It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is About

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Life is not about how we die or when, that moment can present it self any where any time, its about how we are living, the quality of our lives, most people are only existing , dead in their trespasses and sin, like oil and dirt in the spark plug, there is no spark, they cannot fire on one cylinder let alone six. Jesus says he came to set us free, to give us life and life Abundantly . we are vessels God can anoint our heads

with oil, pour his precious spirit into our lives, and the spiritual quality of our life can increase 10 fold 20 old 30 fold 60 fold 100 fold. Love ,Joy. peace, Gentleness, Kindness, goodness, self control, patients, long suffering, the fruit of the spirit.

God can cover our nakedness, with a fine robe, put a ring on our finger, we can become sons and daughters of the most high, the creator , Of Heaven and Earth.
we can live in his grace , or die in our sin. and then experience the second death, eternal separation. you wont want to go there, all the angels in Heaven rejoice, when one persons repents, turns from the darkness into the light.
edit on 16-7-2012 by dwarfflex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I have a very short saying about it.

Life is about living.

As simple as that. Live it to the extreme, and most important enjoy it.

vvv

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Life is about finding the joys and pain of dying alone and with purpose unfulfilled and forgotten.
edit on 16-7-2012 by Tindalos2013 because: errors

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I think it is a joy and blessing that life is for guessing and gauging the worth of happiness and sadness that plagues us all.
edit on 16-7-2012 by Tindalos2013 because: errors

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
You should live your life and try to make the world a better place for your being in it, whether or not you believe in god. If there is no god, you have lost nothing and will be remembered fondly by those you left behind. If there is a benevolent god, he will judge you on your merits and not just on whether or not you believed in him.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
You should live your life and try to make the world a better place for your being in it, whether or not you believe in god. If there is no god, you have lost nothing and will be remembered fondly by those you left behind. If there is a benevolent god, he will judge you on your merits and not just on whether or not you believed in him.

Pascals Wager?

If a god didnt exist it would be necessary to invent him...therefore PW fails

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
we need to be grafted in, we are branches Jesus is the true vine, if not we wither, shrivel and die.

grafted into the source of life , flowing through us, we bear fruit, for others to enjoy.

it not by might, nor by strength, but by my spirit says the Lord.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dwarfflex
Life is not about how we die or when, that moment can present it self any where any time, its about how we are living, the quality of our lives, most people are only existing , dead in their trespasses and sin, like oil and dirt in the spark plug, there is no spark, they cannot fire on one cylinder let alone six. Jesus says he came to set us free, to give us life and life Abundantly . we are vessels God can anoint our heads with oil, pour his precious spirit into our lives, and the spiritual quality of our life can increase 10 fold 20 old 30 fold 60 fold 100 fold. Love ,Joy. peace, Gentleness, Kindness, goodness, self control, patients, long suffering, the fruit of the spirit.

If Jesus was anointed with oil on his head, wouldn't that have clogged his spark plug? If we are anointed with oil, wouldn't that clog our spark plugs too?

God can cover our nakedness, with a fine robe, put a ring on our finger, we can become sons and daughters of the most high, the creator , Of Heaven and Earth.

What are you talking about? What scriptures are you reading that refer to a "ring" on the finger or a fine robe? Aren't we already sons and daughters of God? Are you saying that we have to asked to be adopted, that we aren't natural children of God?

we can live in his grace , or die in our sin. and then experience the second death, eternal separation. you wont want to go there, all the angels in Heaven rejoice, when one persons repents, turns from the darkness into the light

Hate to break it to you but life will end in death! If life isn't about death, then how come Christians think the way Jesus supposedly died is so dang important? What about Jesus' life?

edit on 16-7-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Hate to break it to you but life will end in death! If life isn't about death, then how come Christians think the way Jesus supposedly died is so dang important? What about Jesus' life?

John 14:3-6

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

All is important, his life and his death. He is the living example of how to live and we do not think it's just about his death, we know it's all of the above.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

Atheist's wager in response to Pascal's wager.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

All is important, his life and his death. He is the living example of how to live and we do not think it's just about his death, we know it's all of the above.

Who is the "we" that you speak of? Do you speak for all Christians?

If Jesus is the perfect example of how to live, why is his life all but missing from the Bible? Is a perfect life supposed to be nomadic, relying on the generosity of others, only to be betrayed and denied by one's followers, and then crucified by an angry mob?

Where are those who turn water to wine and walk on water, calm the stormy seas and heal the blind?

I'm sorry, but in my opinion, the story of Jesus does little to tell us how to live excepting his advice to love and forgive, which is a not unique philosophy, as Buddha put it out there some 500 years before Jesus.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

But it's kinda like pascals because it tell us to be good just incase. I should do whatever I want because that's what I want. Not do good for the sake of being good, but in the back of my mind I'm going to also be good incase there is a god.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

Actually, that is the very message of the wager, is that you should do good for the sake of doing good, not because some invisible guy in the sky tells you to.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Jesus says who ever his hungry thirsty come unto me. and out of your inner most being will flow rivers of living water, referring to Gods spirit flowing in our lives,

the KEYS to the Kingdom of God, believe on the one God sent, the Lord Jesus Christ, repentance, be baptist ed, bury the old man with in us raised in newness of life,

and receive the priceless gift of salvation, also Gods Holy spirit. .

Jesus tells us to, we must be born again, through the spirit of God, become a new creation, walking in the spirit, and not feeding our old nature , feeding the flesh,

we have to crucify our flesh old nature, or it will crucify us, the new man, the spirit.

new topics

top topics

join