Been there.
Initially, I blamed my father for being a first rate, psychologically, emotionally, and sometimes physically abusive bastard.
Then I blamed society for holding me down.
Then I blamed my father again, because, why not.
Then, in a moment of clarity, I stopped blaming and decided to start living again.
It took 4 years and a great deal of will power to get straight, but I did it.
My moment came when I lost everything I owned for the second time, after getting kicked out of my apt.(again) in the middle of November...crack is expensive.
(by the way, that isn't meant to be a reference to illegal drug use. It is just a fact pertaining to why I didn't have money to pay rent, since this is a thread about wasting your life by doing such things. No glorification inteneded or inferred)
While sleeping in my buddy's old car in his backyard (unbeknownst to him...I still had a smattering of pride), I thought, WTF am I doing?

Not everyone has that moment, or when they do they disregard it and go back to self flagellation.
Simple fact is, you can't change if you don't want to, no matter what resources are available or unavailable.
I never wanted anyone's help, and neither do they...so get on with your life, and leave them to theirs, such as it is...
It's to short to spend concerning yourself with someone Else's self improvement
edit on 20-7-2012 by ViktorHaze because: clarification on the T&C'S for to SMOA...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

these people are scum bags that are to weak to say no

These people may indeed be weak. They may also not have the coping mechanisms other folk have. The key thing here is that these people are PEOPLE. They often have no support from family or friends who have given up due to lack of understanding, tools and experience with which to help and or patience. Funding for many government funded treatment programs have long since dried up, certainly in my country if not many.

Your generalizations stem from ignorance, lack of empathy and compassion. A good percentage of us know someone directly or indirectly affected by addiction and whilst it is a hard road to support these people and try to turn their lives around, the road is much harder for the addicts themselves. Go volunteer at a free clinic and see how desperate some of these people are, for help....compassion and the understanding you seem blind to.

Or you could just bi*ch about them on ATS. Way to go you!

top topics

<< 30  31  32   >>

join