It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

brownish red basket ball sized sphere passed right infront of my truck today

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
Not saint elmos fire, that is not what he described.

read this article and let me know if it matches the description better en.wikipedia.org...

"The balls are reddish and have diverse size from smaller sparkles up to the size of basketballs;"
edit on 7/16/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

it wasnt near water and it wasnot glowing it did not shine no reflective surface and i know withought a doubt it wasnt a basketball. i dont care about the people who dont know what it is im onlyinterested in the comments from people who either know what type of object it is i believe i gave an accurate description of it so it is out on the table for an explaination is all
edit on 16-7-2012 by stealthmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by stealthmonkey

It's funny when you post incredulous stuff, folks will make fun of it. I know because I posted an incredible personal observation I had at approx 1 am in the morning through my window looking near my deck I observed a couple of strange looking entities. I got all sorts of laughs and suggestions from my beloved ATS folks but both my wife and I observed it so I do believe you when you said you saw something strange.

I for one never said I didn't believe him.

I doubt "they" would risk the general population seeing a drone without an obvious means of external propulsion but who knows. If the police were there later maybe someone built the ultimate dodge-ball cannon for an upcoming tournament. Perhaps it was some top-secret stealth weapon the Iranians fired at us and you lucked out by a mere 20 feet, who knows at this point?

On the other hand it could well have been some type of drone either in use or being tested. I have personally seen them small enough to fit in my daughter's hand and we know the size of what they use here and in the Middle East. They have drones that look like birds and insects so they can hide in plain sight. The crap you see in magazines is a joke compared to some of the ones they have.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
In all seriousness op,

Maybe you have witnessed a new type of drone.

Something alond the lines of this.

www.youtube.com...

and this

Or a combination of the two with a new type of propulsion.

Slayer69 gets the credit fo the pic and video.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It took me a moment to find this and I think that this is the best bet.

So far I have seen a bunch of nada helping you find an answer.

Could be a couple of generations ahead of what we see now in the youtube vids.

Just a possible explanation.

edit on 16-7-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I believe you saw something but remember that human perception of events and reality are sometimes at odds.

Can you add any more detail?

How far off the ground was it? Did it make any sound?

Is it possible it was a bird in a blur of motion?

Was the wind blowing? Could it have been a bit of refuse tossed by a breeze that you only caught a glimpse of?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Good luck kicking a basketball in a straight trajectory for 75-80 yards. I don't think that s humanly possible. Also, Orange groves are pretty clean on the ground to about 5-6 feet off the ground. There isn't much room to hide in an orange grove if you were a kid playing kick the ball.

If this guy is telling the truth then he saw something weird. What's the altitude of the objects as it crossed the road btw?
edit on 16-7-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I saw something sort of dull whitish glowing orb float through our abandoned parking lot at work late one night. It wasn't very big, didn't move vary fast, and similarly stayed on a flat trajectory. I could clearly see by the lights in the lot that there was nothing under it. It just floated off into the woods, and disappeared.

I once had an employer tell me a story of a similar object descending through the ceiling of their dining room, in front of the whole family, then bursting into a shower of sparks when it hit the tabletop.

I have no idea what these are, but reports date back to the American Indians of their existence, and just as far back with Europe. It's where we get the name “will-o'-the-wisp” from. In my instance, it was right near the end of a parking lot that ends at a swamp before going into a lake, between a lake runoff area. So maybe it is actually swamp gas, ball lightning, electromagnetic, or earth lights, who knows. I think that they are natural in origin though.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Had another thought last night in bed, any chance it could have been a helium balloon?
Like, where the helium has partly escaped and the balloon is at the hovering type stage. Could have been a slight cross breeze. Also, they come in many colours, metallic as well.

Perhaps even it was something local? Like a tiny spot or spec/dust/etc. that had flicked up onto your eyeball itself? Drifted across your vision (eyeball) until you blinked?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
A mini UFO?
Who says that UFOs have to be big as a house?
If it was a drone then who did it belong to and where did it come from?

Years ago there was something white that keep flying around my house. It was very fast and about the size of a 5 gallon bucket but it was so fast that size was a guess at best. No sound. Never seen it when you were out side but only when it went by a window. At first we would go see if we could find out what it was but after a while we just quit paying any attention to it. After about 3 years it just stop showing up. Never had a clue to what it was

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

It's notoriously difficult to judge distance/size/altitude/speed at night in some situations...

Did the object give any definitive clues as to it's actual distance, such as passing in front of or behind any solid objects like trees or telephone/power poles?

Or was the object only visible in the sky? If "yes", then how would you describe the trajectory? Curved or did it appear to fly in a straight line? Was it a clear sky?

If it flew in a straight line, and you can answer yes to all but the first question above, then I'd say that one very good possibility would be a meteor.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

it was right at eye level id say 6 ft give or take a foot it was below the tree line and above the barbed wire fence that surrounds the grove
edit on 30-7-2012 by stealthmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

like i said before i saw it enter the orange grove i know where it went and where it came from i have perfect vision and im just looking for answers to what this thing was nothing more.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Are those two at it again? Off of the Vehicle Assembly Building, off the Magic Kingdom..................nothing but net.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well whatever it was,was interested in Something in the area.Sounds like a drone or probe??

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

yes im thinking it was a drone of some sort

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthmonkey
reply to post by FireballStorm

like i said before i saw it enter the orange grove i know where it went and where it came from i have perfect vision and im just looking for answers to what this thing was nothing more.

Well, I'm trying to help you find answers.

Having perfect vision makes you no less likely to make errors in judgement or experience an illusion than someone with less than perfect vision.

We are all prone to the same errors since we share the same visual system, and that's not just eyes - the brain is involved in processing information from our eyes, so before we "see" something, our brains are having to work out what we are seeing first, and in some cases our brains get it wrong.

Experienced sky watchers on SeeSat-L may find it difficult to believe that anyone could misidentify a re-entry as a spaceship, but human perception is notoriously fallible, and no one is immune. Much depends on the circumstances and personal experience. Driving through the wilderness under a pitch black sky, and suddenly faced with a slowly moving formation of brilliant lights can be awe-inspiring and even terrifying. The human mind races to make sense of the unfamiliar, drawing on experience that may be inadequate. Depth perception can play tricks, such that something 200 km away, 100 km long, and moving at 7 km/s, seems to be just 200 m away, 100 m long, and moving 7 km/h - the angularvelocity is roughly the same.

Source: Seesat-l mailing list

Another example:

If you watch TV, what do you see?

A series of still images appearing in quick succession, or a smooth and continuous illusion of motion/action that a camera recorded?

So we are almost constantly being fed flawed or inaccurate information by our eyes/brain, and the vast majority of the time we are completely unaware of this.

I'm not saying that this definately explains whet you saw, just that it's a possibility, and one that is very difficult to 100% discount or prove in a situation like yours, where there is little or no supporting evidence either way.

All we can say for sure, is that humans in general do not make good witnesses for many reasons (not just the reasons I touched on above).

Here are some more related links if you want to delve into the subject a bit more:

Beau Lotto: Optical illusions show how we see
www.youtube.com...

A neat illusion - watch it a few times to see what is going on!
www.youtube.com...

Click here for an explanation of what is going on in the above clip

Perceptual distance and the constancy of size and stereoscopic depth

Depth Cues in the Human Visual System

The moon illusion

The autokinetic effect

Confabulation

Our brains have evolved to see patterns where there are none
edit on 30-7-2012 by FireballStorm because: fixed broken link

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I remember reading a interview somewhere with some "ex govt. top secret guy" who said that while working at a underground installation near Edwards AFB he encountered basketball sized drones.

He said the drones were automated security guards where they would patrol. He claimed these drones were like the thought police, used alien tech and could basically read your mind intentions. Think the wrong thing and one of these drones would come flying around the corner to hover over you like a angry school teacher.

Not sure I believe his story but he was claiming this was in the 80's and I remember hearing the story in the mid 90s. I dunno. Maybe it will sound familiar to another ATSr out there.

However, I do believe the OPs story. It seems more plausible. Anything military or advanced tech corporation wise in the immediate area? THey could have been testing their latest drone.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

the closest one i know of is about 20 miles away and that is avon park bombing range i am not aware of any others in the area

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Any corporations doing work for the military industrial complex nearby? They will be the ones doing the R&D and will have the really exotic stuff that the military won't get for another 20 years. If it was a really advanced drone I believe it would be more likely coming from some corporations test lab.

Strange though that it would be going through a orange orchard. Although if you did have to take the thing for a stroll to test it out. Like how does it do with following the terrain without bumping into objects, an orange orchard would be ideal.

Think about it. simple objects to maneuver around like having to go over a small fence. The orchard is pretty open once you are inside of it so the objects to avoid aren't too difficult. THe ground is relatively free from detrius so finding a downed test drone would be easier than in other places. The tree canopy is relatively thick so most observers wouldn't see the drone doing it's testing especially not from the air. And if it's not around harvest time, nobody is around!

edit on 31-7-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

who knows what kind of tech they have they have cameras out there that saw my dad giving them the bird form over a mile away from inside a bulldozer they know whats going on everywhere on there property apparently general electric owns the land but moasic owns the mineral rights to the land

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
well if general electric owns the land and maintains good security on that land then I say you probably saw some very exotic tech they don't want people seeing yet.

I think there was a thread here that showed what exotic patents major corporations have filed for in the past years and General Dynamics or General Electric, can't remember which, had one for a anti gravity disc.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join